hibs.net Messageboard

Page 206 of 428 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Up to 4 pages already on the "Yam accounts" thread. Just don't understand why so many on here are erm...somewhat preoccupied by hearts.

Oneupmanship, moral high ground?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Those new sky tv remote controls, every time you pick it up the channel changes or something happens on the tv. It’s far too sensitive.

United we stand here....

Rugby ****ers on the night bus last night singing flower of Scotland....after a defeat and the pricks that try to talk to you about the rugby. Piss off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Rugby ****ers on the night bus last night singing flower of Scotland....after a defeat and the pricks that try to talk to you about the rugby. Piss off.
    Flower of Scotland. An embarrasing dirge which shows Scots up as the "chip on shoulder" downtrodden nation we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Flower of Scotland. An embarrasing dirge which shows Scots up as the "chip on shoulder" downtrodden nation we are.
    💤

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    💤
    Tired?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    They probably think the same when hearing SOL after a defeat.

There was a group of rugby fans in front of me in a take away last night. They decided to throw a pile of napkins all over the shop then stole a delivery drivers cap and threw it between themselves whilst he tried to get it back. In the end he just walked away. Playground bullying behaviour really.

Not particularly serious but the holier than thou attitude and denial that there is a behaviour problem amongst SOME rugby fans gets on my nerves.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    They probably think the same when hearing SOL after a defeat.
    And that happens when?.....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    And that happens when?.....
    Never been to Hampden then?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Never been to Hampden then?
    There's a chance it maybe happened at the Celtic final in 2013, although I don't remember SoL specifically, as there was a lot of singing/appreciation towards the team at the time. Other than that I don't think we react very well to defeat at Hampden, nevermind sing SoL.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Inverted snobbery of football fans regarding rugby fans

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No inverted snobbery from me. My experience of rugby fans is much the same as my experience of football fans. The majority are decent and some are total dicks. The difference is the dicks are highlighted and often perceived as a majority in football.

I've said it before but working in hospitality opens your eyes to all sorts. What might be 'high jinks' or 'a laugh' to the participants is a problem or a mess to be dealt with by a member of staff. Vandalising a shop and bullying a guy on minimum wage, or any wage for that matter, is the behaviour of dicks regardless of what sport they follow.

To continue along the same lines it often seems the percentage of people who can't behave at a football match increases in line with how big a game it is and I'm sure it's the same for rugby. I think it's a fair conclusion to say the fans at Six Nations games and so on are not regular attendees at rugby matches given the crowd size relative to what Edinburgh, Glasgow and the amateur game draws so the 'cup final' behaviour is probably on show more than it is for the run of the mill football games we encounter week in and week out.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No inverted snobbery from me. My experience of rugby fans is much the same as my experience of football fans. The majority are decent and some are total dicks. The difference is the dicks are highlighted and often perceived as a majority in football.

I've said it before but working in hospitality opens your eyes to all sorts. What might be 'high jinks' or 'a laugh' to the participants is a problem or a mess to be dealt with by a member of staff. Vandalising a shop and bullying a guy on minimum wage, or any wage for that matter, is the behaviour of dicks regardless of what sport they follow.

To continue along the same lines it often seems the percentage of people who can't behave at a football match increases in line with how big a game it is and I'm sure it's the same for rugby. I think it's a fair conclusion to say the fans at Six Nations games and so on are not regular attendees given the crowd size relative to what Edinburgh, Glasgow and the amateur game draws so the 'cup final' behaviour is probably on show more than it is for the run of the mill football games we encounter week in and week out.
    I knew you would reply and for what its worth my pet peeve wasnt aimed at you as I completely agree about bad behaviours of both rugby and football fans. It was more about the how dare they sing "Flower of Scotland" when they clearly all voted no, and how dare any rugby fan try to talk to a stranger about rugby!
    Iv actually followed Scotland football to 2 world cups and a Euro champs finals as well as many away matches. I've also been to many Scotland rugby matches away from home as well as the Lions to Australia. Both sets of fans can at times be total knobs, probably me as well if Im honest, but Ive never seen it get violent at the rugby like i have with the football

@hibs.net private member
    The phrase “oh my god” or “ohmygod”.

After watching I’m a celebrity... I’m wondering what folk used to say to fill a sentence up and/or appear shocked?

