hibs.net Messageboard

Page 252 of 429 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,560 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m with you on this I unload my trolley onto belt accordingly too so the stuff comes in order the way I want it packed 😁
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Snap!

My only problem here is that I've packed my basket in a similar way where possible with heavy goods at the bottom.

So I end up loading my lighter goods first and trying to get the heavier ones infront of them while the belt edges down away from me.

It'll be a challenge on the cube one day.

hahaha I’m glad it’s not just me 😂

I put milk, cleaning stuff, washing up liquid and any similar type containers up first, I have a couple of bags on the go and put them at either end of bags and build up stuff in between. I like to keep similar type boxes, plastic trays etc that stack well together and build my bag accordingly, bread always last, I hate crushed bread! 😁
    completely agree, 11 years together, 8 married, and still trying to educate my wife on what items need to come first, which items go together because they stack well, and bread always always last

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    hahaha I’m glad it’s not just me 😂

completely agree, 11 years together, 8 married, and still trying to educate my wife on what items need to come first, which items go together because they stack well, and bread always always last
    Don’t get me started on unloading the shopping and packing the fridge properly 😂

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Don’t get me started on unloading the shopping and packing the fridge properly 😂
    Both are 'men jobs'

At the supermarket my wife goes and looks at the magazines while I'm at the checkout, only way we have survived 40 years.

Freezer drawers are a mess if my wife puts something in, I usually rearrange and get twice as much in.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    So does nobody think starting every answer with "well" is weird?
    It’s just a technique or habit that some have to allow themselves to think of the answer they want to give.

It’s a bit like when people umm or ahh in the middle of saying something.

It’s quite a normal human trait to make some sort of noise to fill the silence while their brain catches up.

Obviously there are others that clearly have gobs that work completely independently of their brain but I suppose that’s a different peeve all together!!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It’s just a technique or habit that some have to allow themselves to think of the answer they want to give.

It’s a bit like when people umm or ahh in the middle of saying something.

It’s quite a normal human trait to make some sort of noise to fill the silence while their brain catches up.

Obviously there are others that clearly have gobs that work completely independently of their brain but I suppose that’s a different peeve all together!!
    Madeleine Allbright on Newsnight tonight answering almost every single question with "Well ...".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Madeleine Allbright on Newsnight tonight answering almost every single question with "Well ...".
    Yes thats my point. It seems to be relatively new and now very common, and it certainly never used to be.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    This recent craze of putting capital letters into words. I don’t know what it means so I don’t like it.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This recent craze of putting capital letters into words. I don’t know what it means so I don’t like it.
    YoU MeAn LiKe ThIs? (WoRkS bEtTeR wItH bIgGeR wOrdS)

It's meant to depict someone else as being stupid I believe, which is rather ironic as that's the label I tar anyone with who uses it.

That was the first time I've ever done it actually, and it was oddly satisfying hitting the shift key on alternate letters...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Yes thats my point. It seems to be relatively new and now very common, and it certainly never used to be.
    Never noticed it before, never bothered me ... until you pointed it out!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

It's meant to depict someone else as being stupid I believe, which is rather ironic as that's the label I tar anyone with who uses it.

That was the first time I've ever done it actually, and it was oddly satisfying hitting the shift key on alternate letters...
    It's from SpongeBob (Square pants) I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I used to go shopping with my granny on a Friday afternoon and she was a nightmare about how the trolley was loaded, how the checkout belt was loaded, how the bags were packed and then how the bags were put in the car boot. She was a lovely person and everyone liked her but absolutely no one wanted to take her shopping.

Now I go my own shopping I am exactly the same. I do the weekly shop alone because there is always a fight if the trolley and packing isn't done exactly as I would do them.
    I'd make it a sackable offence for online delivery order pickers to do things like putting a case of Coke on top of crisps or cleaning products in the same bag as my spring onions.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation, I still hate it

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, I still hate it
    You're right for doing so.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Heavy typers. I’m probably just tired and particularly grumpy this morning after my daughter was testing her boundaries, but my wife is working just now and she sounds like a caveman banging at a keyboard!

"And next up is Tracy from Carlisle, hello Tracy?

"Oh hello, how are yaow?

"We're fine thanks, what's your point?

"Thanks for having me on. Soooo,I'm a nail technician etc etc"

@hibs.net private member
    Threads that turn into puns. Not sure if it was ever funny but now the novelty’s worn off they’re just tedious.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    When an organisation gives people the option not to pay, the people that come on and say “you’ll still get my money....”

