hibs.net Messageboard

Page 183 of 427 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 12789

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

50 is the new 20. If i want to wear ripped jeans and say but at the end of every sentence I will!
    Yeah but, no but, surely 60 is the new 20 :-0

Know wot a mean

:-)

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post

50 is the new 20. If i want to wear ripped jeans and say but at the end of every sentence I will!
    Cool, dude.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cyclists on the canal towpath who don't ring on approach.
    When you're out walking you have to keep checking behind.
    Mind you, it's getting that way on the pavements too. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Cyclists on the canal towpath who don't ring on approach.
    Perhaps they don't have your number. :-)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    😂

The amount of anti English drivel I hear spouted in pubs when the World Cup is on. I completely accept we are the auld enemy and don't expect any support from a rival but the reasoning and pish that is spouted to justify it is tiresome and indeed in some cases just childish. Grown men grouping together like a playground posse what a bunch of sad bustrads.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Hey you should be in showbiz!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The amount of anti English drivel I hear spouted in pubs when the World Cup is on. I completely accept we are the auld enemy and don't expect any support from a rival but the reasoning and pish that is spouted to justify it is tiresome and indeed in some cases just childish. Grown men grouping together like a playground posse what a bunch of sad bustrads.
    The worst is the complaints about the commentators, as if we have completely impartial commentators when Scotland play.

Was driving out to Alloa through Oakley yesterday, and some guy had the Scottish flag flying in his back garden, along with the flags of the other teams in England's group.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I love a bit of banter about football but there's a line that some people seem oblivious to. My partner is English and I've heard some of the ***** aimed at her when football is involved, including sadly at a Hibs game. Inevitably it tends to be when drink is involved.

I think a lot of folk either don't realise or just don't car they are doing it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Try being the only Scot in an English regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I love a bit of banter about football but there's a line that some people seem oblivious to. My partner is English and I've heard some of the ***** aimed at her when football is involved, including sadly at a Hibs game. Inevitably it tends to be when drink is involved.

I think a lot of folk either don't realise or just don't car they are doing it.
    Not all Hibbies are nice. Quite a lot are horrible. Like everywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The worst is the complaints about the commentators, as if we have completely impartial commentators when Scotland play.

Was driving out to Alloa through Oakley yesterday, and some guy had the Scottish flag flying in his back garden, along with the flags of the other teams in England's group.
    See, I find that quite funny.

It's silly and it's light-hearted.

There is some genuinely vindictive stuff out there that has no place.

My biggest problem with the whole England Scotland thing is that we aren't good enough at taking what we dish out ourselves, and we can't understand how hypocritical 99% of the stuff we say is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Try being the only Scot in an English regiment.
    Not sure what relevance that has to my experience to be honest. Pretty sure there will be plenty of banter without any malice from your comrades in arms. I have been the only Englishman in plenty of similar work related positions it doesn't compare to what I described, the banter from work colleagues is great.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 25-06-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Not sure what relevance that has to my experience to be honest. Pretty sure there will be plenty of banter without any malice from your comrades in arms. I have been the only Englishman in plenty of similar work related positions it doesn't compare to what I described, the banter from work colleagues is great.
    You'd like to think so. It was all banter providing there was no alcohol involved but the masks came off once the beer started flowing. My understanding of banter is that it goes back and forth, tit for tat. However that wasn't the experience I made amongst this particular Mackem regiment I was attached to. Can't remember the amount of times I had to physically defend myself after being assaulted for the heinous crime of being Scottish.

Of course that doesn't make your experience any better but if you'd believe some on here then you'd think that the Scots were the only aggressor.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Hotel restaurants that serve their condiments in packets.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

You'd like to think so. It was all banter providing there was no alcohol involved but the masks came off once the beer started flowing. My understanding of banter is that it goes back and forth, tit for tat. However that wasn't the experience I made amongst this particular Mackem regiment I was attached to. Can't remember the amount of times I had to physically defend myself after being assaulted for the heinous crime of being Scottish.

Of course that doesn't make your experience any better but if you'd believe some on here then you'd think that the Scots were the only aggressor.
    That sounds pretty horrendous, I certainly wasn't suggesting that Scots are the only aggressors that can take this form particularly when alcohol and football is involved.

Your experience sounds far worse than anything I have ever experienced. Disgusting mob mentality from trained soldiers is deplorable.

That sounds pretty horrendous, I certainly wasn't suggesting that Scots are the only aggressors that can take this form particularly when alcohol and football is involved.

