hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a wummin thing. She's not blonde, is she?
    Definitely a Parent thing, my dad would not even attempt to use an iPad despite the fact that his 3 year old neice could use it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It's not really a peave but I bought something from eBay this week and when it arrived it said on the box 'similar to as seen on TV' that's the worst marketing slogan I've ever seen.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    When you drive along a road with a 50mph limit for fifty years with no problems then some little safety twerp decides to lower the limit to forty for no apparent reason. e.g. the Forth Road Bridge.
    Ffs, we'll be driving everywhere in reverse gear soon.
    They dropped it to 40 because of the folk slowing down to look at the new crossing being built.

On a related topic though, I was heading home that way last night, two lanes of cars going 40 through the average speed camera zone, fair enough, the zone ends and the tube in the overtaking lane stays at 40, as does the tube in the inside lane. WTF?! It's a 70 road, either speed up or get out the overtaking lane.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

When you drive along a road with a 50mph limit for fifty years with no problems then some little safety twerp decides to lower the limit to forty for no apparent reason. e.g. the Forth Road Bridge.
    Ffs, we'll be driving everywhere in reverse gear soon.
    I've a road near me that was a 60 (with no accidents for years), they then improved the safety of it by putting up street lights the whole length of it and then dropped the speed limit to 40!

It's beyond comprehension.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They dropped it to 40 because of the folk slowing down to look at the new crossing being built.

On a related topic though, I was heading home that way last night, two lanes of cars going 40 through the average speed camera zone, fair enough, the zone ends and the tube in the overtaking lane stays at 40, as does the tube in the inside lane. WTF?! It's a 70 road, either speed up or get out the overtaking lane.
    Just reported 4 car accident on FR bridge. As one commenter said on the Fife's Jammers Website "How the frig can you crash on a dual carriageway going 40mph?"
    I rest my earlier case. Nae problems when it was 50mph. :

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Is the limit 40 heading north but 50 heading south? Crossed it last weekend for the first time in ages and had a feeling the limits were different depending on direction.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You dinnae like schools eh
    Not particularly the schools, more the parents I don't like.

People who think saying "Ooh Health and Safety!" is hilarious.

Folk that cheer in the pub when a glass is smashed 🙈🙈

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Folk that cheer in the pub when a glass is smashed 🙈🙈
    Folk that clap when their plane lands. Grown adults off for a booze week in ****aluf or similar usually.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk who only like one particular brand of beer/ale/whisky etc and try to look down on folk who drink something they consider inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Folk that clap when their plane lands. Grown adults off for a booze week in ****aluf or similar usually.
    Folk that don't control their children on a flight.

I'm not talking about really young kids like babies or toddlers, if they start crying there's not much anyone can do. I mean older kids who's parents just seem to turn a blind eye to their brattish behaviour. I was on a flight last year where I had to endure this boy at about 9 or 10 booting the back of my seat for the entire journey. He was standing on the seat, shouting, leaning over me to piss about with my air con button, spitting juice at what I took to be his mum next to him and both she, and father predictably in full Celtic kit, just ignored it. I felt a bit bad at first as I though it may be a mental health problem but then I noticed the family friend child acting exactly the same way across the aisle.

Ok flights are boring and sitting still for 4 or 5 hours is crap for me never mind a child but at least try.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Folk who are basically lighting their cigarette as the take the step off the bus, before their foot has touched the pavement it's lit up. Can you not wait 3 more seconds? It has to be done immediately, so I'm walking through your smoke?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I once went to the pictures uears ago, thibk it was one of the older ones I toen dominion or cameo or something like that, any way wheb tbe picture was finished everyone started to clap. I was about 6 and me, my sister and step mum were all looking round confused. And I will ad the film was babe the ******g sheep.pig, deserved booed not clapped

