hibs.net Messageboard

Page 184 of 428 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    TV adverts for make-up cleansing products which don't clean any of the overly made up models' make up.

They look more made up after they've used the make-up cleansing product.

FFS.

And I didn't make that up.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The lack of puns since the world cup properly started.

Terrible shame.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    People that wear baseball caps but tuck their ears into them

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    When you look up the meaning of a word or phrase on the Net and the derivation is claimed to be American whether it actuually is or isn't. The sole reason being that US researchers think that the American War of Independence was the beginning of the world. i.e. Genesis.

When a pc programme updates and changes all your personal settings to default.

Russell Kane, bellend, My dad's a racist, thats my routine finished.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 01-07-2018 at 08:11 AM.

When you ask a hipster a question they start off with So.

Who started that then?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Not being able to sleep despite the fact I've been awake for over 20 hours. Still in nightshift mode.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When you go to Liverpool for a stag do, join up with them at 6pm only to see the stag absolutely blootered and taken home at 7pm!

@hibs.net private member
    I blame Australian soaps...

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When the taxi driver rings your doorbell at 04:30 in the morning to take you to the airport and you've no ****ing clue why because your company didn't let you know you're needed to do a flight to Corfu but managed to book you a taxi.

The ‘we’re happy so we’ll spoil things for everyone else’ brigade.

Was down at Portobello beach yesterday, just myself and my daughter. We got a nice spot and it was great. There was a wee group playing volleyball, some folk walking their dogs, bairns playing and having fun, old folk sitting looking content with ice creams and others just walking and enjoying a nice day.

There was almost an audible intake of breath when we heard the loud, braying voices approaching. The faux middle class voice of a mother who scolds her child so everyone can hear but doesn’t actually tell them off. ‘Ben please don’t kick sand at that dog’, ‘now what have we learned Ben?, ‘Ben, Ben darling please leave that mans towel alone if you don’t mind’, ‘are we going to learn from this Benny?’. Then Mummy, Ben, who I took to be Dad and 4 other kids spread themselves out and started running amok, whilst others kids were playing and having fun this crew were like a hurricane tearing through the beach; all played out to Mothers life lessons soundtrack. The final straw was when Daddy produced a rugby ball and Ben and siblings lined up about 40 yards apart and started kicking it to each other with inevitable results. At least 3 people or their stuff got hit in the 1st 2 minutes and very soon people who had been quietly enjoying each other’s company and watching the world go by started to pack up and move on. I’m not sure if it occurred to this family that on a busy beach they suddenly found themselves with acres of space to themselves.

Bens lesson for the day was probably that behaving in an ignorant, arrogant and self entitled manner gets you exactly what you want.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ‘we’re happy so we’ll spoil things for everyone else’ brigade.

Was down at Portobello beach yesterday, just myself and my daughter. We got a nice spot and it was great. There was a wee group playing volleyball, some folk walking their dogs, bairns playing and having fun, old folk sitting looking content with ice creams and others just walking and enjoying a nice day.

There was almost an audible intake of breath when we heard the loud, braying voices approaching. The faux middle class voice of a mother who scolds her child so everyone can hear but doesn’t actually tell them off. ‘Ben please don’t kick sand at that dog’, ‘now what have we learned Ben?, ‘Ben, Ben darling please leave that mans towel alone if you don’t mind’, ‘are we going to learn from this Benny?’. Then Mummy, Ben, who I took to be Dad and 4 other kids spread themselves out and started running amok, whilst others kids were playing and having fun this crew were like a hurricane tearing through the beach; all played out to Mothers life lessons soundtrack. The final straw was when Daddy produced a rugby ball and Ben and siblings lined up about 40 yards apart and started kicking it to each other with inevitable results. At least 3 people or their stuff got hit in the 1st 2 minutes and very soon people who had been quietly enjoying each other’s company and watching the world go by started to pack up and move on. I’m not sure if it occurred to this family that on a busy beach they suddenly found themselves with acres of space to themselves.