Your experience sounds far worse than anything I have ever experienced. Disgusting mob mentality from trained soldiers is deplorable.
    I didn't think for a moment you were Scouse and I only added my experience for balance. My experience wasn't just a bigot thing, there was probably a cap badge element to it too. People can be right dicks when they're in a group and feel untouchable.

Companies who can't keep their promises. I ordered a caravan last summer and was promised I'd have it by May this year. It's been built and is sitting at the manufacturer waiting to be delivered to the dealer but they can't find any transport company to deliver it. I'm absolutely livid because the holiday has already been paid for. Ferry tickets for me and the vehicle and flights for the wife and kid. Not to mention the thousands I've spent on equipping the damn thing for the holiday. :grrr

Companies who can't keep their promises. I ordered a caravan last summer and was promised I'd have it by May this year. It's been built and is sitting at the manufacturer waiting to be delivered to the dealer but they can't find any transport company to deliver it. I'm absolutely livid because the holiday has already been paid for. Ferry tickets for me and the vehicle and flights for the wife and kid. Not to mention the thousands I've spent on equipping the damn thing for the holiday. :grrr
    Sorry to hear that mate - that's ridiculous. Simple Procedure court claim would be the next step if it were me I reckon - not sure if there's something similar in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    See, I find that quite funny.

It's silly and it's light-hearted.

There is some genuinely vindictive stuff out there that has no place.

My biggest problem with the whole England Scotland thing is that we aren't good enough at taking what we dish out ourselves, and we can't understand how hypocritical 99% of the stuff we say is.
    Yeah, I agree; if I saw that I'd laugh and I'd imagine most England fans I know would find that quite funny too.

Re: the abuse stuff, there's obvious a line between abuse and banter which is usually self-policed within a mixed group. As has already been said though, what some people think they can get away with in mob mentality is, quite literally, criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate - that's ridiculous. Simple Procedure court claim would be the next step if it were me I reckon - not sure if there's something similar in Germany?
    That will be my next course of action. First I'll give them the chance to lend me a replacement for the holiday.

A pet hate I wasn't fully aware of until recently. Packet of some foodstuff with a "tear here" instruction. Tear here you say? Right here? Seems simple enough, Ok I'll just start tearing here then and....aaawwwww heck.... Latest one is those multipacks of porridge, cos my boy likes them from breakfast. Try to separate 2 of them without tearing into a pack, go on I dare you!!

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    A pet hate I wasn't fully aware of until recently. Packet of some foodstuff with a "tear here" instruction. Tear here you say? Right here? Seems simple enough, Ok I'll just start tearing here then and....aaawwwww heck.... Latest one is those multipacks of porridge, cos my boy likes them from breakfast. Try to separate 2 of them without tearing into a pack, go on I dare you!!
    Similar to this; the wee folds on packets of bacon, ham etc that are supposed to open the whole packet when you pull it but in reality just take the full outside rim of the packaging off so you need to get wired in with a knife or scissors to actually open the packet.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Lying in bed about to fall asleep and the wife asks me where I am working in the morning . WTF?

She also does this with jobs that are needing done in the house.

Drifting off to sleep as she'll say "oh , bathroom cabinet door needs fixing "

Drives me Absolutley insane.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Lying in bed about to fall asleep and the wife asks me where I am working in the morning . WTF?

My Mrs does that as well, think it's a sign that I'm good company though because when she's sleeping I'll do anything I can to keep the place quiet so as not to wake her, so I can get some peace

I think there's a sensor somewhere that lets everyone in the house know when my arse has hit the sofa, because I can't go more than a couple of minutes without someone shouting for something.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

I can see a lot of people on here posting a "Me2".

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I can see a lot of people on here posting a "Me2".
    The way they can ask "are you sleeping" just as you are about to be. I try to ignore it but it's usually followed by a wee nudge.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The way they can ask "are you sleeping" just as you are about to be. I try to ignore it but it's usually followed by a wee nudge.
    My Ex used to do that regularly

@hibs.net private member

It could be her trying to keep you awake so she falls asleep first and doesnt hear you snoring!!! Shes being nice, i just used to kick mine
    Last edited by Jay; 27-06-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Similar to this; the wee folds on packets of bacon, ham etc that are supposed to open the whole packet when you pull it but in reality just take the full outside rim of the packaging off so you need to get wired in with a knife or scissors to actually open the packet.
    Or the cellophane tops of mini tomato or grapes containers that pull off leaving a jagged design still attached.

I dunno how else to describe it!