hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 424 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mothers sat behind them f ing and blinding for most of the game
    Women that could swear for Scotland really do my head in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pillows on the continent. How does every country singularly fail to grasp the function of a pillow is not that of your granny's cushions. Wrecks my head. The same in everything from Mountain huts to 5 star hotels.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 02-08-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Women that could swear for Scotland really do my head in.
    The three women a couple of rows behind us would be right up there with the worst, Allan was warming up and doing stretches and they started wolf whistling and shouting "nice bum" no complaints about that but when it got to ****ging him and his c*** size etc it went beyond joking. I feel sorry for their kids, if they are like that at a football game I despair to think what they are like in their own homes.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Just eBay in general. Put a decent offer in for something that's been up for weeks; nobody goes near it then with 20 seconds left, some twat beats your offer leaving you no time to come back.
    People who put in early bids on eBay which drive the price up rather than waiting until there's less than 20 seconds left :)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Cheap burgers dressed with a ton of other things to justify the selling price.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People who start filling their plate from the wrong end at the buffet.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Cheese on things that don't need cheese. Like a sausage butty, bacon butty, chips etc. No need at all.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Toilet attendants in pubs and nightclubs. I know everyone has to make a living, but seriously, I don't need someone to give me handwash, towels or aftershave when I go for a piss. Telling them to **** off makes me feel bad when they ask for some change.

Lassies on Facebook who post pictures of their kids incessantly (bad enough) but ALSO with captions as if it's the baby writing them in the 1st person - e.g. "cuddles with my Gran and Auntie Sarah" etc etc.

Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Lassies on Facebook who post pictures of their kids incessantly (bad enough) but ALSO with captions as if it's the baby writing them in the 1st person - e.g. "cuddles with my Gran and Auntie Sarah" etc etc.

Just weird.
    I'll add to that in regards to Facebook;

"I would just like to wish my lovely wife/husband/gran/boyfriend (delete as applicable) a wonderful birthday" etc etc

Well go and ****ing tell them then

Also, people who moan about things they've seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Just weird.
    I saw one the other day, a status along the lines off:

'No right that sum randoms on my friends list like picture of my kids on Facebook.'

Firstly if they are 'randoms' why are you friends with them on Facebook. Secondly if you don't want people seeing or liking picture of your kids on Facebook then don't ****ing post pictures of then on such a public platform in the 1st place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    So you are in the supermarket and looking at a shelf trying to decide what to pick up and some rude and ignorant **** walks in front of you standing ther to grab something for themselves. No excuse me no apologies just barges in. me right off!!

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    People who start filling their plate from the wrong end at the buffet.
    I didn't know plates had a wrong end!?!

I know this had been touched on many times before on this thread, but the ignorance of some people in everyday situations is breathtaking. I was at the Foodies Festival in Inverleith on Sat and there was a decent-sized queue to get in to a relatively narrow entrance which then opened up as you entered the festival itself. While waiting on friends arriving, I watched numerous groups get through the entrance and then stop dead, blocking the path of all the people coming behind them.

It probably didn't help that they were being handed a programme guide as they entered and they seemed to think it was some sort of map. It was bad enough when it was couples or small groups, but you had folk with multiple dogs, double pushchairs and all sorts. Just walk 10-20 metres further on and there would be no problem.

People who think getting on a bus with a pram not only entities them to the pram space but also the adjacent seats. Normally some halfwit looking oxygen thief with his skanky girlfriend.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    So you are in the supermarket and looking at a shelf trying to decide what to pick up and some rude and ignorant **** walks in front of you standing ther to grab something for themselves. No excuse me no apologies just barges in. me right off!!
    Folk that fanny about at the shops. Just pick something!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    People that walk about shops saying sorry instead of excuse me etc.. One of the ways I amuse myself on a shopping trip is see how often it happens

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Peevey day today...

1) folk that sit next to you doing that honking up snotters thing in their throat all day. IT'S MINGIN, BLOW YOUR FLIPPIN NOSE!!!!

2) those stupid taps at work that you have to push rather than turn, and the water then only comes out for a nanosecond. By the time your hands get to where the water comes out, it's already stopped. We're all actual adults, none of whom (that I'm aware of) have flooded our own houses because we don't know how to turn an ordinary tap off! Gonnae just give us proper ones?

3) Mingers who just leave the toilet without even attempting to wash their hands. Yeh, the taps are a bit irritating, but go on, at least try ffs!

That'll do for now, no doubt I'll be back

Maybe because im not a parent but babies on planes is peeve of mine, when they dont shut up for the entire journey. Sjould have their own section on the plane

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Peevey day today...

