hibs.net Messageboard

Page 238 of 429 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,140 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you’d rather they said “hello, I’m Kenneth McKinlay, I’m your doctor”?

Saying “I’m Dr Kenneth McKinlay” puts the patient at ease more quickly no?
    That's fine, if a bit pompous.
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 18-11-2019 at 10:31 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I am the one and only 😉
    Can’t take that away from you

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Who will you get to stick their finger up your arse then?
    A District N-erse?

People (generally the older generation) who need 10 minutes talking to the cashier, 15 minutes to pack their bags, 10 minutes searching for their bank card, 10 minutes to try to insert the card into the reader, 10 minutes to enter wrong pin codes, and then when they eventually pay another 15 minutes just to **** about with their bags without even a hint of consideration for the mile long queue they have created behind them.

People who exaggerate for effect. 😉

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Grumpy morning people, asked a guy making a delivery from England if I could help him as he tried to walk past me into a site that was only open for works and not deliveries. He tried to push past me and said I shouldn’t speak to him like that 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Grumpy morning people, asked a guy making a delivery from England if I could help him as he tried to walk past me into a site that was only open for works and not deliveries. He tried to push past me and said I shouldn’t speak to him like that 😂
    People who ask "can I help you" when you are going somewhere or doing something that doesn't concern them. Just rude!! 😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Remember and take him a cup of tea tomorrow morning. It's a long time til Monday!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Parcel delivery companies who fail to deliver.

Yesterday I got email and SMS notification from DHL to say a parcel would be delivered between 18:10 and 20:10 and I was number 49 on the route. Tracking the parcel the driver got as far as number 30 at 17:00 then it just stopped. He obviously headed back to the depot at this point and then this morning tracking said
    26th November 2019 18:05 We're sorry but we haven’t been able to deliver as our driver was unable to gain access to the delivery address
    No attempt was made to deliver the parcel and I now have to wait in on Thursday in the faint hope that it might be delivered.

Also, how is a delivery driver expected to deliver 49 parcels a day? Assume an 8 hour shift that works out at a delivery every 16 minutes
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 27-11-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Yesterday I got email and SMS notification from DHL to say a parcel would be delivered between 18:10 and 20:10 and I was number 49 on the route. Tracking the parcel the driver got as far as number 30 at 17:00 then it just stopped. He obviously headed back to the depot at this point and then this morning tracking said

No attempt was made to deliver the parcel and I now have to wait in on Thursday in the faint hope that it might be delivered.

Also, how is a delivery driver expected to deliver 49 parcels a day? Assume an 8 hour shift that works out at a delivery every 16 minutes
    It's frustrating but I think there's too much pressure put on delivery drivers.

I had a parcel last month that was meant to be delivered on Saturday, wasn't, then Monday, wasn't, and when we asked they said there had been road works nearby.

When we said there weren't any roadworks, certainly not lasting Saturday to Monday they changed that to say they couldn't find the address.

They clearly just don't have the time to deliver all their packages and are happy to make up excuses as they go.

Delivery finally came and I made small talk to the driver as I was signing for it who said she had loads of parcels still left to deliver but that she was knackered and about to call it quits for the night. Certainly didn't leave me under any false impressions as to what had happened the last few days with my delivery.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    It's frustrating but I think there's too much pressure put on delivery drivers.

I had a parcel last month that was meant to be delivered on Saturday, wasn't, then Monday, wasn't, and when we asked they said there had been road works nearby.

When we said there weren't any roadworks, certainly not lasting Saturday to Monday they changed that to say they couldn't find the address.

They clearly just don't have the time to deliver all their packages and are happy to make up excuses as they go.

Delivery finally came and I made small talk to the driver as I was signing for it who said she had loads of parcels still left to deliver but that she was knackered and about to call it quits for the night. Certainly didn't leave me under any false impressions as to what had happened the last few days with my delivery.
    A follow up to my parcel. I went online to reschedule the delivery for Thursday (tomorrow). A van stopped at the end of my drive at 16:50 tonight as I was about to head out. It was the DHL van, and the driver claimed to not have been scheduled to deliver to me yesterday. When I told him I had been tracking it, he claimed that his machine was playing up yesterday.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I would guess you live in a rural area? The guys with tight city runs will do well over 100 every day, some of them were on 90 seconds between drops.
    DHL was UK Mail when I worked there. Drivers were made to take out every parcel in their postcodes, once you get into December you might get an email telling you that you're no 129 and delivery will be between 2350 and 0150. if the driver is agency or on a day rate he'll work until a certain time, 1700 in the case of your driver, then the undelivered parcels go back and should be out for delivery the next day. if your driver is an owner driver, paid by the delivery, you might see him at very dark o'clock.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Pet Peeves IV

I’m a city dweller but don’t get huge amounts of parcels delivered but I have to say that the vast amount of times I have they have arrived and when the email / text updates say they have.

It doesn’t look like a great job if I’m honest and these people sure work hard for their cash but overall I think it’s damn impressive how effective they are and the tracking / updates process is really useful.

There is even one service (can’t remember which company) that allows you to update your delivery preference on the fly...I wasn’t going to be at the time allotted so asked him to leave it in the green bin (wasn’t valuable) and hey presto when I got home there it was safely sitting on top of my recycling

Pretentious ****ers who write pish like "Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" to try to dress up their two week vacation from their 9-5 as some sort of inspirational Indiana Jones esque adventure.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    People who ask "can I help you" when you are going somewhere or doing something that doesn't concern them. Just rude!! 😁😁

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Pretentious ****ers who write pish like "Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" to try to dress up their two week vacation from their 9-5 as some sort of inspirational Indiana Jones esque adventure.
    People who attribute quotes to the wrong source.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Thankfully it's not in that majestic movie series or else I'd cry.

The BBC iplayer adverts, nippy as F! Also when watching BBC HD not being able to watch the local news, here anyway.

People sounding like Jacob Rees Mogg by using the word whilst when they could use the 20th/21st century equivalent, while.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Normally with a picture of some celebrity or character that has nothing to do with it as well

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm a Celebrity jungle rubbish. Terrible television.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    People sounding like Jacob Rees Mogg by using the word whilst when they could use the 20th/21st century equivalent, while.
    I wouldn't class "while" as being more modern than "whilst", but then I'm one of the folk who uses the latter.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm a Celebrity jungle rubbish. Terrible television.
    Love it. Only prog i really watch all year

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I wouldn't class "while" as being more modern than "whilst", but then I'm one of the folk who uses the latter.
    Whilst I have to agree, I'm whilsting away the afternoon wondering whom would while away the afternoon on such trivial topics. 😉

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Love it. Only prog i really watch all year

Now theres a shock.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Now theres a shock.

@hibs.net private member

I thought whilst implied an action eg I was walking whilst texting on my phone.

While you're here I will make a cup of tea, on the other hand.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    People that refer to the ground outside as the floor, can’t explain why that pushes my button so badly.

Prithee do continue, if 'twould please your goodselfness.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Using the word " like" after every sentence 🤬🤬
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game