hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 429 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 12858

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Driving on a motorway, with a row/convoy of vehicles all in the inside lane in the distance. You slowly catch up, and as you get there, the last vehicle decides that's the time they're going to move out and overtake - you weren't fussed for the last 10 miles, why the **** did you have to go right at the moment I get there to overtake?!

similar theme, the car in the outside lane that races up to you, then sits on your shoulder making it impossible for you to move out and overtake !
    Yip makes my blood boil. Similarly, drivers who speed up to overtake you then slow down once they have. I use cruise control which keeps a constant speed and its like wacky races with these idiots.

People who don't use lanes correctly also get on my nerves. It's unbelievable how many people think that it's perfectly OK to sit in the middle lane for their entire journey regardless of what's going on around them. I'm not sure if it's ignorance or stupidity when they don't see the problems it can cause for other drivers.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 03-08-2016 at 09:32 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Standard definition. Nae need these days.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who tell you they are massive fans of something or someone, so out of interest you ask a few questions only to find they actually know nowt about it and even less than you do.
    People who say the support a football club but couldn't tell you who they play at the weekend.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Standard definition. Nae need these days.
    Or the fact that Sky charge a fortune just to watch HD channels. HD should be the new standard now that 4K is here.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    People who try to stand up to get their luggage when a plane lands only to find that there is no room in the aisle so they stand half bent over for ages. Knobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I hate that too, but have to admit to having previously being guilty of it.

The thing is that, even if you're first off the plane, you inevitably end up waiting at the luggage carousel anyway!!
    Worse than that though are the fudwits who, as soon as they get to the carousel, stand as close as possible to it with their shins pressing against the side of the carousel so they don't miss their bag. This is usually about 60% of people getting off the plane, just enough to block off the whole carousel.

Usually they will stand there like plums doing hee haww for 15 minutes until the bags actually appear, at which point they somehow manage to huddle even closer. This means, that for the 40% who have stood back like everyone else should have, when your bag eventually makes its way round you have to battle your way through a rigid human wall of panicky, impatient, unaware of whats happening behind them dunderheids.

So when your bag does arrive, the best antidote to this ridiculous situation is to advance from your retreated position at great pace whilst screeching “Excuse Me, Excuse Me!” in a pitch as high as your voice will allow for, before briskly ploughing through anyone in your way and in one fluid movement lifting your case and swinging it forcefully backround yourself at head height in the hope of decapitating, or at the very least knocking unconscious one of these thoughtless dimwits.

If you are good, you can make the case land on its wheels and have the handle up and out in the one movement and elegantly glide off into the distance like Will Ferrell in Blades of Glory, leaving a shocked sea of bodies behind you to have a good think about things.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 04-08-2016 at 04:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Folk (mainly tourists) who walk in front of your car like its not a problem then look at you as if you're the one in the wrong

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    A fly buzzing around in the room.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Yip makes my blood boil. Similarly, drivers who speed up to overtake you then slow down once they have. I use cruise control which keeps a constant speed and its like wacky races with these idiots.

People who don't use lanes correctly also get on my nerves. It's unbelievable how many people think that it's perfectly OK to sit in the middle lane for their entire journey regardless of what's going on around them. I'm not sure if it's ignorance or stupidity when they don't see the problems it can cause for other drivers.

Re. Your first point, it's amazing how many times you can overtake the same car on a journey, when you simply maintain a fairly constant speed, whilst they're up and down like a yoyo. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Worse than that though are the fudwits who, as soon as they get to the carousel, stand as close as possible to it with their shins pressing against the side of the carousel so they don't miss their bag. This is usually about 60% of people getting off the plane, just enough to block off the whole carousel.

Usually they will stand there like plums doing hee haww for 15 minutes until the bags actually appear, at which point they somehow manage to huddle even closer. This means, that for the 40% who have stood back like everyone else should have, when your bag eventually makes its way round you have to battle your way through a rigid human wall of panicky, impatient, unaware of whats happening behind them dunderheids.

So when your bag does arrive, the best antidote to this ridiculous situation is to advance from your retreated position at great pace whilst screeching “Excuse Me, Excuse Me!” in a pitch as high as your voice will allow for, before briskly ploughing through anyone in your way and in one fluid movement lifting your case and swinging it forcefully backround yourself at head height in the hope of decapitating, or at the very least knocking unconscious one of these thoughtless dimwits.

