hibs.net Messageboard

Page 241 of 429 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,230 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I genuinely take no notice of dates on many things and particularly on herbs and spices.
    I agree that they're fine for a long time after their date, found a couple of 2017 dates though.
    I'm not that brave 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Still fine no doubt.
    It won’t be long until it lets me know.

Sell by dates are a lot of absolute ****.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    It's either the filters or cameras they use and this is hard to describe but every netflix originals film or tv show has the same filming style of a soap opera, it's getting so bad that I'm becoming unable to watch it

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    It's either the filters or cameras they use and this is hard to describe but every netflix originals film or tv show has the same filming style of a soap opera, it's getting so bad that I'm becoming unable to watch it
    Does switching your TV picture to Movie help at all? I've just got a new TV and it's driving us crazy trying to get the picture perfect, it's either too dark, too bright or too blurred.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Does switching your TV picture to Movie help at all? I've just got a new TV and it's driving us crazy trying to get the picture perfect, it's either too dark, too bright or too blurred.
    I've tried it all, it's only Netflix own shows that seem to have this certain filming style, if I watch something on Netflix that isn't by them then it's fine, same with Amazon, sky etc

You should try rtings.com they usually have the best settings for any tv and a step by step guide

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I've tried it all, it's only Netflix own shows that seem to have this certain filming style, if I watch something on Netflix that isn't by them then it's fine, same with Amazon, sky etc

You should try rtings.com they usually have the best settings for any tv and a step by step guide
    Cheers, done that, got a full review and recommended settings but hopeless. Tried everything.....it's an LG so might return it and get a Samsung.

Edit: All sorted now by non-stop tweaking
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 12-01-2020 at 06:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    All films are shot in video. The film 'look' is a post production filter. I rhink the tv setting is important. Watched a couple of films in Canada that had the same look you describe. Tested it at home and it looks like a film.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Planning a wedding.

I got engaged in December and we have set a date for 10th April next year. We are both pretty relaxed about things and are agreed we want something simple, personal and 'classic'. We have a budget and aren't willing to bankrupt ourselves for the sake of one day.

We spoke to our local Priest and have the church booked with minimal fuss, a couple of administrative things to sort but that was easy. From there it's just been a masterclass in bad upselling. I absolutely get that functions managers are there to sell but **** me. I had a guy yesterday tell me a candy ferris wheel was 'pretty much a neccesssity these days'. No it isn't. A marriage license is a neccesssity, A candy ferris wheel is an unnecessary extra and a tacky one at that. We have our own idea for centrepieces so I don't need to pay you £150 for 5 'fishbowls with LED lights'. The biggest thing they all seem to be missing is that we are actually willing to upgrade where we want to. As an example one package we saw included a glass of prosecco on arrival, whilst I was trying to ask how much to upgrade to champagne and have more than one glass plus beer available for those who wanted it the guy was banging on about a wedding car I had no interest in. In trying to sell me something I didn't want for £300 he lost an upgrade that would have been worth double that. A salesman who doesn't listen is a bad salesman.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Planning a wedding.

I got engaged in December and we have set a date for 10th April next year. We are both pretty relaxed about things and are agreed we want something simple, personal and 'classic'. We have a budget and aren't willing to bankrupt ourselves for the sake of one day.

We spoke to our local Priest and have the church booked with minimal fuss, a couple of administrative things to sort but that was easy. From there it's just been a masterclass in bad upselling. I absolutely get that functions managers are there to sell but **** me. I had a guy yesterday tell me a candy ferris wheel was 'pretty much a neccesssity these days'. No it isn't. A marriage license is a neccesssity, A candy ferris wheel is an unnecessary extra and a tacky one at that. We have our own idea for centrepieces so I don't need to pay you £150 for 5 'fishbowls with LED lights'. The biggest thing they all seem to be missing is that we are actually willing to upgrade where we want to. As an example one package we saw included a glass of prosecco on arrival, whilst I was trying to ask how much to upgrade to champagne and have more than one glass plus beer available for those who wanted it the guy was banging on about a wedding car I had no interest in. In trying to sell me something I didn't want for £300 he lost an upgrade that would have been worth double that. A salesman who doesn't listen is a bad salesman.
    Yep. When me and my ex were getting married we had some interesting up sell attempts. When we booked our venue it was family run but it then got outsourced between booking and the wedding. We were allowed to choose a caterer from a list provided by the venue. We ruled out one company on the basis the guy who ran the company was a total arse. He insisted that a “groom’s reception” was a necessity and happened at nearly every wedding. He didn’t like our challenge that none of us had ever heard of one. Turns out it is a drinks reception before the ceremony. He really didn’t like it when we pointed out that it sounded like an excuse for them to make more money out of us and that we would rather the guests weren’t pished beforehand.