I know the intentions are probably good but there’s bound to be people that can’t afford to keep paying, to me the unnecessary boasting is just going to make other people who maybe can’t afford to keep paying feel ****.

If you can afford to keep paying , good for you, there’s no need to tell the world though, just get on with it. (This was actually a gripe about my boys football club, not Hibs, although I have seen it a lot over the last 24 hours)

@hibs.net private member
    Sky tv. They let you add channels easily, get the bill wrong and then make you phone them to remove.

'Facebook keep deleting this.... ' - No they don't

'Bill Gates doesn't want you to see this so he keeps having it removed' - No he doesn't
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Facebook keep deleting this.... ' - No they don't

'Bill Gates doesn't want you to see this so he keeps having it removed' - No he doesn't
    Just read this absolute nonsense on an acquaintance’s page. Have you ever heard such nonsense.

*POLICE BULLETIN*
    *Warning!!!*

People are going door to door handing out masks, they say it’s a new initiative from local government. They will always ask you to please put it on to see if it fits you. It has been doused with chemicals which knocks you out cold and once you're knocked out they proceed to rob you. *Please do not accept masks from strangers.* Remember, we are living in critical times and people are desperate to take advantage with the aim of making money. Crime rate has skyrocketed, so please be cautious and play safe!

Please send to all your friends, colleagues and loved ones so as to help them stay vigilant in this adverse situation.

*Remember, sharing is caring!*

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Just read this absolute nonsense on an acquaintance’s page. Have you ever heard such nonsense.

*POLICE BULLETIN*
    *Warning!!!*

People are going door to door handing out masks, they say it’s a new initiative from local government. They will always ask you to please put it on to see if it fits you. It has been doused with chemicals which knocks you out cold and once you're knocked out they proceed to rob you. *Please do not accept masks from strangers.* Remember, we are living in critical times and people are desperate to take advantage with the aim of making money. Crime rate has skyrocketed, so please be cautious and play safe!

Please send to all your friends, colleagues and loved ones so as to help them stay vigilant in this adverse situation.

😂😂 That’s a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post

*POLICE BULLETIN*
    *Warning!!!*

Brilliant.

The only thing missing is describing them as 'Eastern European looking'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

In a mountain of stupid language at Westminster briefings, "game changer". Public health isn't a game.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Sharon on Facebook making comments like:

"If I remember correctly Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule composed of two polynucleotide chains that coil around each other to form a double helix carrying genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth and reproduction of all known organisms and many viruses. DNA and ribonucleic acid are nucleic acids".

Eh no Sharon, you didn't remember correctly, you ****ing googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Sharon on Facebook making comments like:

"If I remember correctly Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule composed of two polynucleotide chains that coil around each other to form a double helix carrying genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth and reproduction of all known organisms and many viruses. DNA and ribonucleic acid are nucleic acids".

Eh no Sharon, you didn't remember correctly, you ****ing googled it.

Anyone who claims they're posting from memory are just too lazy to Google what they're about to say. I think that's what Ghandi said anyway.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Laundry. Every aspect of laundry is a pain in the hoop. The only remotely easy aspect of it is ironing, which I find cathartic. The rest can **** off.

Charity adverts asking for donations on TV, there seems to be an ever increasing amount of them.
    So far this morning £2 a month for
    Kittens
    Caged animals for the tourist selfie trade
    Tigers
    Lions
    Every day I see at least half a dozen adverts ranging from £2 to £5 a month for every imaginable cause. Seems like a massive con to me.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Charity adverts asking for donations on TV, there seems to be an ever increasing amount of them.
    So far this morning £2 a month for
    Kittens
    Caged animals for the tourist selfie trade
    Tigers
    Lions
    Every day I see at least half a dozen adverts ranging from £2 to £5 a month for every imaginable cause. Seems like a massive con to me.
    I watch Salvage Hunters on Quest and every ad break has the same advert for Erectile Dysfunction . It's a long awkward advert while sitting there watching with the bairns .

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Laundry. Every aspect of laundry is a pain in the hoop. The only remotely easy aspect of it is ironing, which I find cathartic. The rest can **** off.
    You should get a washing machine like mine.
    I put in a load and it magically empties , irons and hangs everything up.
    Im not sure what my wife moans for.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    You should get a washing machine like mine.
    I put in a load and it magically empties , irons and hangs everything up.
    Im not sure what my wife moans for.
    I have one of them too!

It was a massively expensive investment but still going strong 28 years later! Though it does cost for regular expensive maintenance 😁