If you are good, you can make the case land on its wheels and have the handle up and out in the one movement and elegantly glide off into the distance like Will Ferrell in Blades of Glory, leaving a shocked sea of bodies behind you to have a good think about things.
    Oh sweet Jesus. People that don't know how to behave in airports. Bloody hell.

At security: "oh I need to remove my belt do I?"
    "Yes I have various bottles of liquids all individually scattered around my luggage difficult to find spots. Oh, I need to have them in a separate bag do I? Well why didn't you say so then"

These imbeciles that get arsey when their 3 litres of paint stripper and 2 bottles of Glens voddie from ASDA aren't allowed through security??!!?!?!

And then people who have no ability to judge physical space and hold the whole boarding procedure up trying to ram their trolley case into a space just about big enough for a thimble at most.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 04-08-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lorries overtaking other lorries.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Re. Your first point, it's amazing how many times you can overtake the same car on a journey, when you simply maintain a fairly constant speed, whilst they're up and down like a yoyo. Morons.
    I was using cruise control a few weeks ago on the M6 and you really see the erratic speeds others drive at.

My accidentally deleted post above was...

You get stuck behind a slowcoach doing 40 mph on an open road.
    You eventually get a chance to overtake and zoom past.
    You drive for a bit at 60mph, look in your rearview mirror and the slowcoach is right on your tail.

Wallies R Us.

Testimonial Due
    Lorries overtaking other lorries.
    Should be banned imo, especially on dual carriageways like the M8. What difference does it really make to their overall journey? It takes them about 5 minutes to overtake.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Should be banned imo, especially on dual carriageways like the M8. What difference does it really make to their overall journey? It takes them about 5 minutes to overtake.
    In France, I'm sure it's banned on certain roads and it makes a huge difference to the flow of traffic.

Compare with today driving to Perth, sitting at 71mph and overtaking some slower cars, a lorry pulls out in front of the car ahead of me to overtake another lorry. Our speed had to come down to 40mph while the daft ******* inched slowly ahead of the other lorry, causing a queue of traffic waiting for him to move back in

Blog Entries
    In France, I'm sure it's banned on certain roads and it makes a huge difference to the flow of traffic.

Compare with today driving to Perth, sitting at 71mph and overtaking some slower cars, a lorry pulls out in front of the car ahead of me to overtake another lorry. Our speed had to come down to 40mph while the daft ******* inched slowly ahead of the other lorry, causing a queue of traffic waiting for him to move back in
    I've been in the inside lane on the M8 when that's happened. Coming to a slight incline, the muppet in the lorry in front pulls out into a gap in the faster traffic but immediately slows down to about 40mh on the slope. Meanwhile I'm in the inside lane, unavoidably forced into overtaking on the inside, while the muppet toots his horn and flashes his lights for about quarter of a mile. It amazes me how many lorry drivers, who I always think of as good drivers, can't read road conditions.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I've been in the inside lane on the M8 when that's happened. Coming to a slight incline, the muppet in the lorry in front pulls out into a gap in the faster traffic but immediately slows down to about 40mh on the slope. Meanwhile I'm in the inside lane, unavoidably forced into overtaking on the inside, while the muppet toots his horn and flashes his lights for about quarter of a mile. It amazes me how many lorry drivers, who I always think of as good drivers, can't read road conditions.
    In my experience many lorry drivers are far from good drivers. I've lost count the amount of times i've been sat in the middle lane before a lorry has dangerously pulled out in front of me, forcing me to quickly move to the outside lane without fully checking it's safe to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Oh sweet Jesus. People that don't know how to behave in airports. Bloody hell.

At security: "oh I need to remove my belt do I?"
    "Yes I have various bottles of liquids all individually scattered around my luggage difficult to find spots. Oh, I need to have them in a separate bag do I? Well why didn't you say so then"

These imbeciles that get arsey when their 3 litres of paint stripper and 2 bottles of Glens voddie from ASDA aren't allowed through security??!!?!?!