Unfortunately, this ended up being the company the venue outsourced their operation to so we had deal with this guy from then on in. He really didn’t like us.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Couples that cross the road at very busy crossings whilst holding hands. You then end up heading straight for the middle of them and they never get out the way.

Journalists that know a camera is running and shout out a ridiculous question that said politician, royal or famous person will never stop and answer. Pointless and probably a bit of an ego trip for the journo.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby bairn View Post
    journalists that know a camera is running and shout out a ridiculous question that said politician, royal or famous person will never stop and answer. Pointless and probably a bit of an ego trip for the journo.
    Are you going to resign minister?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It won’t be long until it lets me know.

Sell by dates are a lot of absolute ****.
    Found a jar of pesto int he cupboard with a best before June 2018, used it last night and it was fine.

My immediate boss yesterday put in an e-mail "Happy to discuss fishhooks". Eh? Radge.

Are you going to resign minister?!
    Exactly.

There was one during the week with Prince Harry.

“How are talks going between you and the Queen, Harry?”

Just as we was walking away. As if he is going to stop...about turn and come over and answer her question.

Does my nut in.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Exactly.

There was one during the week with Prince Harry.

“How are talks going between you and the Queen, Harry?”

Just as we was walking away. As if he is going to stop...about turn and come over and answer her question.

Does my nut in.
    But that's what makes the news. It's the press in the UK that designates the agenda and this is exactly how they do it.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Laces made with a silicon finish. Walk about all day in the house and then need to re-tie every other minute when walking outdoors

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The fact that someone, somewhere, has convinced several thousand young females that it is attractive to have your lips injected and blown-up to look like shiny sausages.

These growingly common phrases on social media:

"things you love to see"

"limbs everywhere"

"Which one you taking?"

"Absolute scenes"

"living rent free.." in people's heads.

The woman with the nippy voice at work that never shuts the **** up and never says anything of interest or significance. I can hear her as I type.

The expression "chronic patter".

Mondays in work.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    The fact that someone, somewhere, has convinced several thousand young females that it is attractive to have your lips injected and blown-up to look like shiny sausages.

These growingly common phrases on social media:

"things you love to see"

"limbs everywhere"

"Which one you taking?"

"Absolute scenes"

"living rent free.." in people's heads.

The woman with the nippy voice at work that never shuts the **** up and never says anything of interest or significance. I can hear her as I type.

The expression "chronic patter".

Mondays in work.
    Having a good day? 😀😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Having a good day? 😀😂
    I did expect this sort of response but didn’t stop me ranting at the time 😂

Less peeved now I’m on the train hame 👍

People who, when asked a question, start off with "So".
    It's happening more and more.
    It's not clever and it's not funny.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    All the "spaces" that luvvy designers want to be creative with....ffs, they are ROOMS!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    People who, when asked a question, start off with "So".
    It's happening more and more.
    It's not clever and it's not funny.
    Politicians do it and it makes want to break things.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who doubt your professional opinion, ask you to confirm it with an additional source and then when you do, they still say “well I don’t think it’s right” WTF!

People who doubt your professional opinion, ask you to confirm it with an additional source and then when you do, they still say “well I don’t think it’s right” WTF!

same with people who ask your advice as you’re an expert (may or may not be professional), you spend time with them giving your advice and explain why, then find out they’ve ignored it and done something else for some frivolous reason

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    My immediate boss yesterday put in an e-mail "Happy to discuss fishhooks". Eh? Radge.

What does that even mean?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Found a jar of pesto int he cupboard with a best before June 2018, used it last night and it was fine.
    When do youthink you'll vacate the shunkie? 😄
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

People who insist on using saunas and steam rooms for conversation. It should be meditative and relaxing, not a place to gossip.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    People who insist on using saunas and steam rooms for conversation. It should be meditative and relaxing, not a place to gossip.
    At least you will know that it's hot gossip 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Witnessed an incident in the Turkish bath at Portobello baths recently. Two guys in the steam room having a real debate about Brexit, independence etc. Guy sitting quietly told them to "shut the f*** up" as"we hear enough on the news. We're here to relax.". Two guys went quiet and left sheepishly.