hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 428 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 12833

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Posts with thread titles that give no indication of the content.

Threads titled "deary me", "I hate to say it but..." and "just a thought" can GTF.

2. Log in to remove the advert

People suddenly being on first name terms with Andy Murray during Wimbledon, despite not watching a second of tennis/sport the rest of the year.

Barkeeps that don't let me sing 'Stokesy's on Fire' in their pubs.

Sentences that begin with "I'm not going to lie..."

Young folk with no respect for the elderly.

Old folk with no respect for others just 'cos they're old.

The Rangers fans.

The Rangers 'fans'.

Onesies.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People suddenly being on first name terms with Andy Murray during Wimbledon, despite not watching a second of tennis/sport the rest of the year.

Barkeeps that don't let me sing 'Stokesy's on Fire' in their pubs.

Sentences that begin with "I'm not going to lie..."

Young folk with no respect for the elderly.

Old folk with no respect for others just 'cos they're old.

The Rangers fans.

The Rangers 'fans'.

Onesies.
    On the same lines, statements that begin with
    "To be honest..." or "To tell you the truth...."
    Is it fair to assume that everything else this person says is probably an untruth?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    On the same lines, statements that begin with
    "To be honest..." or "To tell you the truth...."
    Is it fair to assume that everything else this person says is probably an untruth?
    I hate when people start long, boring stories with "to cut a long story short"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Check what bus you're meant to get, and how much it's going to cost, before you go out in the morning. It's early morning, obviously folk are trying to get to work, I don't need to be held up by ****ing idiots. Who doesn't have a phone with Internet nowadays? Look online, you'll find all the information you need, and you won't do my head in.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Parked car ahead blocking your lane,you see it well in advance,check your mirrors and indicate to come out. The erse behind, who in seeing you indicate and knowing you have plenty of room takes this as his cue to accelerate and block you in.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Sour pussed gits that wouldn't give you the time of day if you asked them because their grumpy on their way to work in the morning.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Check what bus you're meant to get, and how much it's going to cost, before you go out in the morning. It's early morning, obviously folk are trying to get to work, I don't need to be held up by ****ing idiots. Who doesn't have a phone with Internet nowadays? Look online, you'll find all the information you need, and you won't do my head in.
    My Mrs told me she got on a bus this morning and some jakey got on trying to board with a voucher that he had rather than the fare, held the bus up for about 10 minutes while the driver checked. My Mrs started shouting at the jakey for delaying the bus and he got all defensive saying he had places to be too and that it was people like her who kept him poor. People like that...

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    People who look down on other people less fortunate than themselves .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Parked car ahead blocking your lane,you see it well in advance,check your mirrors and indicate to come out. The erse behind, who in seeing you indicate and knowing you have plenty of room takes this as his cue to accelerate and block you in.
    I agree, and the reason you have to make this switch of lane is also my pet peeve.

Only this morning did a taxi stop not 15 yards in front of me, in the middle of the road and put his hazards on. when i passed him he was looking at the paper. Why do taxis think they can just stop anywhere? This was the middle of northumberland street, its narrow enough as it is.

And this is particularly bad outside the roxburgh at charlotte square. Every rush hour taxis and sometimes coaches sit and wait on the double lines outside causing the traffic to bottleneck. (im sure ive ranted about this already, but its worthy of a second)

The weirdos who decide to get the person at the till in a petrol station to go and make them a coffee and heat up a sausage roll when there is a queue.

Folk that get messages in petrol stations.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    The weirdos who decide to get the person at the till in a petrol station to go and make them a coffee and heat up a sausage roll when there is a queue.

Folk that get messages in petrol stations.

Are petrol stations now used as a drop off point for messages? Can you leave a note there for someone to collect or do you just tell the person at the till your message and they pass it on when the person it is intended for comes in. Come on SG explain how this works I'm intrigued.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Are petrol stations now used as a drop off point for messages? Can you leave a note there for someone to collect or do you just tell the person at the till your message and they pass it on when the person it is intended for comes in. Come on SG explain how this works I'm intrigued.
    Folks that seem to be "obtuse" all the time! :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Jobsworth train guards who think they can speak to you like **** cos they have a wee ticket machine and a uniform. Pricks.

