hibs.net Messageboard

Page 225 of 429 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 12845

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Female colleagues at work who douse themselves in so much fragrance that it sucks the air away from you till you’re choking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nivea roll on is ok. I keep one at work as well (along with spare glasses, breath freshener, and moisturiser) 😎

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Female colleagues at work who douse themselves in so much fragrance that it sucks the air away from you till you’re choking.

Aye, thats out of order, especially when they do it in confined spaces.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Ineffective antiperspirant deodourants. I'm not an overly sweaty person thankfully, but we've moved area at work and my desk is in a right hot spot. Tried sprays and roll-ons but to no avail. Why sell something that's totally useless for the purpose it's designed for?

I use the big tins of Sure, they're usually always on promotion in supermarkets and I find it works ok, especially the antibacterial one that has the red stripe on it.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Men are just as guilty of this with aftershave

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Ineffective antiperspirant deodourants. I'm not an overly sweaty person thankfully, but we've moved area at work and my desk is in a right hot spot. Tried sprays and roll-ons but to no avail. Why sell something that's totally useless for the purpose it's designed for?
    I’ve just moved job (within the same organisation) and I’m in a different building. It is the hottest office I’ve ever been in and it absolutely reeks of BO. It is that way when you think it is coming from yourself until you leave the environment and realise it isn’t you.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Men are just as guilty of this with aftershave
    Or not. We share a building with a medium sized accountants' firm. Their senior partner arrives in his Volvo XC90 wearing one of his nice suits and stinking like a midden. You can tell when he's been in the lift not long before you as it smells like you've walked into a bin store.

People with huge backpacks on public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    I've no problem with that if they take it off and put it on the floor. It's those who stand with it on and swing it about without looking. Or those who get on a rush hour train and put it on a spare seat, then look amazed when asked to shift it!

Folk who think the whole world wants to join in with their idea of fun on public transport.

I ran to Linlithgow last week and just wanted to sit and chill for 20 minutes on the train home. A group of pished middle aged women decided the whole carriage was to join them in singing I will Survive and got passive aggressive with those of us who weren't in the mood to comply on a Sunday afternoon. Similarly a few weeks ago I was on a late train home from Glasgow and some guy started walking about playing an accordion and was trying to order folk to get up and dance and march behind him through the carriage. **** off. I just want to sit and have a blether with my mates and not indulge your pretensions about being a 'character'.

I hate when you get a loaf of bread and one or both of the heel ends are so thick they won't fit in the toaster. A delicate operation is required with a bread knife.
    It seems to happen more than it used to.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Retail outlets that create their own apps where you can pay or collect loyalty points with but that rarely actually work. Caffè Nero and Starbucks are the two offenders I’m thinking of here.

Whilst I’m at it, the Lothian Buses m-tickets app. Takes an age to activate a ticket which pisses off the drivers. So you activate it when the bus is approaching, only for the driver to only allow two passengers on the bus (despite five passengers getting off the bus), so you lose the ticket.

And then if you actually get on the bus but it breaks down, those with paper tickets are allowed on the next bus but those who have paid by m-ticket are not allowed on the next bus as it shows as “expired” and then when you make a complaint to Lothian Buses they just ignore it (this has happened 3 times to me).
    Last edited by overdrive; 08-06-2019 at 09:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I hate when you get a loaf of bread and one or both of the heel ends are so thick they won't fit in the toaster. A delicate operation is required with a bread knife.
    It seems to happen more than it used to.
    Don't use the toaster, grill it instead, topped with melted cheese. YUMMY
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Retail outlets that create their own apps where you can pay or collect loyalty points with but that rarely actually work. Caffè Nero and Starbucks are the two offenders I’m thinking of here.

Whilst I’m at it, the Lothian Buses m-tickets app. Takes an age to activate a ticket which pisses off the drivers. So you activate it when the bus is approaching, only for the driver to only allow two passengers on the bus (despite five passengers getting off the bus), so you lose the ticket.

And then if you actually get on the bus but it breaks down, those with paper tickets are allowed on the next bus but those who have paid by m-ticket are not allowed on the next bus as it shows as “expired” and then when you make a complaint to Lothian Buses they just ignore it (this has happened 3 times to me).
    The bus driver on the broken down bus will write you a ticket to use if you ask

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    It’s really funny watching them get into my taxi. They automatically duck down to get in, but the backpack obviously is still sticking up above their head. They get, but the backpack doesn’t, often resulting in neither ending up in the taxi.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    People who put lots of or any hashtag after each post on social media

#lazysundays #lovinglife #myfavperson #thisone

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    People who put lots of or any hashtag after each post on social media

#lazysundays #lovinglife #myfavperson #thisone
    #firtstworldproblems ....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Road tax, just cost £200 to tax my car for the next 12 months. How come it costs £20 more if I wanted to pay it 6 months at a time?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Road tax, just cost £200 to tax my car for the next 12 months. How come it costs £20 more if I wanted to pay it 6 months at a time?
    More admin is the usual excuse. More tax the real reason.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Use a deodorant with anhydrol like pespirex or the like. You’ll probably only need to use it once a month or so then a normal anti perspirant after that...

I used to suffer from occasional under arm hyper hydrosis which was rather embarrassing on occasion. Which despite being a medical condition just made you look like a right sweaty git. Sometimes I could come out the shower clean as, ensure I was nice and cool and put on my normal deo. 5 minutes later the tshirt or whatever could be soaked through under the arms. That stuff fixed the issue no problems as all and really made a huge difference to my life.

Also works for people with sweaty palms etc (all linked to hyper hydrosis).

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Don't use the toaster, grill it instead, topped with melted cheese. YUMMY
    Of course but sometimes you just want a quick slice.
    From now on I'm the guy in the tesco bakery dept feeling up the loaves like a concertina player.

People who dress their kids in matching clothes.

That Peleton Cycling At Home advert that’s getting saturation coverage during ITV4s French Open ad breaks. Nippy as!

The attitude of some men towards the Womens World Cup, particularly on social media. It's just swamped by insecure men desperate to make sure the whole world knows they don't care, women's football is crap and women are only good for doing the washing, cooking dinners and maybe ****ging every so often.

I wonder if these guys have daughters and whether they would like someone having the same attitude towards them. It's really sad and just screams men who obviously have a complex about their own masculinity.

Fair enough if you don't like or care about women's football but the need to broadcast it every 2 minutes is just pathetic. Sad, sad men.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The attitude of some men towards the Womens World Cup, particularly on social media. It's just swamped by insecure men desperate to make sure the whole world knows they don't care, women's football is crap and women are only good for doing the washing, cooking dinners and maybe ****ging every so often.

I wonder if these guys have daughters and whether they would like someone having the same attitude towards them. It's really sad and just screams men who obviously have a complex about their own masculinity.

Fair enough if you don't like or care about women's football but the need to broadcast it every 2 minutes is just pathetic. Sad, sad men.
    It’s just so unnecessary. My daughter plays girls football for hibs and she absolutely loves it the same way that a boy would. There’s obviously a difference in quality by the time that it gets to international level, but that’s obviously going to be the case when you consider that the women haven’t had the full time coaching that the men have. Thankfully attitudes are changing and the quality levels are rising. I don’t know why people can’t just enjoy it for what it is without making pathetic comments about what women should or shouldn’t be doing.

United we stand here....

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Reading comments on posts about women's football from Match Of The Day on Facebook just depresses me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Pictures advertising food that are not representative of the actual product you purchase.

Another social media one:

People who state their education was at 'the university of life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.