Results 8,431 to 8,460 of 12871

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Has anybody mentioned Germans yet?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anybody mentioned Germans yet?
    What about people who walk in the middle of the pavement?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Why, don't they like Germans?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Germans don't walk, we march.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Germans don't walk, we march.

They teach it from a very young age.

They even have kids TV movies called Märchenfilm.

They teach it from a very young age.

They even have kids TV movies called Märchenfilm.
    :stupidfacepalmsmiley:

:stupidfacepalmsmiley:

This one?

This one?

That's the one, just posted it in a way that only IT geeks could decipher.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    People who walk in the middle of pavements during a global pandemic when the vast majority are trying to keep to one side or the other. I'd have said it was a macho thing if it was just men doing it, but it's women as well. Is it their way of showing they're covid deniers, or what exactly?
    Glad I live where I do. All the people I meet give me a wide berth. BO has its benefits 😁

In all seriousness, we will step off the pavement when possible, something that was not happening during the summer when there were visitors in town. If you are facing oncoming traffic you should give way to other people on the pavement.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I'd rather there was no music at games apart from when the teams come out and at the end of games. It's often the only time I get (got) to see my pals, some of whom are in the hearing-aid denial age bracket, and conversation is impossible.
    Agree. Also why is ‘music’ being played after goals are scored at games played behind closed doors when there’s about 50 folk watching?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People who think they are being helpful but they’re not.

Whilst I was cooking tonight, my girlfriend came through and started tidying up. I had the scales out, then I went to weigh something else and it was back in the back of the cupboard. I then got some cornflour out, realised I needed a little more and then realised she had put that back too. Chopping board... in the dishwasher when I still needed to chop something.

She then moaned when I served it that it was cutting it fine for her zoom call with her pals. It would have been out 5-10 minutes earlier if she hadn’t been “helpful”!

People who say ‘north of’ instead of ‘more than’. I’ve even started doing it. Hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Whilst I was cooking tonight, my girlfriend came through and started tidying up. I had the scales out, then I went to weigh something else and it was back in the back of the cupboard. I then got some cornflour out, realised I needed a little more and then realised she had put that back too. Chopping board... in the dishwasher when I still needed to chop something.

She then moaned when I served it that it was cutting it fine for her zoom call with her pals. It would have been out 5-10 minutes earlier if she hadn’t been “helpful”!

That's not 'helping', that's called being a 'control freak'.

I believe it's quite common in members of our species with 'xx' chromosomes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

That does my head in.

My wife calls me the messy chef, despite my food being superior (she doesn't season anything: pasta water, potatoes, roast chicken) and she complains about the kitchen being a mess when I cook. Simple solution, stay out of the ****ing kitchen while I cook and let me tidy up after myself in my own time.

That does my head in.

My wife calls me the messy chef, despite my food being superior (she doesn't season anything: pasta water, potatoes, roast chicken) and she complains about the kitchen being a mess when I cook. Simple solution, stay out of the ****ing kitchen while I cook and let me tidy up after myself in my own time.

Bl**dy Women!

That does my head in.

My wife is a good cook but I'm better and she leaves me alone in the kitchen but I'm a bit messy, I do clean up after myself but never to her standards, she'll always go and clean up after me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    My wife is a good cook but I'm better and she leaves me alone in the kitchen but I'm a bit messy, I do clean up after myself but never to her standards, she'll always go and clean up after me.
    I'm the better cook and I clean up as I go.

My peeve in this regard is that when the Mrs cooks, I HAVE to help, she can't just do it herself. Well, she can, but she always has to get me involved, like she can't have me minding my own business while she's busy with it.

Conversely, I do tea (sometimes tea for 4 other people having separate things) and tidy up to let her have an hour or so to herself.

The same principle applies to tidying up, etc. If she's doing it, I can't sit without getting asked to help.

I do it, I just get on with it.

Often hear the phrase "nobody helps out in this house" as well, which is a particular peeve of mine.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

That does my head in.

Amen

I hate when my other half does try to help with tidying, cleaning, cooking etc.

I'm better at it and it just annoys me when she gets involved.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

My peeve in this regard is that when the Mrs cooks, I HAVE to help, she can't just do it herself. Well, she can, but she always has to get me involved, like she can't have me minding my own business while she's busy with it.

Conversely, I do tea (sometimes tea for 4 other people having separate things) and tidy up to let her have an hour or so to herself.

The same principle applies to tidying up, etc. If she's doing it, I can't sit without getting asked to help.

Often hear the phrase "nobody helps out in this house" as well, which is a particular peeve of mine.
    Aw **** I NEVER ask the wife for help with a job, but as soon as I do something selfish like sit down I get the “can you help” in a tone that suggests if I don’t I’ll pay for it emotionally for days.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Aw **** I NEVER ask the wife for help with a job, but as soon as I do something selfish like sit down I get the “can you help” in a tone that suggests if I don’t I’ll pay for it emotionally for days.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I hate when my other half does try to help with tidying, cleaning, cooking etc.

I'm better at it and it just annoys me when she gets involved.
    I'm crap at household chores but do what I can, but when it comes to the kitchen that's my area where I do my thing. Love cooking, am pretty good at it and like being left alone and having things to hand in my own organised chaos. Don't like when that's disrupted.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I do tidy as I go and afterwards but it's never good enough as she says I always give it a quick once over instead of a proper clean. She says it jokingly though as I do tend to do a lot around the house I was brought up by my dad after my parents got divorced and it was a case of doing things for myself from a young age. In our house I do the clothes washing, the shopping, the cooking and hoovering but never the kitchen and bathroom, as it's always a quick once over and she likes it done thoroughly, no problems with that as we've been together 31 years now and it all works perfectly.

@hibs.net private member

4 separate dinners? No chance!

As for the “no one ever helps” stuff I just make sure I always point out when I’ve done stuff so it’s fresh in the memory next time she considers it. I now get moaned at for “going on about it” but I just make sure she knows it’s as a result of her moaning.

It's quite clear from this discussion that Men are definitely the oppressed Gender*

I've been telling people that (mainly women) for years but they just laugh.

* Not sure if we're supposed to say Gender or Sex nowadays, but that's a different argument.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    My ex used to work in an eBay department called "Safe Harbour". They had some amazing software that worked well against shill bidding. If you suspect that's happening then report it. With a few clicks they can pretty much confirm if someone is at it.
    I was bidding on a pair LG SPZLS that don't come up very often at all, they seller was absolutely bidding them up they sold for £360 in the end and my top bid was £350, that was my budget. I'm fully expecting an email saying the winner hasn't paid and would you like them now? They'll get told to bolt.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I was bidding on a pair LG SPZLS that don't come up very often at all, they seller was absolutely bidding them up they sold for £360 in the end and my top bid was £350, that was my budget. I'm fully expecting an email saying the winner hasn't paid and would you like them now? They'll get told to bolt.
    Quite rightly so. Like I say, report them. EBay will then put them under the microscope and if they are being naughty then they'll get found out and binned.

It really grips my faeces when people use a TLA and wrongly assume everyone else understands.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It really grips my faeces when people use a TLA and wrongly assume everyone else understands.
    😁

Send them to Alaska