First Team Breakthrough
    TV adverts that use puppets.

I'd not cry if the "creatives" that dream these monstrosities up are first against the wall.

Robert Peston and Norman Smith.

Peston talks like his batteries are running out and Smith looks like a light bulb with ears. Worse than that, they tell us stuff we already know and they both try to make their reports all about them rather than the story they're supposed to be reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    Loose women should be banned. If it was men talking in the same way, it would be.

Vegans/vegetarians who look down on you for eating meat, it's natural, get over yourself.

Cyclists in general, but more so ones who get onto trains, the self appointed most important people on the planet.

People who are offended by absolutely everything, it's became a major problem, especially since facebook has came about!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Folks that seem to be "obtuse" all the time! :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That bar named "Southpour" in Newington.

"Southpour"

Nah. It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That bar named "Southpour" in Newington.

"Southpour"

Nah. It doesn't work.
    On a similar theme, the people that call the pub on Shandwick Place Au Bar, when its meant to be Gold Bar, come on now eh! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Robert Peston and Norman Smith.

Peston talks like his batteries are running out and Smith looks like a light bulb with ears. Worse than that, they tell us stuff we already know and they both try to make their reports all about them rather than the story they're supposed to be reporting.
    Robert Peston. How he ever became a broadcast journalist I will never know. Unwatchable.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I agree, and the reason you have to make this switch of lane is also my pet peeve.

Only this morning did a taxi stop not 15 yards in front of me, in the middle of the road and put his hazards on. when i passed him he was looking at the paper. Why do taxis think they can just stop anywhere? This was the middle of northumberland street, its narrow enough as it is.

And this is particularly bad outside the roxburgh at charlotte square. Every rush hour taxis and sometimes coaches sit and wait on the double lines outside causing the traffic to bottleneck. (im sure ive ranted about this already, but its worthy of a second)
    If you were staying in the Roxburgh and you ordered a taxi where would you expect to be picked up? The nearest point. Where there isn't double yellow lines is a long way from the hotel. Sometimes you just have to accept that we live in a city that wasn't designed for modern day circumstances. It's the same all over the city centre, the old Waverley hotel is the worst imo. I always try to think that when I see people parked outside shops during the rush hour that they're spending money and keeping the local economy going. We all get where we're going eventually.
    Peace

United we stand here....

Taxi/Private Hire drivers who you have to navigate for.

Testimonial Due
    Taxi/Private Hire drivers who you have to navigate for.
    Or even worse, the ones who go the long routes instead of asking when they clearly have no idea.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Probably mentioned already but folk who can't work roundabouts. Either the lane is wrong or they have no idea when to indicate, if they bother at all. You even have some radges that don't even look and just go straight on to the roundabout whether something's coming or not.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Driving on a motorway, with a row/convoy of vehicles all in the inside lane in the distance. You slowly catch up, and as you get there, the last vehicle decides that's the time they're going to move out and overtake - you weren't fussed for the last 10 miles, why the **** did you have to go right at the moment I get there to overtake?!

similar theme, the car in the outside lane that races up to you, then sits on your shoulder making it impossible for you to move out and overtake !

People who tell you they are massive fans of something or someone, so out of interest you ask a few questions only to find they actually know nowt about it and even less than you do.

Hot air driers in public toilets that couldn't blow over a feather standing on its end far less dry your hands.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    People of unremarkable intelligence who frequently state that they don't easily suffer fools.

People who tell you they are massive fans of something or someone, so out of interest you ask a few questions only to find they actually know nowt about it and even less than you do.
    You always catch out folk who like 'cool' bands with this. 3 questions is usually all it takes to suss them out.

On a vaguely related note folk you see wandering about in Ramones, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin T shirts who you just know couldn't name 2 albums between the 3 bands.