hibs.net Messageboard

Page 208 of 425 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

First Team Breakthrough
    People who go swimming but don’t really swim and just stand in the water at the end of the pool.

GTF out the way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When you take your underwear out the drawer and think they’re inside out, you turn them to what you think is the right way only to find as you put them on that they were the right way round to begin with.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you take your underwear out the drawer and think they’re inside out, you turn them to what you think is the right way only to find as you put them on that they were the right way round to begin with.
    It's November. The mornings are dark.

If I get to work with my own knickers on, that's a result in my book.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Turn the light on man

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Drag that I agree. Another is putting socks on in the dark. If you're still groggy from sleep standing on one leg can lead to injury.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    This might take some explaining :

Families that go swimming and take a ball with them to throw to each other.
    It’s not so bad if there are only 2 of them but when 3 or more are there taking part , they take up half the pool throwing the ball around in a triangle or square.

This is a thing . I’ve witnessed it loads of times over the past few months.
    Absolutely drives me insane.
    Which pool?

I take my son swimming a fair bit, usually the commie but he gets bored really easily. I am aware of my surroundings granted but there is not much to do for kids now there. The aqua dash was good but you need to book well in advance.
    I found bubbles in livi a better alternative for him now as he can go on the slides but size of the pool is tiny.
    They should really either cut off a bit of the pool for balls etc at commie, or have a couple hours for certain ages in the learning pool so as not to annoy people with kids (who I seem to recall have a special slot in the mornings for under 5's only))

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Which pool?

I take my son swimming a fair bit, usually the commie but he gets bored really easily. I am aware of my surroundings granted but there is not much to do for kids now there. The aqua dash was good but you need to book well in advance.
    I found bubbles in livi a better alternative for him now as he can go on the slides but size of the pool is tiny.
    They should really either cut off a bit of the pool for balls etc at commie, or have a couple hours for certain ages in the learning pool so as not to annoy people with kids (who I seem to recall have a special slot in the mornings for under 5's only))
    I agree with all points, even the poster you are replying too.

I find it infuriating at swimming as people seem to lose all spacial awareness, i will be waiting on my boy jumping in and people will just stand in front of me so there's no room to jump even though it's obvious that's whats happening.

In saying that i turned into one of those people the previous poster was complaining about at the weekend, for years my boy loved swimming however since he learned to actually swim himself he's finding it a bit boring if there's nothing to play with so i bought a wee ball to throw around, I hated it though as i was conscious i was constantly getting in folks way and it is annoying for them, i get that.

I think with all the money spent on the commy pool recently it's shocking they couldn't have put some better stuff in for kids, I've been to a few much smaller places than Edinburgh with much better 'fun' swimming facilities than we have got here. Dunbar and Perth to name a couple of the top of my head.

Not sure if it's of interest but we went to Wester Hailes pool the other week and that was much better than the commonwealth pool, the slide was shut when we went but that seemed to be a temporary measure and they had a good bit for jumping in, there was also much more space for playing with a ball or something. The only problem was the changing rooms that resembled what i expect an Easter European prison to look like but the pool itself was great.

First Team Breakthrough
    Which pool?

I’ve been going to the WHEC in Wester Hailes. It’s a great pool .

I go to bubbles with my youngest too but that place is just mental :-)
    Noisiest pool I’ve ever been in.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I find it infuriating at swimming as people seem to lose all spacial awareness, i will be waiting on my boy jumping in and people will just stand in front of me so there's no room to jump even though it's obvious that's whats happening.

In saying that i turned into one of those people the previous poster was complaining about at the weekend, for years my boy loved swimming however since he learned to actually swim himself he's finding it a bit boring if there's nothing to play with so i bought a wee ball to throw around, I hated it though as i was conscious i was constantly getting in folks way and it is annoying for them, i get that.

I think with all the money spent on the commy pool recently it's shocking they couldn't have put some better stuff in for kids, I've been to a few much smaller places than Edinburgh with much better 'fun' swimming facilities than we have got here. Dunbar and Perth to name a couple of the top of my head.

Not sure if it's of interest but we went to Wester Hailes pool the other week and that was much better than the commonwealth pool, the slide was shut when we went but that seemed to be a temporary measure and they had a good bit for jumping in, there was also much more space for playing with a ball or something. The only problem was the changing rooms that resembled what i expect an Easter European prison to look like but the pool itself was great.

It’s fantastic at WHEC.
    They inflate the giant slide on a Saturday afternoon if you are interested.

It can be a pain when there is swimming lessons on and also when 2 lanes reserved for the swimming cap and Google’s brigade .

My youngest just started swimming a few months ago and can now jump off the first diving board and is loving it.

Cafe is great too .

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Grammar nazism isn't always a good thing, but civilisation will shirley crumble sooner rather than later if yoofs do not grasp that when they've sent a text to someone they have texted a message, not text it.

Gamer IDs

Yeah, I grew up in Sighthill as well as Leith as a child and went to the WHEC all the time, the changing rooms have not been updated since I was nipper. I am 31 now haha. Ive taken him there a couple of times but he was too young for the slide then, ill need to give it another bash soon. IIRC its usually between 2 and 4 on a Saturday its on.

