hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 424 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

People who go into tanning studios white and come out looking like they have been dipped in a frying pan

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Any guy over 25 with a hair style that needs gel , cream or hairspray. C'mon guys eh.

Folk who cant position their car to turn right at traffic lights without holding everyone up who wants to turn left or go straight ahead. Morons.
    Immature teenagers who like to speak loudly in a crowd so everyone can hear their fanny banter.

Men that gossip. C'mon guys eh .

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you drive a big German diesel Aldo dde00
    What makes you ask that. And you guess correct! Not big big but big enough for the 4 of us?

May I ask why?

Continuing my weight theme: diet chat in the office at work.

'Ooh I'm doing the 5/2 diet but I cheated last night and had some chips and a muffin.'

'I'm on weight watchers. I'll just have a bacon and brie panini for lunch, it's 15 points but I'll cut something out tomorrow'

'I'm just so naughty. Mike was having a Chinese last night and I couldn't resist a sweet and sour, spare ribs, fried rice and a banana fritter.'

Then you have to listen to the Friday moan about how none of them have lost any weight and how they are mystified as to why. Swiftly followed by the traditional Friday lunchtime supper from the chippy. Chronic.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    What makes you ask that. And you guess correct! Not big big but big enough for the 4 of us?

May I ask why?
    No sinister reason mate just followed on from my post above lol. I find guys with big diesels have a problem with quick modified cars that they perseve to be not as valuable as their own.I once had a guy in an Audi refuse to get out my way on the motorway. It turned out he never let me past because I was in a focus (I asked him in the petrol station) and he felt I would hold him up . he didn't like it when I said I had 26k of car with 4k of modifications. These cars you perseve as cheap with expensive exhausts are maybe just maybe valuable older performance cars who are certainly someone's pride and joy

Also ringpieces who think there is something weird about me on occasion going to the pub on my own to read the paper and have a beer. This is worthy of mention in attempted slaggings at least once a week. Usually the same types who think the Christmas party is the highlight of the year and plan their outfit in July.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Totally agree,, an advert got banned because a model was too skinny , you don't see loose women getting banned because they are too fat !??
    Loose women should be banned. If it was men talking in the same way, it would be.

Vegans/vegetarians who look down on you for eating meat, it's natural, get over yourself.

Cyclists in general, but more so ones who get onto trains, the self appointed most important people on the planet.

People who are offended by absolutely everything, it's became a major problem, especially since facebook has came about!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Also ringpieces who think there is something weird about me on occasion going to the pub on my own to read the paper and have a beer. This is worthy of mention in attempted slaggings at least once a week. Usually the same types who think the Christmas party is the highlight of the year and plan their outfit in July.
    Very much this, they are usually the ones with the novelty Christmas ties/socks on that are pissed after about 4 pints!

No sinister reason mate just followed on from my post above lol. I find guys with big diesels have a problem with quick modified cars that they perseve to be not as valuable as their own.I once had a guy in an Audi refuse to get out my way on the motorway. It turned out he never let me past because I was in a focus (I asked him in the petrol station) and he felt I would hold him up . he didn't like it when I said I had 26k of car with 4k of modifications. These cars you perseve as cheap with expensive exhausts are maybe just maybe valuable older performance cars who are certainly someone's pride and joy
    Family car A3 saloon but if someone wants to get by me fire away. Tbh the good lady uses it more than me. We also have a Mazda 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Family car A3 saloon but if someone wants to get by me fire away. Tbh the good lady uses it more than me. We also have a Mazda 2.
    Like I say mate wasn't meant as personal just found it funny that your post followed mine about German diesel drivers haha

Like I say mate wasn't meant as personal just found it funny that your post followed mine about German diesel drivers haha
    ;-)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    When you are running late every traffic light is against you. When you have plenty of time you sail through them all and get to your destination too early.
    Happens to me all the time.