That wifie out of friends started it.

The BBC Breakfast weathers bizarre interpretation of the size and weather variances in the countries and regions that make up the UK. If you based your understanding of UK geography on the time and descriptive flourish they afford certain areas you would conclude that SE England is roughly the size of Russia, the rest of England and Wales is similar in size to Iceland, Scotland is comparable to San Marino and Northern Ireland to all intents and purposes doesn't exist beyond being a mythical land that weather has to pass to reach places that matter.

'Good Morning Louise, lovely to see you standing under an umbrella in Hyde Park for some inexplicable reason'

'Morning studio, yes as you can see an extreme day here in London with rain lasting for at least 45 minutes and wind speed touching 12mph, gusting to 16. It's November in the UK and it's cold if you can believe it. There's a chance that within the next 5 weeks people in the South East may have to face the horror of scraping their car in the morning. This area of low pressure form the east will hit Southend on Sea at 3pm and after sunset the temperatures in London, Reading and Luton will drop. It's raining and windy in the north east, north west and possibly the midlands, that may even make it's way south in the coming minutes. In Scotland devestating floods have wiped out the entire population of Glasgow. East Anglia will see some temperate weather much like that being experienced in the south east and some sunny spells are likely for south London later today. A giant ogre is currently hurling hail towards the south east from that place where Belfast is but back to the south east now where a weather warning has been issued for the incoming hail and wind speeds have increased to 13mph. The rain is now slightly finer but may get heavy again in the coming moments, in 3 weeks there may be a slushy residue from 2 hours snow which will bring the entire are to a standstill. Cornwalls quite nice and Wales is somewhere over there. To conclude....the south east.

'Thanks Louise, now for 3 minutes of inane and awkward banter'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

After watching I’m a celebrity... I’m wondering what folk used to say to fill a sentence up and/or appear shocked?

I think OMG is a bit old hat now. They're saying "Y'know what?" or "I tell you what".
    Frequent use of the word "like", however, is still going strong - often heard like three or like more times in like the same sentence. I'm like you know what I can't stand this.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I’m definitely one of those q

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I think OMG is a bit old hat now. They're saying "Y'know what?" or "I tell you what".
    Frequent use of the word "like", however, is still going strong - often heard like three or like more times in like the same sentence. I'm like you know what I can't stand this.
    A lassie that sits near me at work does that. Now that I’ve noticed it I can’t stop noticing it and it does me head in.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Having plastic cutlery to eat a baked potato. Or to eat any food.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Having plastic cutlery to eat a baked potato. Or to eat any food.
    Because of the environment and that?

It's still better than "oh my days", wtf does that mean? 😡

It's still better than "oh my days", wtf does that mean? 😡
    I've not heard that on the Corstorphine omnibus. Not yet. Definitely sounds American though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Because of the environment and that?
    No, I was hungry.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I've not heard that on the Corstorphine omnibus. Not yet. Definitely sounds American though.
    Without a doubt that's where it originated from. Was a Big Brother favourite many moons ago. Whenever I'm down in London I still hear it far too often!

Without a doubt that's where it originated from. Was a Big Brother favourite many moons ago. Whenever I'm down in London I still hear it far too often!
    Oh my stars! I've heard. Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Men who sit on the bus with their legs apart and their feet at ten to two! How am I supposed to get in the seat next to them without sitting on their knee? Knees together, toes pointing forward please!
    I've never done this but am going to start doing it now, in retaliation.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I've never done this but am going to start doing it now, in retaliation.
    For every man that does that on my bus im pressing the button and not waiting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Back in this thread, I raised the topic of women having surgery to their lips. 9 times out of 10 it is horrendous ....... I’ve just seen Cheryl Cole ( don’t know what she calls herself these days ) on the telly and she is the latest living proof of this self inflicted disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I've got a couple of girls in work who've had this done, they look like they've had tractor tyres glued onto their faces and it gives the impression that they could suck a grapefruit through a garden hose. Maybe that's the point?
    Another trout pout on telly tonight, some female from ‘celebrity TV’. These, otherwise good looking girls look as if they have some sort of congenital facial deformity. Their lips are bigger than their brains.

The fact that I've just scoffed 2 packets of fruit pastilles and there has only been 1 Orange flavoured pastille in each pack but 3 of the other flavours.