hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who think the parking space outside their house on a public highway belongs to them.
    Agree however people who leave their car at someone else's door for extended periods of time are just inconsiderate to55ers. It's happened to me twice - both times cars left at my door for two months without moving. Grrrrrrrrrrr

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    People who think the parking space outside their house on a public highway belongs to them.
    About 5 years ago I was working up at Liberton and I used to drive up every day and park my car next to where I was picking up the taxi. The street was absolutely deserted but one day when I was finished and getting back into my car an old woman who must have been in her 90s came out and told me not to park outside her house as her son came every day with a big 7 seater. I looked up and down at the empty street and turned to her to point out how ridiculous she was being, but I saw an old woman who was clearly exasperated by the whole situation so I just said ok I'll park somewhere else. When I told the old guy who I was driving for at the time he said she didn't even have a son.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    About 5 years ago I was working up at Liberton and I used to drive up every day and park my car next to where I was picking up the taxi. The street was absolutely deserted but one day when I was finished and getting back into my car an old woman who must have been in her 90s came out and told me not to park outside her house as her son came every day with a big 7 seater. I looked up and down at the empty street and turned to her to point out how ridiculous she was being, but I saw an old woman who was clearly exasperated by the whole situation so I just said ok I'll park somewhere else. When I told the old guy who I was driving for at the time he said she didn't even have a son.
    Thats funny! :-)

I must admit I was in a pub in Peebles last night watching the Scotland game and some female stole my seat from in front of the big screen when there were no other seats available, to my eternal shame I told her I was going blind and couldnae see the screen from further back! :)
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 05-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Thats funny! :-)

I must admit I was in a pub in Peebles last night watching the Scotland game and some female stole my seat from in front of the big screen when there were no other seats available, to my eternal shame I told her I was going blind and couldnae see the screen from further back! :)
    Shame on you.

United we stand here....

It was actually the German game but, still a wee bit out of order. :-)

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    A guy at the top of my street has 4 traffic cones that he always has out on the road along his front wall. Cheeky git! He's got a garage too, just doesn't want anyone else parking outside his house. Can't believe the police have never been round to ask for them back.

People who don't seem to understand the concept of value in the bookies. Guy today had a horse that finished miles unplaced but didn't mind because it was 14/1 so he 'got a bit value'. How did you get value? You put a fiver on each way, it lost so you lost a tenner.

People don't seem to get that big odds don't always represent value and a bet at evens or even odds on can represent value.

Also when people talk about bets and say 'Chelsea lost me £500'. Did you bet £500 on Chelsea to win? 'No it was part of a £5 accumulator'. Ah so you lost a fiver? 'No I lost £500.' No you missed out on winning £500, you only lost a fiver of your own money.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    A guy at the top of my street has 4 traffic cones that he always has out on the road along his front wall. Cheeky git! He's got a garage too, just doesn't want anyone else parking outside his house. Can't believe the police have never been round to ask for them back.
    I wouldn't be able to resist moving them and parking in front of his house.

@hibs.net private member
    Same here - he's setting a target that I'd definitely be aiming for.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Same here - he's setting a target that I'd definitely be aiming for.
    I'd be tempted to buy a rust bucket just for that purpose.

Folk standing queuing at a gate half an hour before it opens, pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Also when people talk about bets and say 'Chelsea lost me £500'. Did you bet £500 on Chelsea to win? 'No it was part of a £5 accumulator'. Ah so you lost a fiver? 'No I lost £500.' No you missed out on winning £500, you only lost a fiver of your own money.
    In the eyes of the law, loss of opportunity is still loss.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Seems the Danish agree with you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34153628

Yeah me too . police cones must be used alongside a council order on an adjacent lampost etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Depends on what you are queuing for surely?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Agree however people who leave their car at someone else's door for extended periods of time are just inconsiderate to55ers. It's happened to me twice - both times cars left at my door for two months without moving. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I agree with the points outside on a public road doesnt mean its your space....but... im in the process of moving house so doing a bit decorating etc the passed few weeks iv been living in the house on and off and the guy across the street (who has a driveway) parks his massive bright orange dinorod van directly in front of my window so close that when the sun shines my freshly decorated front room has a very bright orange shine to it, ive tried ignoring it but between that and the mrs banging on im nearing my wits end, the fact the boy came out and moved his van up a few yards the other day when i nipped to the shops nearly made me snap.....hes got a drive put the hidious thing in there and park the car in front of my house no problem caused.....probably doesnt want a glow in his front room tho

Depends on what you are queuing for surely?
    You're right, should've said airport.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    People who stand right at the school gates blocking it off for everyone else when they've got a huge playground to stand in!

@hibs.net private member
    Mum's in big fancy cars that "park" at schools and block the road for everyday users and don't realise they're doing nothing wrong. Even if pointed out to them they think they're ok "cos there's no yellow lines on the road".

Common sense and courtesy doesn't come into it.

Walk ya lazy bitch or put your kids into a school that's closer to your house.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk that live their life round the kids school, even moving house to get a place.

All schools cook the books to make their stats better - if the headmaster wants a promotion it's in his interest to do so. Some schools are just better than others at getting the data "correct".

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Mum's in big fancy cars that "park" at schools and block the road for everyday users and don't realise they're doing nothing wrong. Even if pointed out to them they think they're ok "cos there's no yellow lines on the road".

It's not just mums!

If they don't realise they are doing nothing wrong does that matter? ;-)

Paying for cup games because I never gambled on the CTU.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It's not just mums!
    It is.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    If they don't realise they are doing nothing wrong does that matter? ;-)
    I've confused myself!

Technology that is so far advanced yet it can't make operations simple & easy for non-anoraks like myself.

Plus the constant need to change everything when a new version of a programme comes out when all that's required are simple refinements.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Technology that is so far advanced yet it can't make operations simple & easy for non-anoraks like myself.

Plus the constant need to change everything when a new version of a programme comes out when all that's required are simple refinements.
    On the flipside of the above, the habit of my dearest Mother to, when faced with the most minor of technological "challenges" - we're talking, turning the TV over to the DVD input, connecting a wireless radio to the home wi-fi etc - to throw her hands up as if she's in her nineties and go "oh I don't understand this technology stuff me" despite having a smartphone, a PhD and spent at least the latter part of her career in the modern office setting.

I assume it's a parental thing.

Folk that live their life round the kids school, even moving house to get a place.

All schools cook the books to make their stats better - if the headmaster wants a promotion it's in his interest to do so. Some schools are just better than others at getting the data "correct".
    You dinnae like schools eh

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    On the flipside of the above, the habit of my dearest Mother to, when faced with the most minor of technological "challenges" - we're talking, turning the TV over to the DVD input, connecting a wireless radio to the home wi-fi etc - to throw her hands up as if she's in her nineties and go "oh I don't understand this technology stuff me" despite having a smartphone, a PhD and spent at least the latter part of her career in the modern office setting.

I assume it's a parental thing.
    It's a wummin thing. She's not blonde, is she?

When you drive along a road with a 50mph limit for fifty years with no problems then some little safety twerp decides to lower the limit to forty for no apparent reason. e.g. the Forth Road Bridge.
    Ffs, we'll be driving everywhere in reverse gear soon.