hibs.net Messageboard

Page 288 of 429 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,640 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Multipacks of wrapped individual twirl bars. Eleven in a pack. Prime number.

Either designed for families of eleven or for me to scoff by myself then feel ashamed.
    I've been that second paragraph far too many times over lockdown.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I've been that second paragraph far too many times over lockdown.
    Time to start wearing a condom! 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Time to start wearing a condom! 🤔
    Funnily enough, I've already got 4 kids 🤣

I was desperate for a decent walk today, and bored of going to the same places all the time, so we walked around the loch at Strathclyde Country Park.

It must be... by far... the most littered of all the places I've ever visited for a day out.

The amount of takeaway cups, cans, crisp packets, beer bottles, etc, just dumped in the wooded areas and in the water was unbelievable.

There are also some picnic benches near the car parks and every one was covered with, and surrounded, by discarded booze bottles and litter from what looked like a rave up the night before.... despite the fact there were loads of empty litter bins nearby.

Seriously, what is wrong with some people that they think it's OK to just dump everything like this?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I was desperate for a decent walk today, and bored of going to the same places all the time, so we walked around the loch at Strathclyde Country Park.

It must be... by far... the most littered of all the places I've ever visited for a day out.

The amount of takeaway cups, cans, crisp packets, beer bottles, etc, just dumped in the wooded areas and in the water was unbelievable.

There are also some picnic benches near the car parks and every one was covered with, and surrounded, by discarded booze bottles and litter from what looked like a rave up the night before.... despite the fact there were loads of empty litter bins nearby.

Seriously, what is wrong with some people that they think it's OK to just dump everything like this?

What is wrong with people, that's is really disgusting and sad to hear, funnily enough we were talking about a change of scenery for a walk and we thought of Strathclyde country park, don't think I will bother now after reading that, that's the whole point of a walk is to enjoy the scenery and take in the surrounding area, not much pisses me off but people that have no respect for others and the countryside is the mind of a simpleton

Backseat driving from people that can't drive

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I always take an empties bag with me but some of the messes you come across are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I always take an empties bag with me but some of the messes you come across are ridiculous.

See, that's so simple and practical.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Times when you really can’t be arsed doing anything but the other half is in completely the opposite frame of mind.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Slow flights of 4 on the golf course. I've no problem with beginners needing 9 or 10 shots per hole, it's the 3 or 4 practice swings before taking those shots that makes me want to scream.

People driving basic cars and vans who desperately try to overtake me as I'm driving a sports car within the speed limit. This never happened in my old car.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Times when you really can’t be arsed doing anything but the other half is in completely the opposite frame of mind.
    Used to be the story of my Saturday morning when I worked full time, now it's the other way round!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    [QUOTE=matty_f;6502856]Times when you really can’t be arsed doing anything but the other half is in completely the opposite frame of mind.[/QOTE]

Me on a daily basis. It’s even worse if I’ve got a hangover because then it’s like I deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    People driving basic cars and vans who desperately try to overtake me as I'm driving a sports car within the speed limit. This never happened in my old car.
    Depends if you're 1 or 20 mph within the limit

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Depends if you're 1 or 20 mph within the limit
    I think the point was that people are reacting differently now that he's in a sports car.

Neither are flash at all, but more people overtake me if I'm driving m wife's car than my own, even though I stick to the same speed.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 22-03-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think the point was that people are reacting differently now that he's in a sports car.

Neither are flash at all, but more people overtake me if I'm driving m wife's car than my own, even though I stick to the same speed.
    My GPS tells me exactly what speed I'm going and it's amazing how many people get annoyed about being passed by an old banger they believe to be speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

He's got a point but it definitely works both ways. Our second car is a Toyota Aygo. I use the speed inhibitor and set it to the speed limit according to the satnav, the reaction from Mercedes and BMW drivers at being overtaken by an elephant's roller skate is definitely different to that when we overtake in our other car. The reaction is even more aggressive when we've got the caravan on the back. There's definitely a lot of ***** compensation going on out on the roads.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    He's got a point but it definitely works both ways. Our second car is a Toyota Aygo. I use the speed inhibitor and set it to the speed limit according to the satnav, the reaction from Mercedes and BMW drivers at being overtaken by an elephant's roller skate is definitely different to that when we overtake in our other car. The reaction is even more aggressive when we've got the caravan on the back. There's definitely a lot of ***** compensation going on out on the roads.
    I agree. Driving does something to some people.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    A few years back I bought an older Porsche Boxster (bought for £5k, sold for the same) as it was a childhood ambition to own a Porsche.

I was driving on a sunny day with the roof down and distinctly heard a teenager scream "TOSSER" loudly at me as I drove past. Dented the go that

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Companies who don't reply to or acknowledge emails.

I emailed 2 companies about a similar issue on Thursday last week. One sent an automated reply instantly acknowledging my email had been received and actually provided an answer in the template response. They followed it up with a full email explanation about 50 minutes later.