And then people who have no ability to judge physical space and hold the whole boarding procedure up trying to ram their trolley case into a space just about big enough for a thimble at most.
    Haha that's my Mrs! We nearly missed a connecting flight once because of this after they took her bag to the side in a separate dunces bag search queue

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

I think they do it on purpose, just to be annoying.

a particularly bad spot is just after passing under the railway bridge just after newbridge heading west, it's about a 4 mile climb up a steady gradient, but it takes 10-15 minutes at times, whilst 2 lorries look like a snail race..

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    My accidentally deleted post above was...

You get stuck behind a slowcoach doing 40 mph on an open road.
    You eventually get a chance to overtake and zoom past.
    You drive for a bit at 60mph, look in your rearview mirror and the slowcoach is right on your tail.

Wallies R Us.
    On a similar note.

40mph for 15 miles in a 60 zone, gets to a 30mph zone. Continues at 40mph.

A702 is terrible for it.

We drove down to the Lake District recently and were astounded at the cretinous way people drive. Tailgating in the fast lane at 70mph is more or less the norm. Don't these guys - and it's always guys - realise how insane that is?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    We drove down to the Lake District recently and were astounded at the cretinous way people drive. Tailgating in the fast lane at 70mph is more or less the norm. Don't these guys - and it's always guys - realise how insane that is?
    Tailgating is just one of those driving behaviours I'll never understand. It's an open and shut case, if you crash into the back of someone the blame lies with you (the tailgater), why do it?

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Tailgating is just one of those driving behaviours I'll never understand. It's an open and shut case, if you crash into the back of someone the blame lies with you (the tailgater), why do it?

Lane hogging is the one behaviour I really don't understand. The Edinburgh City bypass is brutal for lane hoggers who stubbornly refuse to pull over.

The outside lane is an overtaking lane, not a lane to coast along at 68mph with a string of cars behind you and an empty inside lane. If someone wants to pass at 75mph then pull over and let them past. Whilst the speed limit is 70, guidelines mean the Police would normally allow you to go up to 79 mph before you would be stopped for speeding.

Interestingly in the UK 3 times as many people get stopped by Police for lane hogging than tailgating.

The big problem as well with lane hogging is that it fuels tailgaiting

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Lane hogging is the one behaviour I really don't understand. The Edinburgh City bypass is brutal for lane hoggers who stubbornly refuse to pull over.

The outside lane is an overtaking lane, not a lane to coast along at 68mph with a string of cars behind you and an empty inside lane. If someone wants to pass at 75mph then pull over and let them past. Whilst the speed limit is 70, guidelines mean the Police would normally allow you to go up to 79 mph before you would be stopped for speeding.

Interestingly in the UK 3 times as many people get stopped by Police for lane hogging than tailgating.

The big problem as well with lane hogging is that it fuels tailgaiting
    I posted about lane hogging earlier in the thread too, and you're right there's no need for that either. Tailgating happens everywhere though, it's not just confined to the motorway. There is absolutely no need for it when driving at 30 mph (soon to be 20mph!) along a normal road in the town and it's just one of those things I can't understand in those circumstances.

I posted about lane hogging earlier in the thread too, and you're right there's no need for that either. Tailgating happens everywhere though, it's not just confined to the motorway. There is absolutely no need for it when driving at 30 mph (soon to be 20mph!) along a normal road in the town and it's just one of those things I can't understand in those circumstances.
    Ah sorry hadn't seen that.

Yeah agree!! It's only going to get worse in town with the 20mph as well.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Flute bands. There's one playing in the street next to mine just now, keeping my kids awake and doing my head in. It's their annual gala day apparently. ****ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Flute bands. There's one playing in the street next to mine just now, keeping my kids awake and doing my head in. It's their annual gala day apparently. ****ers.
    Wave your Hibs scarf at them. That should distract them a bit

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Wave your Hibs scarf at them. That should distract them a bit
    Ehhm obviously I am brave enough to do that but... it's in the wash so I'm just going to vent online instead

Road rage.
    Why doesn't anyone say anything about the numpties on the road that cause road rage.
    Mr Average Driver doesn't get road rage without good reason

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Drunks at 4am. If yeh cannae have a drink without acting like a wee lassie, then dinnae drink.

The to$$ers working on the school behind my hoose using power tools since 0800! Its sunday ffs