2) those stupid taps at work that you have to push rather than turn, and the water then only comes out for a nanosecond. By the time your hands get to where the water comes out, it's already stopped. We're all actual adults, none of whom (that I'm aware of) have flooded our own houses because we don't know how to turn an ordinary tap off! Gonnae just give us proper ones?
    Mingers who just leave the toilet without even attempting to wash their hands. Yeh, the taps are a bit irritating, but go on, at least try ffs!
    The thing about taps though is that you and everyone before you have just used a dirty hand to turn the taps on but are then using your clean hand to turn them off. Your clean hand is therefore touching a dirty tap which could have all sorts of germs.
    Toilet/bathroom doors are the same. Many folks go to the toilet and don't was their hands but they use the same door handle to get out as you do. So you wash your hands only to have to open the door by touching the same handle that everyone else has, the same guys who don't wash their hands. I use my sleeve to open doors but if I've nothing long sleeved on I use the bottom of my shirt/t-shirt. Because you are making a hard grip, you should honestly see the colour of the dirt that comes off the handles sometimes.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Peevey day today...

1) folk that sit next to you doing that honking up snotters thing in their throat all day. IT'S MINGIN, BLOW YOUR FLIPPIN NOSE!!!!

3) Mingers who just leave the toilet without even attempting to wash their hands. Yeh, the taps are a bit irritating, but go on, at least try ffs!

That'll do for now, no doubt I'll be back
    Taps in general in the UK. Why two ****ing taps? One has water that's directly pumped from an arctic glazier's melt water and the other is tapped directly from the furnaces of hell. Why not have a mixer like other civilised nations?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    The thing about taps though is that you and everyone before you have just used a dirty hand to turn the taps on but are then using your clean hand to turn them off. Your clean hand is therefore touching a dirty tap which could have all sorts of germs.
    Toilet/bathroom doors are the same. Many folks go to the toilet and don't was their hands but they use the same door handle to get out as you do. So you wash your hands only to have to open the door by touching the same handle that everyone else has, the same guys who don't wash their hands. I use my sleeve to open doors but if I've nothing long sleeved on I use the bottom of my shirt/t-shirt. Because you are making a hard grip, you should honestly see the colour of the dirt that comes off the handles sometimes.
    Coincidently, there was recently a guy on Dragon's den with a contraption to be used for opening doors without actually touching the handle. He didn't get any investments. As far as touching a dirty tap to put it off is concerned, just fill the basin ( hopefully there will be a plug ) and you don't then have to touch the dirty tap again. Deborah Meaden said she used cheap disposable gloves when confronted with a potentially dirty toilet door handle.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Folk that fanny about at the shops. Just pick something!
    It wasn't my fault, I blame Waitrose, with all those different flavours of Humous to chose from it is hard to pick. #1stworldproblems

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You make a valid point. The canteen ones are the ones like doctors use - you swing them on and off with your elbow. I'd settle for them.

I saw the guy on Dragon's Den too. Was caught between thinking it was a good idea, but that people would think you were a bit weird if you actually used one. (kind of like how I'd feel if I was in the loo with Deborah Meaden and she pulled out a pair of gloves Or they could just start putting all toilet doors on so that you pull them to go in and push them to go out rather than the other way round?
    Last edited by Galahibby; 12-08-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Folk that sit on the outside of two seats on all modes of public transport, wtf do they think will happen if god forbid someone sits beside them.

Folk sitting in my reserved seat on a train thinking I will accept their excuse that someone is sitting in their seat. Unless the whole reservation system is down or seats have not been reserved for everyone, don't cry when I move you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Folk that sit on the outside of two seats on all modes of public transport, wtf do they think will happen if god forbid someone sits beside them.
    I remember once sitting on a bus with two other individuals, all of us at the window seats. A guy got on and, despite all the available free seats, sat down beside me without as much as a 'hi' or glance in my direction. Perfectly innocent and no big deal, but it felt a bit creepy all the same. Maybe he was working for candid camera or maybe just taking the piss.

The pizza counter in asda. There's always one person serving when I arrive, the queue is always ten deep and everyone in front of me is a "I'd like nine large stone baked please" person.

After waiting fifteen minutes I'll eventually get to the front when, without fail, another server will arrive to help relieve the queue.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    The pizza counter in asda. There's always one person serving when I arrive, the queue is always ten deep and everyone in front of me is a "I'd like nine large stone baked please" person.

After waiting fifteen minutes I'll eventually get to the front when, without fail, another server will arrive to help relieve the queue.
    It's a counter with a lack of speed that would rival the kiosks at Easter Road. Usually have to tell them three times what I want as well.

More annoying was yesterday, getting a Subway for lunch and having waited to get served for a while (one guy cleaning, one serving the queue), when the guy asked what I salad I wanted with it, he starts talking to the cleaning guy as I'm telling him what I want.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People telling me what I should accept these days as being normal.I couldn't give a flying, if I don't want accept something because I don't believe it's right then what right does someone have to accuse me of being something I am not.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.