hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 424 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    The list is getting longer the older I get.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Mexican Waves. What's the point?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Phoning up a company and speaking to voice machine who takes you through a half dozen options i.e."press 1 if you want..." Thereafter the same procedure is repeated for about 6 times before you're connected to a real person.
    By that time I'm ready to kill.

@hibs.net private member
    Boy in front of you at the bar - 2 pints of lager please. Anything else - oh aye 2 vodka and coke. Anything else - yes please a glass of wine.

Just ask for it all up front ya clown.

Same applies in the chippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy in front of you at the bar - 2 pints of lager please. Anything else - oh aye 2 vodka and coke. Anything else - yes please a glass of wine.

Just ask for it all up front ya clown.

Same applies in the chippy.
    Or worse:

2 lager, Bacardi and coke.......bottle of Becks.......soda and lime.....................oh aye and a pint of Guiness please mate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Or worse:

2 lager, Bacardi and coke.......bottle of Becks.......soda and lime.....................oh aye and a pint of Guiness please mate.
    That one gets an audible sigh rather than the standard head shake.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Or worse:

Hah, happened to me in the Barony the other week!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    'Selfies'. Bunch of vain self absorbed pricks.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Lack of basic manners. I've taken the time to hold a door open for you, or stepped back to allow you to come through first, and so on. It takes very little effort on my part, takes even less of yours to say thanks, or even nod in acknowledgement.

********s who don't indicate on roundabouts, then throw you the dirty look in the aftermath.

folk who walk too close to automatic revolving doors, then look glaikit as to why it's suddenly stopped.

Folk who who walk to the top/bottom of an escalator, and upon seeing its switched off/broken, turn and walk back through the crowd of people to the stairs next to it. It's a ****ing set of stairs when it's stationary!

folk who don't prepare themselves on an amber light, and wait until it's green before putting the car in gear, handbrake off, check around before moving off....and now the light is back to red

groups of people who stand in the middle of a busy pavement to have a chat.

people (mostly old folk) who believe the world is due them a living and think things like queues don't apply to them.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Going for a scran and my food being served to me on anything other than a plate!! No mate I dont want that fish in a bunnet and chips in a manky shoe, get that to **** and come back with a ****ing plate you ****er.

I could have a thread just dedicated to the pish wearing of suits:

Fastening the bottom buttons on a waist coat

Buttoning a suit jacket when wearing a waistcoat

Brown belt/black shoes black belt/brown shoes

Buttoning a jacket when sitting down

Black shirt/back suit

Those horrible shiny grey Topman suits (not a price snob comment, you can buy a decent charcoal grey suit from Slaters for less than one of said Topman suits)

Using a Windsor knot with a narrow collared shirt
    Let me add, shoes with buckles and not laces

people wearing checked shirts and striped ties or vice versa

**** ties in general

****ers in coffee shops who have clearly been sitting there for hours with a cold empty mug yet refuse to move because they need the free wifi to write their memoirs

The standard of driving in Edinburgh is appalling and getting worse. I suppose it is everywhere.

People who don't indicate get my goat. Selfish behaviour and potentially dangerous too.

Half the folk on the road would fail their tests if they had to retake them.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Let me add, shoes with buckles and not laces

people wearing checked shirts and striped ties or vice versa

**** ties in general
    Short sleeved shirts. Even worse when worn with a tie.

You'd never catch Cameron or the Duke of Cambridge wearing one. It's "shirtsleeve order" on hot days for top types.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Erses who turn left from the outside lane because they're too daft to realise they can use the bus lane.

Anyone with their arse hanging out of their low slung jeans, the most ridiculous fashion statement ever!

Wearing a suit with no belt! WTF is that about!

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Mexican Waves. What's the point?
    To say "hi" to his mate?

@hibs.net private member
    The fashion guys that wear grey track suit bottoms with their hands down the front.

When did a tracky become fashion?!

@hibs.net private member
    Teenage boys and guys in their early 20s that moisturise, get their teeth whitened and straighten their hair.