The other didn't respond at all. I followed up with a phone call this morning and was told I had to use the email contact provided. I explained I already had and was told to leave my details and someone would call or email me back but I should send an email again anyway. Needless to say I still haven't heard.

I've worked in customer facing roles pretty much all my working life and I hate poor customer service. Setting up an automated acknowledgment or even just sending a holding email if you don't have an answer is so simple but seems to be beyond some pretty big companies.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    The wee squirt of cold water when I click my showerhead round to the power setting.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Companies who don't reply to or acknowledge emails.

I emailed 2 companies about a similar issue on Thursday last week. One sent an automated reply instantly acknowledging my email had been received and actually provided an answer in the template response. They followed it up with a full email explanation about 50 minutes later.

The other didn't respond at all. I followed up with a phone call this morning and was told I had to use the email contact provided. I explained I already had and was told to leave my details and someone would call or email me back but I should send an email again anyway. Needless to say I still haven't heard.

I've worked in customer facing roles pretty much all my working life and I hate poor customer service. Setting up an automated acknowledgment or even just sending a holding email if you don't have an answer is so simple but seems to be beyond some pretty big companies.

totally agree, it’s lazy and shows what they think of their customers

on a related note, companies who advertise jobs, you get an auto-reply acknowledging the application, then nothing. Ever. Is it that hard to set up a standard template email to say ‘thanks for applying, we aren’t taking your application any further’?

I’ve applied for 30+ jobs over the last 3 months, and had a total of 4 bother to actually let me know I won’t be going any further

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I’m getting really sick of companies taking the pee when your contract with them is up, it seems that nearly all of them are at if. Got an email for my broadband and giving me a renewal price which is slightly cheaper than my current deal. Decided to leave and try one of the ones without a line rental charge, and lo and behold I’ve been offered a better price to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    I’m getting really sick of companies taking the pee when your contract with them is up, it seems that nearly all of them are at if. Got an email for my broadband and giving me a renewal price which is slightly cheaper than my current deal. Decided to leave and try one of the ones without a line rental charge, and lo and behold I’ve been offered a better price to stay.
    That does my head in as well. People must just accept it though.

I don’t understand anyone that sticks with the same company blindly without looking at other options and haggling a bit. I do it with everything. Saved £150+ on my car insurance this year, saved £5 a month on my pet insurance, £6 a month on my broadband, have a better deal on my gas and electricity. None of them are huge amounts of money in themselves but they all add up and all it takes is a few minutes research and a couple of emails or phone calls.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That does my head in as well. People must just accept it though.

I don’t understand anyone that sticks with the same company blindly without looking at other options and haggling a bit. I do it with everything. Saved £150+ on my car insurance this year, saved £5 a month on my pet insurance, £6 a month on my broadband, have a better deal on my gas and electricity. None of them are huge amounts of money in themselves but they all add up and all it takes is a few minutes research and a couple of emails or phone calls.
    I routinely change providers for these things.

There are a few reasons:

1) If the incumbent thinks it’s a good idea to penalise me for staying with them for another year and their first move is to screw me on price then I’m totally disinclined to even bother asking them to offer me a better price

2) New customer pricing tends to be the best price regardless and for many insurance products etc. there is plenty of options to get comparable cover elsewhere

3) Topcashback can be available on most of these things. Sometimes this can be pretty significant amounts. For example I got £75 cashback on a £225 insurance policy last year...the £225 was already market leading so getting a third back on that was an unbeatable deal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

There are a few reasons:

1) If the incumbent thinks it’s a good idea to penalise me for staying with them for another year and their first move is to screw me on price then I’m totally disinclined to even bother asking them to offer me a better price

2) New customer pricing tends to be the best price regardless and for many insurance products etc. there is plenty of options to get comparable cover elsewhere

3) Topcashback can be available on most of these things. Sometimes this can be pretty significant amounts. For example I got £75 cashback on a £225 insurance policy last year...the £225 was already market leading so getting a third back on that was an unbeatable deal.

That third discount is interesting: I was selling my flat and the insurance was to expire. I only needed three months' worth before selling

and the agent said that if I cancelled there would be a fee of a third of the total annual premium.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

There are a few reasons:

I usually change after they’ve tried to do me out of money, but in this case I’ve decided not to, it’s really bugging me though, but I’m still working from home and hoping to continue that at least part of the week if not all, even when allowed back to the office, and I am wary of going with another broadband provider because I’ve had no problems with my current one and I know most of my colleagues have. I’ve heard of lots of issues with other providers in my area, so sometimes it’s best to stick with what you know. The price they’ve given me matched what I would have got going elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Wilted spinach.

I'd tell it to get to f... But it already has.
    Mon the Hibs.

On Twitter when someone tweets about something topical, usually a serious subject. They then reply to their own tweet with something along the lines of 'since you are here why not check out my Herbalife/Nu Skin/Juice Plus deals'.

Using suicides, murder and abuse to promote your pyramid scheme. Classy.

Did STV (Scottish Television) really show the England game instead of the Scotland game last night? Wtf is that all about.