I guess keeping with the thread my 'Peeve' is that there is no leisure pool in Edinburgh for kids. Water world was great when I was wee, shame it was closed down/not used.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I’ve been going to the WHEC in Wester Hailes. It’s a great pool .

I go to bubbles with my youngest too but that place is just mental :-)
    Noisiest pool I’ve ever been in.
    Yeah Bubbles is mental, since I read this thread I am actually thinking of taking him to Time Capsule tomorrow (Mrs is out so was looking for things to do) he has asked to go back to bubbles, but I might surprise him and drive along to Time Capsule instead

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Yeah Bubbles is mental, since I read this thread I am actually thinking of taking him to Time Capsule tomorrow (Mrs is out so was looking for things to do) he has asked to go back to bubbles, but I might surprise him and drive along to Time Capsule instead

Just 30 minutes on from the Time Capsule is Rugby park.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Just 30 minutes on from the Time Capsule is Rugby park.
    That thought is crossing my mind......Just looked at Time Capsule and its closed for a refurb

Yeah, I grew up in Sighthill as well as Leith as a child and went to the WHEC all the time, the changing rooms have not been updated since I was nipper. I am 31 now haha. Ive taken him there a couple of times but he was too young for the slide then, ill need to give it another bash soon. IIRC its usually between 2 and 4 on a Saturday its on.

I guess keeping with the thread my 'Peeve' is that there is no leisure pool in Edinburgh for kids. Water world was great when I was wee, shame it was closed down/not used.
    It's a scandal that in as tourist-friendly a city as this (not to mention one that has what, half a million or so residents?) that there is no leisure pool for kids.

Was Waterworld not sacrificed so the Commonwealth Pool could be upgraded, and we couldn't afford both?

My peeve is probably that as a nation (UK level) we seem to put so much emphasis on winning gold medals rather than encouraging the fun of activity and leisure for all. If we have a track record of winning gold medals at a particular pursuit we don't seem to have any issues finding funds, whereas things we don't do so well at (but might just manage in the future) are hopelessly underfunded.

That thought is crossing my mind......Just looked at Time Capsule and its closed for a refurb
    The new(ish) leisure pool in Dundee is good if you're looking for a day out.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Brexit.

#justsaying
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Meadowbank being left to rot for about a year and still no sign of anything happening.

It was a great, well used facility, the bulldozers should have been in the day after it shut its doors, if they weren’t ready to work on whatever is replacing it then it shouldn’t have shut its doors.

@hibs.net private member
    Yellow bananas that taste green

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Getting approached for a job that looks like it'll be great, and the employer is paying way less than you're currently on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People logging on to Hibs.net to announce they’re logging off of Hibs.net because of all the nonsense and attention seeking.

Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    People logging on to Hibs.net to announce they’re logging off of Hibs.net because of all the nonsense and attention seeking.

Irony.

The adult equivalent of a teenager announcing they are leaving home and flouncing out the door for a couple of hours.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Irony.
    While we're doing hibs.net gripes can i throw in posters with very similar user names please?

Northernhibby, NORTHERNHIBEE, 90+2, SINCE 90+2 etc.......

Shouldn't really make a difference as i like to think i take each post on it's merits rather than who the poster is but i find it really nippy, especially when they're disagreeing with each other and i get really confused

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    While we're doing hibs.net gripes can i throw in posters with very similar user names please?

Northernhibby, NORTHERNHIBEE, 90+2, SINCE 90+2 etc.......

Shouldn't really make a difference as i like to think i take each post on it's merits rather than who the poster is but i find it really nippy, especially when they're disagreeing with each other and i get really confused
    I always get you mixed up with wookie70 even though your usernames aren’t massively similar
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 04-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I get myself mixed up with Cabbageandribs1875.

When it shows up the quoted box of the Hibs.Net Lite version of the site anyway.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The popular 'revelling in failure' and 'hoping we lose' nonsense you get so often in here.

I was about to post it in Things You Don't Get but I get it perfectly, it's just a desperate attempt from those who aren't capable of forming an argument to try and devalue someone else's.

As if there is a single Hibs fan who doesn't want anything other than Hibs to win every single game they play!?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The popular 'revelling in failure' and 'hoping we lose' nonsense you get so often in here.

I was about to post it in Things You Don't Get but I get it perfectly, it's just a desperate attempt from those who aren't capable of forming an argument to try and devalue someone else's.

As if there is a single Hibs fan who doesn't want anything other than Hibs to win every single game they play!?
    I don't get this post, I know it's the wrong thread.

@hibs.net private member
    Sitting in a pub with a pint and something to read when the bar staff go round polishing already clean tables etc.

It is so unfriendly when there are still a few hours to go before last orders.

Poor quality meat in restaurants. Your food arrives and you've been looking forward to a tasty Rogan Josh and the first bite of lamb is all fat, gristle or bone. If I'm paying for meat, I want meat!! Same applies to chicken and beef. If they can hide rubbish meat in a sauce so you can't see it, they will. I've started having pea and paneer instead. Very tasty too.