hibs.net Messageboard

Page 320 of 429 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,600 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who act surprised that Christmas is advertised and shops have Christmas stock in October.

It's been like this for about 20 years and every year people go mad about it on social media as though it's the 1st time it's happened.

If people didn't buy it, shops wouldn't do it. I've picked up a few bits and bobs already, spreads the cost.
    I nearly choked on my Creme Egg.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    People who act surprised that Christmas is advertised and shops have Christmas stock in October.

It's been like this for about 20 years and every year people go mad about it on social media as though it's the 1st time it's happened.

If people didn't buy it, shops wouldn't do it. I've picked up a few bits and bobs already, spreads the cost.

No its not. Ive seen at least 4 on Social Media tell me 'It GeTs EaRlIeR EvErY YeAr'

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Might have been me, did they have a Hibs mask on? I had someone that was staring at me almost aggressively that i said alright to in there the other day.
    Probably someone that hates Hibs?

I was watching an old comedy (The Likely Lads) the other day that was filmed in 1974, and they said exactly the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Saw this on Facebook:

F*****g w*****s setting off fireworks in October, dug bolted and knocked over the Christmas tree 🎄😂😂😂😂😂😂
    .............. could have been worse, it might have smashed the Easter eggs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Saw this on Facebook:

F*****g w*****s setting off fireworks in October, dug bolted and knocked over the Christmas tree 🎄😂😂😂😂😂😂
    .............. could have been worse, it might have smashed the Easter eggs.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Probably someone that hates Hibs?

Wouldn’t be the first time. Was in one evening and a couple of older teens passed and one of them went “‘mon the Hearts”, I said “f*** the Hearts” and the same boy replied “f*** the Hearts”, presumably by accident.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Wouldn’t be the first time. Was in one evening and a couple of older teens passed and one of them went “‘mon the Hearts”, I said “f*** the Hearts” and the same boy replied “f*** the Hearts”, presumably by accident.
    I think that comes from their kickback FTH thing. The irony's lost on them.

Fashion designers who are quite evidently taking the piss with some of their offerings knowing people will pay for the label. I like to dress well and have a few bits and bobs that I was happy to pay for but some stuff is just off the scale mental.

The entire Yeezy range by Adidas must be a giant social experiment to see how crap you can make something look before people stop buying it. I present exhibit A:

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...hoCR0wQAvD_BwE

And B:

https://stockx.com/adidas-yeezy-knit...BoCkiMQAvD_BwE

The worst of the lot is this monstrosity I came across the other day though. £2890!!
    https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...hoCEWcQAvD_BwE

I can't believe anyone who bought that did it for any reason other than to show off to people that they can afford it. No one thinks that looks good.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Fashion designers who are quite evidently taking the piss with some of their offerings knowing people will pay for the label. I like to dress well and have a few bits and bobs that I was happy to pay for but some stuff is just off the scale mental.

The entire Yeezy range by Adidas must be a giant social experiment to see how crap you can make something look before people stop buying it. I present exhibit A:

And B:

The worst of the lot is this monstrosity I came across the other day though. £2890!!

I can't believe anyone who bought that did it for any reason other than to show off to people that they can afford it. No one thinks that looks good.
    I used to see someone who used an old Railtrack hi-vis jacket as a cycling jacket and I thought it looked pretty good. Probably not the best part of £3k though…

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I used to see someone who used an old Railtrack hi-vis jacket as a cycling jacket and I thought it looked pretty good. Probably not the best part of £3k though…
    Ha! When I first had a motorbike I had yellow NCB oilskins for wet weather. 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

And B:

I've got a similar jacket to that Balenciaga thing but I have to wear it in hi Viz areas, £68 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    I've got a similar jacket to that Balenciaga thing but I have to wear it in hi Viz areas, £68 or something.
    Aye I've got one for the warehouse in my work when I venture down. Think my boss was complaining because they had gone up to £55.

I might buy a job lot and get them on Ebay.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Why the hell is everything a 'Journey'?

You start a new job, get some intro from the owner to all the new starts and he describes us as going on some mystical 'Journey' together.

The company you're working with releases a new TV, and they have a big media event where they describe it as going on a 'Journey', with emotive music and emotional sounding speech.

Naw, it's a job, you're only doing it to pay your bills, and it's just a bl**dy telly!!!!

Aye I've got one for the warehouse in my work when I venture down. Think my boss was complaining because they had gone up to £55.

I might buy a job lot and get them on Ebay.
    Winter jackets and vests for summer make money all year round.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

You start a new job, get some intro from the owner to all the new starts and he describes us as going on some mystical 'Journey' together.

The company you're working with releases a new TV, and they have a big media event where they describe it as going on a 'Journey', with emotive music and emotional sounding speech.

Naw, it's a job, you're only doing it to pay your bills, and it's just a bl**dy telly!!!!
    Yea so glad I'm out of all that ****....corporate speak! How embarrassing for those who buy into it and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Yea so glad I'm out of all that ****....corporate speak! How embarrassing for those who buy into it and repeat.

It's amazing how many of the mostly younger colleagues* at my work actually do buy into it.

* Before anyone gets offended, this is just how it is at my work, I'm making no inference generally about young folk.... no matter how much I dislike them ;-).

@hibs.net private member
    It's amazing how many of the mostly younger colleagues* at my work actually do buy into it.

* Before anyone gets offended, this is just how it is at my work, I'm making no inference generally about young folk.... no matter how much I dislike them ;-).

It's just a phase they're going through.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Corporate speak? Surely a phrase they're going through?

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    is this phase not a journey also?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    is this phase not a journey also?
    Both rank highly in the corporate speak “space”.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    People selling things on Facebook or whatever who take 6 identical photos of the object instead of different angles/doors open or closed etc.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

In my job nearly every shift is a journey.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Good one G 😀

Dunfermline bus station. It has to be the most user unfriendly transport hub I've ever been to. No staff around to ask, very little in the way of route information and the timetables are non existent. If you're new to the area like me you'll really struggle to find the number of bus to where you want to go. Theres a poorly lit supervisors office with a kind of serving hatch window to speak to them and on the window theres a sign that says for information chap the door round the side and when you do they don't bother answering it anyway. Its no wonder folk use their cars so much. The difference between the bus service in Edinburgh and Dunfermline is staggering. I know Edinburgh is much bigger but Dunfermline is a very large town now but the bus network is so poor.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 10-10-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Both rank highly in the corporate speak “space”.

Going Forward, the new Space is all part of our Journey together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

Except on a Sunday, when you just sit in the Bothy all day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Went for a swim in a local tidal outdoor pool this morning. It's reasonably popular and although it's not quite as busy in the autumn months, there were still a few people who had enjoyed a swim.

There's a little natural part in the rocks that shelters the view on three of the four sides and people use that to get changed. Unless you're on the rocks or right in front of it, nobody sees you. People use towels, gowns etc. to protect their modesty on the fourth side so it works perfectly. It's at the side of the beach too and well out of the way.

A family with two young kids came down onto the beach and although it was clear that there was a few people waiting to get changed in the little alcove, their kids started climbing all over the rocks and removing any chance of people being out of the way. The parents let them continue with it and more interested in their phones ("don't slip on there" etc.) ended up encouraging them.

One of the swimmers went across and said politely that people use the alcove to discreetly change, they were told "they're just playing, why do you have to do it there".

There's literally an entire beach full of things to climb over and shells to collect elsewhere.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Except on a Sunday, when you just sit in the Bothy all day.

Not true. I'm not ScotRail anymore.

@hibs.net private member
    Shop assistants not taking off the security tag and the alarm going full tilt.