hibs.net Messageboard

Page 257 of 429 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 12848

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer to dress differently rather than like a fashion clone.
    A woman goes to any event and sees someone wearing the same dress or outfit and is horrified and would go home to change. A bloke wears the same as everyone else and thinks it’s cool!
    How differently though?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    How differently though?

Yeah something similar.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    How differently though?

Normal office attire for me. In the winter I might wear socks that come past the knee.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Normal office attire for me. In the winter I might wear socks that come past the knee.
    Surely only one sock past the knee? Two would just look weird, you’d stand out like a sore thumb.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Surely only one sock past the knee? Two would just look weird, you’d stand out like a sore thumb.
    Good poimt, well put.

Should I show to the left or the right? My natural tendency with my lounge pants is to alternate depending on my mood. Dressing formal obviously introduces a different criteria.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Good poimt, well put.

Should I show to the left or the right? My natural tendency with my lounge pants is to alternate depending on my mood. Dressing formal obviously introduces a different criteria.
    For the avoidance of doubt, I was only meaning rolling one of my lounge pant legs up to the knee, there is something deeply satisfying about it

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I got a Papa Johns pizza delivery tonight, I prefer their pizzas to dominoes or Pizza Hut. But...the garlic dip from Papa Johns is an absolute farce. Tastes like melted cheap margarine with a hint of garlic. Absolutely boggin.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I got a Papa Johns pizza delivery tonight, I prefer their pizzas to dominoes or Pizza Hut. But...the garlic dip from Papa Johns is an absolute farce. Tastes like melted cheap margarine with a hint of garlic. Absolutely boggin.
    Yea I tried it for the first time last week, I had three tubs, I actually thought the first one I opened had turned due to being exposed to extreme heat or similar so tossed it in the bin, opened the other two and they were the same so wondered if they were off or just a lousy dip. I think you have confirmed it for me, it’s a crap garlic dip.

The special garlic dip you get with the pizza is rank. The garlic and herb you can buy separately is very decent though.

I used to do deliveries for Papa Johns a while back and there was usually a free pizza or 3 if you wanted it. The sausage, peperroni and parmesan was immense with the garlic and herb and honey and mustard dips.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The special garlic dip you get with the pizza is rank. The garlic and herb you can buy separately is very decent though.

I used to do deliveries for Papa Johns a while back and there was usually a free pizza or 3 if you wanted it. The sausage, peperroni and parmesan was immense with the garlic and herb and honey and mustard dips.
    I’ll try the garlic and herb next time then

I’ll try the garlic and herb next time then
    Don't pay for it, just put a note asking them to sub it for the special garlic and they will do it. Obviously if you want more than one then you'll have to pay for the extra.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    People who don't delete emails, I just went to set my folks up with zoom so they could chat with their pals, when I went into their email account to activate it there were 17,600 emails

Trolleys. It’s likely just me, but every single time I go to the supermarket I manage to pick a trolley that makes the most horrendous racket. The thing is, they all rattle when you get them from the trolley park so you don’t know it’s going to be an attention drawing noise machine until you get it on to the smooth surface of the supermarket floor, and by that time it’s too late to go back and change it, and what’s the point? I’ll only just grab another one that’s probably worse!!

This has blighted me for years, and a few years ago I decided to keep a running count of how many times I picked a duff trolley. Reading that back makes me sound absolutely mental, but this is what it’s reduced me to!!! The last time I had a trolley that didn’t sound like it was going to fall apart was around Xmas time 2018!!! there must be a way to monetise this, I should offer my skill to all the supermarkets.......’Duff Trolley Finder’, £20 an hour.

I need a drink after that, I’m away to get trollied

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    People who don't delete emails, I just went to set my folks up with zoom so they could chat with their pals, when I went into their email account to activate it there were 17,600 emails
    I thought it was just me 😃. I have zero emails in my inbox at the end of each day. All dealt with and filed away in appropriate folders. Sent mails similarly.

What’s so hard about it 😃.

People who send an email to my works email, receive my out of office which tells them I am furloughed and not working and then immediately phone my mobile number to speak to me about the same subject they were emailing me about, often leaving a voicemail asking me to call them! WTF I am not working.

People who send an email to my works email, receive my out of office which tells them I am furloughed and not working and then immediately phone my mobile number to speak to me about the same subject they were emailing me about, often leaving a voicemail asking me to call them! WTF I am not working.
    On something of the flip side of that:

I'm back at work and dealing with other people's accounts as well as my own.

'Can I speak to X please?'
    'I'm afraid she is currently furloughed but I can help'
    'I usually deal with X though'
    'Yes I understand, she is furloughed though so unfortunately can't help at the moment. What is it you are looking for?'
    'Can you get a message to X?'
    'Unfortunately not, she is currently furloughed so can't do any work for us'
    'Oh right, I'll try her on her mobile then'

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Trolleys. It’s likely just me, but every single time I go to the supermarket I manage to pick a trolley that makes the most horrendous racket. The thing is, they all rattle when you get them from the trolley park so you don’t know it’s going to be an attention drawing noise machine until you get it on to the smooth surface of the supermarket floor, and by that time it’s too late to go back and change it, and what’s the point? I’ll only just grab another one that’s probably worse!!