@hibs.net private member
    Same group as above that go to the gym to look at themselves in the mirror and get massive arms while forgetting about their wee chicken legs.

Boys you look ridiculous - they wee legs need to carry they biceps around remember.

Folk bombarding trip advisor to get there mostest favouritist place in the world a certificate of excellence...

Quote Originally Posted by northernhibee View Post
    'selfies'. Bunch of vain self absorbed pricks.
    ofi!

Drivers coming to a roundabout seeing the lanes are clearly marked yet they still can get it right.

Drivers in general with no lane discipline and don't signal.

****ing tractors on the road between half four and five every day and the driver refuses to pull over when safe to prevent a massive tailback.

Souped up scabby wee motors with massive exhausts that are worth more than the car.

Standing waiting to get served in a queue at the shops and some auld man taps you on shoulder and says 'I've only got one thing and everyone else has let me in' I tell him he can wait behind me and I get dogs abuse for not being respectful enough!

Folk that bump their big F off vans etc onto the pavement and on doing this forcing folk to walk on the road.

The same companies (and sales folk) that cold call at your door asking about windows etc. You tell them no yet they come the following week and ask the same - **** OFF

I am getting old!!

Folk mainly women that wait for a bus to come and only once on the bus do they look for bus pass, money in their bags.

People who pay at a really busy bar with a card for a round of drinks, then there is trouble with machine running slow or reading their card and it takes twice as long as a cash transaction. Take cash if you going to the pub for a bevvy!!!

Being called Sir about fifteen times in one transaction by shop assistants.

Controversial one but propaganda that appears, usually on Facebook and the like, proclaiming women who are morbidly obese as projecting a 'positive body image'. I'm not talking about perfectly healthy women who are size 14, 16 etc. I saw an article the other day proclaiming a lady who was 5'3", 24 stone and a size 26 as an excellent role model for young girls. Utter nonsense, she's no more a positive role model 're body image than a size zero model with an eating disorder.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People who approach a roundabout in the right lane to go straight on (read the highway code !!!) People in big German diesels that think they have fast cars and you shouldn't get past them. And people who fail to acknowledge you when you give way to them both when driving or walking

Controversial one but propaganda that appears, usually on Facebook and the like, proclaiming women who are morbidly obese as projecting a 'positive body image'. I'm not talking about perfectly healthy women who are size 14, 16 etc. I saw an article the other day proclaiming a lady who was 5'3", 24 stone and a size 26 as an excellent role model for young girls. Utter nonsense, she's no more a positive role model 're body image than a size zero model with an eating disorder.
    Totally agree,, an advert got banned because a model was too skinny , you don't see loose women getting banned because they are too fat !??

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Folk mainly women that wait for a bus to come and only once on the bus do they look for bus pass, money in their bags.

People who pay at a really busy bar with a card for a round of drinks, then there is trouble with machine running slow or reading their card and it takes twice as long as a cash transaction. Take cash if you going to the pub for a bevvy!!!

Being called Sir about fifteen times in one transaction by shop assistants.
    Haha I inform them I work for a living therefore am not a sir .,

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Drivers coming to a roundabout seeing the lanes are clearly marked yet they still can get it right.

Drivers in general with no lane discipline and don't signal.

****ing tractors on the road between half four and five every day and the driver refuses to pull over when safe to prevent a massive tailback.

Souped up scabby wee motors with massive exhausts that are worth more than the car.

Standing waiting to get served in a queue at the shops and some auld man taps you on shoulder and says 'I've only got one thing and everyone else has let me in' I tell him he can wait behind me and I get dogs abuse for not being respectful enough!

Folk that bump their big F off vans etc onto the pavement and on doing this forcing folk to walk on the road.

The same companies (and sales folk) that cold call at your door asking about windows etc. You tell them no yet they come the following week and ask the same - **** OFF

I am getting old!!
    Do you drive a big German diesel Aldo 😀