Can't get find a parking place so you have to park a good bit away from your destination. You walk and get there just as someone drives off leaving a space right in front of the door.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Controversial one but propaganda that appears, usually on Facebook and the like, proclaiming women who are morbidly obese as projecting a 'positive body image'. I'm not talking about perfectly healthy women who are size 14, 16 etc. I saw an article the other day proclaiming a lady who was 5'3", 24 stone and a size 26 as an excellent role model for young girls. Utter nonsense, she's no more a positive role model 're body image than a size zero model with an eating disorder.
    I got shouted down by the ladies at work the other week for saying the very same thing

Reminds me of the other things I hate on Facebook, people who put up quotes from Marilyn Monroe or some reality TV star to show you how you should be living your life, my favourite one lately is live your life a quarter mile at a time!!

Also guys that send a message to each other with a X at the end, I really don't get the young team at all

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I got shouted down by the ladies at work the other week for saying the very same thing

Reminds me of the other things I hate on Facebook, people who put up quotes from Marilyn Monroe or some reality TV star to show you how you should be living your life, my favourite one lately is live your life a quarter mile at a time!!

Also guys that send a message to each other with a X at the end, I really don't get the young team at all
    Us young team get it xxx

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Whatever happened to the handshake? Every time I watch a game of football the teams before hand slapping hands in between a high 5 and a handshake. It is about respect, shake hands properly.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Maybe you both should have just exchanged ***** size and settled the argument once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Maybe you both should have just exchanged ***** size and settled the argument once and for all.
    Now now lol ,, cars are a genuine hobby of mine , nothing more nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Whatever happened to the handshake? Every time I watch a game of football the teams before hand slapping hands in between a high 5 and a handshake. It is about respect, shake hands properly.
    I agree. And there's far too much hugging going on.

It used to be the only time you'd hug a stranger was when Hibs scored. Now it happens all the time - not the scoring, the hugging.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Fist Bumping WTF!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 07-06-2015 at 11:39 AM.

People pronouncing "th" as "f" - fink, free, fousand, etc instead of think, three, thousand.

You can pronounce "the" ok so do the others correctly! I blame Eastenders.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Folk who drive around with their front fog lights on when it's not foggy; blinding everyone else cos they think it looks cool 😡

Married guys that say 'you're next' to their unmarried mates.

Guys that Dont care about football being wide when their team wins. Or maybe this is something more general that just makes someone a dick.

People that shout shooooooooot every time a defender has the ball in the opposition half

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Fist Pumping WTF!
    Is it not fist bumping? 👊😲

Cringeworthy chat from young guys these days, usually on Twitter:

'What's happening SAAAAAAAAAN?

'Oooooooosh lad'

'Coming round to mine for pres bruh?'

Even worse when people actually talk like this in real conversations. I was a total ersehole from about 16-20 but not that much of one. Shocking patter.

'Oooooooosh lad'

'

Even worse when people actually talk like this in real conversations. I was a total ersehole from about 16-20 but not that much of one. Shocking patter.
    No idea what that 3rd one means. At all.

Also, this "cheeky Nandos with the laaaaaads" phenomenon.

Not enough facepalms

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG

'Oooooooosh lad'

That winds me right up, I'm 23 but the younger crowd that come into the pub are like that.

Their selfies on Instagram and Twitter are worse, pouting and with a ridiculous comment under the photo. If I'd done that at 18 I'd have got slaughtered off my mates not 60 odd likes.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    "Literally"...**** me I hate the invalid use of that word...

Teenagers starting next to everything with "So,".
    Literally doesn't mean "literally" anymore either.

It also means "figuratively".

I'm peeved about that. Literally.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Literally doesn't mean "literally" anymore either.

It also means "figuratively".

I'm peeved about that. Literally.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Brown shoes or belt with any suit!!! It's just not done.
    Brown is the new black, dontcha know?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Folk who drive around with their front fog lights on when it's not foggy; blinding everyone else cos they think it looks cool 😡
    That's been my main pet peeve through PP's 1,2 & 3.
    I didn't mention it this time in my OP but the 4 headlights mob really do my head in.