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I once went to the pictures uears ago, thibk it was one of the older ones I toen dominion or cameo or something like that, any way wheb tbe picture was finished everyone started to clap. I was about 6 and me, my sister and step mum were all looking round confused. And I will ad the film was babe the ******g sheep.pig, deserved booed not clapped
    'Babe the ****ing Sheep Pig' sounds like a great film. Get Tarantino on it, Samuel L Jackson as the farmer (playing Jules, after walking the earth/becoming a bum in Pulp Fiction, he tries his hand at sheep farming, little does he know that one cheeky little scamp of a pig, with a sheep fetish and tourettes, would change his life forever) I'd have Jemaine Clement voicing the pig. That's got classic written all over it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    'Babe the ****ing Sheep Pig' sounds like a great film. Get Tarantino on it, Samuel L Jackson as the farmer (playing Jules, after walking the earth/becoming a bum in Pulp Fiction, he tries his hand at sheep farming, little does he know that one cheeky little scamp of a pig, with a sheep fetish and tourettes, would change his life forever) I'd have Jemaine Clement voicing the pig. That's got classic written all over it.
    Haha maybe its me who has touretts, I never even realised what contexr that sounded. ....bur I would pay good money to see Samuel L play a farner hunting sheep ****in pigs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Hmmm, a sheep/pig cross breed, that would be a tasty burger!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Is the limit 40 heading north but 50 heading south? Crossed it last weekend for the first time in ages and had a feeling the limits were different depending on direction.
    Yeah, 50mph southbound, 40 coming north.

I've not made up my mind if I admire or hate the average speed camera mavericks who just don't care about them and speed up the outside lane regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, 50mph southbound, 40 coming north.

I've not made up my mind if I admire or hate the average speed camera mavericks who just don't care about them and speed up the outside lane regardless.
    Risk takers. I thought the speed camera averaged your speed from start to finish but apparently it's random cameras on the stretch that check your speed - not start to end.

Having said that has anyone ever been flashed in an average speed area? Maybe they're a prevention tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Judging by the movie title, it sounds like you may have been taken to the Jacey
    Last edited by snooky; 10-09-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Aye, noticed that last night. I guess southbound travellers don't look at the new bridge construction.
    The 50/40 is even dafter than making it 40mph both ways.

To add to the silliness, the traffic management clowns have a 50mph restriction on the M74 between Baillieston & Rutherglen.
    Nothing being done at the Rutherglen end for 5 or 6 miles so why not leave it at 70? Naw, that wid be too sensible.

Testimonial Due
    Think I'm going to explode when the 20 mph limit comes in to effect. That's just taking the piss imho.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Think I'm going to explode when the 20 mph limit comes in to effect. That's just taking the piss imho.
    Here's another numpty decision.
    There's a trial period on the A9. HGV's are restricted to 50mph. (Everybody else can still drive up to 60mph).
    What's happening? Miles of frustrated drivers stuck behind HGV's and looking for the first opportunity to overtake.
    "Frustrated" is the key word here. Has the Traffic Department any common sense at all?

Here's another numpty decision.
    There's a trial period on the A9. HGV's are restricted to 50mph. (Everybody else can still drive up to 60mph).
    What's happening? Miles of frustrated drivers stuck behind HGV's and looking for the first opportunity to overtake.
    "Frustrated" is the key word here. Has the Traffic Department any common sense at all?

They actually increased the long standing limits for HGV vehicles last year. Previously it was 40 for single carriageways and 50 for dual carriageways. Now it's 10 mph faster for both.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They actually increased the long standing limits for HGV vehicles last year. Previously it was 40 for single carriageways and 50 for dual carriageways. Now it's 10 mph faster for both.
    I stand corrected.

The average speed cameras on the forth bridge have signs saying "cameras under test" on them, so I'm not sure anyone will be getting tickets issued.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    The average speed cameras on the forth bridge have signs saying "cameras under test" on them, so I'm not sure anyone will be getting tickets issued.
    ****! They're using them on trains now?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Risk takers. I thought the speed camera averaged your speed from start to finish but apparently it's random cameras on the stretch that check your speed - not start to end.

Having said that has anyone ever been flashed in an average speed area? Maybe they're a prevention tool?
    They measure the time from camera to camera, using number playe recognition cameras, apparently. Nobody would get flashed by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    ****! They're using them on trains now?
    They probably would if they could get away with it.

Men that call females wummin !