This has blighted me for years, and a few years ago I decided to keep a running count of how many times I picked a duff trolley. Reading that back makes me sound absolutely mental, but this is what it’s reduced me to!!! The last time I had a trolley that didn’t sound like it was going to fall apart was around Xmas time 2018!!! there must be a way to monetise this, I should offer my skill to all the supermarkets.......’Duff Trolley Finder’, £20 an hour.

I need a drink after that, I’m away to get trollied

Happens to me regularly. I always try to take a basket when there's not too much on the list then when I actually read it and start packing the things into it I'm staggering around Tesco clutching desperately on to the basket with both hands, praying that there's not something at the other end of the shop that I've forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    On something of the flip side of that:

I'm back at work and dealing with other people's accounts as well as my own.

'Can I speak to X please?'
    'I'm afraid she is currently furloughed but I can help'
    'I usually deal with X though'
    'Yes I understand, she is furloughed though so unfortunately can't help at the moment. What is it you are looking for?'
    'Can you get a message to X?'
    'Unfortunately not, she is currently furloughed so can't do any work for us'
    'Oh right, I'll try her on her mobile then'
    Crazy eh?

I’ve added on furlough leave to my LinkedIn profile as the number of people trying to connect to sell me PPE/Perspex Screens and offer me back to business solutions for restaurants is unreal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

Happens to me regularly. I always try to take a basket when there's not too much on the list then when I actually read it and start packing the things into it I'm staggering around Tesco clutching desperately on to the basket with both hands, praying that there's not something at the other end of the shop that I've forgotten
    Forgetting an item is my pet peeve. Totally my own fault as well, but the amount of times I've done what you describe there, or get just past the point of no return at the checkout, only to remember that I've not picked something up, is unreal.

That point of no return is also the exact moment my wife is somehow alerted to send me a text to pick something up as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Forgetting an item is my pet peeve. Totally my own fault as well, but the amount of times I've done what you describe there, or get just past the point of no return at the checkout, only to remember that I've not picked something up, is unreal.

That point of no return is also the exact moment my wife is somehow alerted to send me a text to pick something up as well.
    This can be avoided by listing. I am a compulsive lister. My downfall is being distracted by two for one offers and the like.

This can be avoided by listing. I am a compulsive lister. My downfall is being distracted by two for one offers and the like.
    The only way to avoid being tempted by offers in a supermarket and strategically placed products is to do your supermarket shop online.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I have a list, what usually happens is i'll know what's on the list and have my route round the shop planned out roughly (pre-lockdown, I'd be in Tesco every day, so would know the quickest way round to get what I need).

Then if I see someone I know but can't be bothered stopping to speak to (this happens a lot), I'll have to alter my route, and that is when I miss things.

That's my theory, anyway.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I have a list, what usually happens is i'll know what's on the list and have my route round the shop planned out roughly (pre-lockdown, I'd be in Tesco every day, so would know the quickest way round to get what I need).

Then if I see someone I know but can't be bothered stopping to speak to (this happens a lot), I'll have to alter my route, and that is when I miss things.

That's my theory, anyway.
    You're moaning? - Just think how many people you're affecting for the same reason!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You're moaning? - Just think how many people you're affecting for the same reason!
    I'm doing them a favour by dodging them!

The only way to avoid being tempted by offers in a supermarket and strategically placed products is to do your supermarket shop online.
    Undoubtedly true but I like the whole process. Even returning the trolley to the trolley bay after loading the car. And yes, I know that makes me a weirdo.

Undoubtedly true but I like the whole process. Even returning the trolley to the trolley bay after loading the car. And yes, I know that makes me a weirdo.
    Oh I’m with you on that, I enjoy my supermarket trip and always fall prey to offers and new products 😁

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Probably just a German thing but cyclists who drive on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path running parallel to the road. There are 2 kinds of cycle paths over here, ones that are compulsory for cyclists to use and non compulsory ones.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It’s Livingston not Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Probably just a German thing but cyclists who drive on the road when there's a perfectly good cycle path running parallel to the road. There are 2 kinds of cycle paths over here, ones that are compulsory for cyclists to use and non compulsory ones.
    Definitely not just a German thing.

2 in Edinburgh that annoy me are the cycle path in Holyrood Park. I always seem to get stuck behind someone puffing up the hill at 2mph all of 5 yards away from the cycle path. Also at Seafield the pavement is a designated cycle path but you still get people using the road on what is a pretty hefty incline.

Particularly in the case of the former pedestrians have to take some of the blame though. The cycle path and path for walking are clearly defined but some seem to walk wherever they fancy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    It’s Livingston not Livingstone
    You presume.