Bens lesson for the day was probably that behaving in an ignorant, arrogant and self entitled manner gets you exactly what you want.

I hate these type of people, think they're better than everybody so everyone else must accommodate them and put ip or shut up... You can tell these types a mile off as you hear them calling out their children names louder than anyone else. Example, Tobias, Tobias come here please or Lolly, Lolly, dont do that come and sit with mummy and daddy. Just **** off you ****s and take your brat kids with you as well.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Cling film boxes. Stuff's been around for ****ing years and the packaging is still rubbish.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Another hotel one.

People (my wife)who take far too long reading the beakfast menu. FFS . It's a fairly basic menu in most places and you have most likely been looking forward to it since you went to bed the night before so you know what you are having.

They'll read it for ages while the waiter stands there thinking "another clown" then order a full Scottish/English.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Another hotel one.

People (my wife)who take far too long reading the beakfast menu. FFS . It's a fairly basic menu in most places and you have most likely been looking forward to it since you went to bed the night before so you know what you are having.

They'll read it for ages while the waiter stands there thinking "another clown" then order a full Scottish/English.

Breakfast is for wimps.

The importance some folk give to the view from their hotel room.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Cling film boxes. Stuff's been around for ****ing years and the packaging is still rubbish.
    https://youtu.be/6k64CzEbR4g

(you may lose the will to live before you get to the good bit)

Another packaging one, this time on toiletries/bathroom products. Do the makers of this stuff not realise that most of the time the consumer will be trying to open a new shampoo bottle/shower gel/mouthwash with wet hands?!! It's all peel here, tear there and the worst offenders are those ones where you're meant to twist the nozzle anti-clockwise to make a pump bottle work.....and it just doesn't!

Pavement parkers, I understand the reason why in some neighbourhoods folk have to get two wheels on the pavement in order to enable sufficient space on the road. This is quite normal where the opposite side of the street also has cars parked. What I hate is the four wheels on the pavement merchants who don’t care about prams or wheelchairs getting past.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Pavement parkers, I understand the reason why in some neighbourhoods folk have to get two wheels on the pavement in order to enable sufficient space on the road. This is quite normal where the opposite side of the street also has cars parked. What I hate is the four wheels on the pavement merchants who don’t care about prams or wheelchairs getting past.
    You're right. It's bad for the pavement as well by dislodging paving slabs which then require repair.

But it's clear from the amount of vehicles you see doing this that the authorities don't give a flying one.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You're right. It's bad for the pavement as well by dislodging paving slabs which then require repair.

But it's clear from the amount of vehicles you see doing this that the authorities don't give a flying one.
    The footway parkers should be made to pay for the reinstatement of them whether it be broken flagstones or depressed blacktop.Footways are not designed for wheel loads.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    When i was a childminder this was my biggest bugbear. Council vans were the worst. I often phoned the police or council about it. The drivers couldnt give a toss that i was having to take a buggy and young walkers on the main road to get round their vans. If it was a car i used to push the buggy through the space and hit the mirrors or scratch the car deliberately. I had many an argument with irate owners..

For those concerned about pavement parking:

https://www.scottishlegal.com/articl...-scotland-bill

Left by mutual consent!
    People that enjoy DIY.

Specifically the ****s who instead of getting work done as soon as possible decide to drag it out month after month turning the hammering, drilling, banging, sawing into modern day Chinese torture methods without giving so much as a baker's **** for the neighbours.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Agreed! The guy next door to me is constantly at it and the best part is that his house is a ****hole, his garden is a building site. They were sitting in the back garden getting some sun next to the kitchen sink the other day.

A couple of years ago he built a concrete monstrosity for a shed and the whole thing came tumbling down after a few days.

Being on the outside of an "in" joke.

Left by mutual consent!
    Men that take karaoke seriously.

Avid (being kind) Posters on the world cup thread , posting constant drivel. On and on it goes, get a ****ing life.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Men that take karaoke seriously.
    Karaoke generally, just chuck 2 quid in the jukey!