hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People telling me what I should accept these days as being normal.
    Very much this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    The pizza counter in asda. There's always one person serving when I arrive, the queue is always ten deep and everyone in front of me is a "I'd like nine large stone baked please" person.

After waiting fifteen minutes I'll eventually get to the front when, without fail, another server will arrive to help relieve the queue.
    Or when you're queuing for a checkout and once you get to the front, they open a new one and all the people that have been waiting about 30 seconds steam to the front of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's a counter with a lack of speed that would rival the kiosks at Easter Road. Usually have to tell them three times what I want as well.

More annoying was yesterday, getting a Subway for lunch and having waited to get served for a while (one guy cleaning, one serving the queue), when the guy asked what I salad I wanted with it, he starts talking to the cleaning guy as I'm telling him what I want.
    Yourself and PD clearly never got served by me during the glory years of my sentence, errrr service, at ASDA Chesser counters. Often got asked if I was native Neaopolitian so I did.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I saw one the other day, a status along the lines off:

'No right that sum randoms on my friends list like picture of my kids on Facebook.'

Firstly if they are 'randoms' why are you friends with them on Facebook. Secondly if you don't want people seeing or liking picture of your kids on Facebook then don't ****ing post pictures of then on such a public platform in the 1st place.
    Also, couples who discuss/debate things via Facebook, tagging each other so the other will definitely see it.

Just had 1 of an ex workmate posting a video of some dug doing something daft and then asking his missus a question via Facebook regarding their own dug. As if they don't live together in the same house and it couldn't have possibly waited until this evening to look at it in person.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Some of the Tesco stores (namely the one on Nicholson Street) where you have to ask the staff to get you a carrier bag. I usually have my own bag with me, but if I don't and I need one, I have to ask someone to give me one. What exactly do they think is going to happen to the carrier bags if they're left beside the self scan till? We're not going to steal them all?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Some of the Tesco stores (namely the one on Nicholson Street) where you have to ask the staff to get you a carrier bag. I usually have my own bag with me, but if I don't and I need one, I have to ask someone to give me one. What exactly do they think is going to happen to the carrier bags if they're left beside the self scan till? We're not going to steal them all?
    Its to make sure your paying for them I suppose

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Its to make sure your paying for them I suppose
    But they don't stand over you when the machine asks if you have used any bags. You could still say 'no' and the bag hander out person would be none the wiser that I'm 5p richer than I should be.

Testimonial Due
    People who try to be a smart arse about other peoples pet peeves on hibs.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who don't understand how lifts work when they want to go in the opposite direction.

Drivers that think because the person in front of them at the traffic calming area has time to get through before the car that has right of way gets there, it means they can just go through as well, same with people turning right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Drivers that think because the person in front of them at the traffic calming area has time to get through before the car that has right of way gets there, it means they can just go through as well, same with people turning right.
    Learner drivers who then pass their test and think that their God's gift to driving😁

@hibs.net private member
    Cars bombing through on a late amber/early red when there's a queue waiting to turn right in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Learner drivers who then pass their test and think that their God's gift to driving

Must have been the way I was taught.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Learner drivers who then pass their test and think that their God's gift to driving😁
    Any young ersehole in a car too powerful for them, think they can drive but sadly all too often they're proved wrong with fatal consequences. Slow down ya pricks!

People who don't understand when to use the correct versions of the following: -

Two, too, to
    Of, off
    There, their, they're
    Could of, could have
    Should of, should have

There are other similar mistakes but this will do for now!

It's not rocket science to use the correct one and in the case of "could of" and "should of" never use them as they make no sense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    People who don't understand when to use the correct versions of the following: -

Two, too, to
    Of, off
    There, their, they're
    Could of, could have
    Should of, should have

There are other similar mistakes but this will do for now!

It's not rocket science to use the correct one and in the case of "could of" and "should of" never use them as they make no sense.
    I'm with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'm with you on this one.
    Me two

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Me two
    I should of guessed someone would do that. Their's always one who has two have there wee joke.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    This one's less of a 'peeve', more of a 'holy mother of God, why would you?' thing... what is it with young guys nowadays who have those ridiculous hoop things stretching out their earlobes?? Gives me the heebies! What are their ears going to look like when they decide they don't want to wear them any more? Their earlobes will just be flapping around at their chins!

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    This one's less of a 'peeve', more of a 'holy mother of God, why would you?' thing... what is it with young guys nowadays who have those ridiculous hoop things stretching out their earlobes?? Gives me the heebies! What are their ears going to look like when they decide they don't want to wear them any more? Their earlobes will just be flapping around at their chins!
    Thats so their burds can chain them tae the dug post when they go shopping 😳

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I had similar thoughts when it became popular for women to get tattoos. 30 years later after my holiday in Tenerife I'm now convinced I was right. There's a few ladies over forty sporting some saggy minging tatts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I had similar thoughts when it became popular for women to get tattoos. 30 years later after my holiday in Tenerife I'm now convinced I was right. There's a few ladies over forty sporting some saggy minging tatts.
    Actually tattooed women is a peeve of mine,even if it's just a single small tattoo. It's just wrong.

My pal had to pay to have his stitched up.

Yes, totally agree, especially if it's accompanied by dreads. Understandable if you're actually Carribean or African, but when you're a skinny wee posh white kid from West London, just gonnae no?!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Actually tattooed women is a peeve of mine,even if it's just a single small tattoo. It's just wrong.
    Correct! They seem to think it is a bold demonstration of their personality (or summat). In actuality it is just another pathetic fad which they may regret in time.

Nothing wrong with a lady having a tattoo. Some of them can be very sexy in my opinion. Does depend on where and what it is though.

Agree completely, I hate them on women.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Correct! They seem to think it is a bold demonstration of their personality (or summat). In actuality it is just another pathetic fad which they may regret in time.
    Much like tattoos on men IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Agree completely, I hate them on women.
    You saying you prefer tattooed men?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Much like tattoos on men IMO.
    In Berlin there's a certain group of people who consider themselves to be wind swept and interesting because they're covered in tatts and piercings, they even look down their noses at others without tatts or disfiguring body/face decorations. It's as if they're trying to make some sort of statement about their personality through body ornaments. Can't shake the feeling that they're trying to add much needed colour to their character by painting their exterior. Same goes for the fashion industry imo, "yes that's an incredibly nice piece of cloth you're wearing, however it doesn't change the fact that you're still a twat only this time you're a twat wearing a fancy suit".

Don't get it me.