hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 427 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Nurses who are asked to do Spirometry but know absolutely nothing about it.
    Doctors too.

Had my boy at the docs a few years ago with a chest infection. I took him instead of his mum as the same doctor had tested him with a peak flow meter and decided he had asthma and prescribed inhalers etc.
    I know he does not have asthma as I tested him myself. Anyway , Doctor performs a peak flow in my presence then tells me it's very low for his age . I asked , in his opinion what it should be , what's the predicted for his age? He then says there are no predicted sets for children !
    Good grief, Deary me.
    Yes there are predicted sets for kids and I had to show him where to find them.

So , my boy doesn't have Asthma

Scraping the barrel now for pet peeves
    Last edited by sleeping giant; 12-07-2015 at 05:55 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

When you buy something like a pizza and decide after looking at the colour coded guide on the packaging that it isn't too bad for you.

You then take a closer look and the 50% of your recommended daily saturate intake is actually for some stupid amount like "per quarter pack" which you wouldn't realistically have.

People who talk about other people like you should know who they are. Ie telling a story 'then jimmy went into the pub etc etc' and who is jimmy??

Testimonial Due
    When people call each other babe. Such a cringey term.

The persona people build themselves on social media, when in reality they're nothing like it.

Tight-fisted people who hate spending money. Loosen up you miserable twats. Can understand that most people need to budget to an extent, but some take it too far regardless of their circumstances.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 13-07-2015 at 04:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Radio presenter today reported a player had inked a one year contract.......FFS he SIGNED it so why not just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When people call each other babe. Such a cringey term.

The persona people build themselves on social media, when in reality they're nothing like it.

Tight-fisted people who hate spending money. Loosen up you miserable twats. Can understand that most people need to budget to an extent, but some take it too far regardless of their circumstances.
    Once had some miserable twat in our group proclaim on entering the pub first "it's not my round, I got the last round last night"

People who stand right on my shoulder when queuing and when I take a step forward to create a bit of space so do they! Beginning to think I need to change my aftershave as none of these offenders, male or female, are in anyway attractive!

There's an abandoned Rover sitting in the big lay by as you head over the Forth road bridge.

It's been there for weeks and it's starting to annoy me.

Trains. Got kicked off the train to Ayr yesterday in Johnstone because of the weather. Its July and 2015 FFS. You've got to wait 2 hours for a bus to take you the rest of the way and then that bus is gonna stop at every train station the train would have stopped at so its gonna take a while. Aye right, I'm off back home.

Contractors,you call them out to give you a price for a job and you're met with- Ooh this is gonna be difficult,hard, confined space,maybe take two men blah,blah,blah. FFS I don't give a toss, just give me a price or tell me you can't or don't want to do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Contractors,you call them out to give you a price for a job and you're met with- Ooh this is gonna be difficult,hard, confined space,maybe take two men blah,blah,blah. FFS I don't give a toss, just give me a price or tell me you can't or don't want to do it.
    ....... and the contractors who come, tell you how good they are, enthuse about the job in question and promise a detailed quote in the next couple days ............ then disappear into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Places that blatantly and unashamedly rip you off by charging ridiculous prices for stuff. We were in Callander on Sunday, stopped in a cafe for lunch. The youngest wanted a salad which was nice quid and came as a pile of grated cheddar cheese, one sliced tomato and a couple of wee bits of cucumber. The shop next to it was selling I've cream cones for £3.
    Easter Road is bad for it with anything you buy from the caterers, the Hydro in Glasgow is a disgrace for it too.
    Last edited by matty_f; 14-07-2015 at 08:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Hoovers. As soon as you pick them up they sprawl all over the room. The hose goes one way, the nozzle bit unhooks itself and crashes to the floor and the electric cable winds itself round a chair.

And the bag is always full.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Places that blatantly and unashamedly rip you off by charging ridiculous prices for stuff. We were in Callander on Sunday, stopped in a cafe for lunch. The youngest wanted a salad which was nice quid and came as a pile of grated cheddar cheese, one sliced tomato and a couple of wee bits of cucumber. The shop next to it was selling I've cream cones for £3.
    Easter Road is bad for it with anything you buy from the caterers, the Hydro in Glasgow is a disgrace for it too.
    Predictive text is another of my pet peeves.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Same herd

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Mine too! Thematic kebab!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    When you ask someone a question in text format like an e-mail or text message and they respond with 'Ok thanks' or something to that effect. Whether that's because they didn't read your message properly or they're purposely ignoring it, both are equally as annoying,

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Aye, and I was ticked of at the car park charges too. Callander isn't exactly Disney-effin-land.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    People who stand right on my shoulder when queuing and when I take a step forward to create a bit of space so do they! Beginning to think I need to change my aftershave as none of these offenders, male or female, are in anyway attractive!
    With you on this one.

Starting to think my sense of personal space is larger than most peoples??

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    With you on this one.

Starting to think my sense of personal space is larger than most peoples??
    Don't move to the continent if that is the case!! People's spacial awareness and concept of what personal space is are totally out of whack vs. the UK!!

People who walk into moving traffic and then get annoyed when you blow your horn :-)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who walk into moving traffic and then get annoyed when you blow your horn :-)
    Drivers who, when you're waiting on them to go past so you can cross the road behind them, slow down as they go past you. Petty erseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Drivers who, when you're waiting on them to go past so you can cross the road behind them, slow down as they go past you. Petty erseholes.
    Ha yeah, thinking about it that happens quite often.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    0844 or 0845 phone numbers. Why don't they just have a normal phone number? I had to phone the hibs ticket number today, I gave up after 20 mins and £1.40 later.

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    People who post pictures of their latest meal on Instagram. Why, just why??

Can almost understand if it looks particularly nice or is from a fancy restaurant... But I seen one the other day of a messy looking barbecue spare rib with some onion rings and chips on the side. Made me feel sick looking at it.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    People selling stuff on Gumtree, Facebook, etc, who feel the need to add NO TIMEWASTERS! at the end. Do they think this will dissuade actual timewasters?

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    People selling stuff on Gumtree, Facebook, etc, who feel the need to add NO TIMEWASTERS! at the end. Do they think this will dissuade actual timewasters?
    I think that's just the Gumtree equivalent of this thread.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    0844 or 0845 phone numbers. Why don't they just have a normal phone number? I had to phone the hibs ticket number today, I gave up after 20 mins and £1.40 later.
    I don't phone any of those numbers. If everybody did the same the companies would go back to 'normal' phone nos.
    Same with ticketmaster. They can shove their tix up their jaxy. I rather not go to a concert/game than give these robbers one penny.

Can't be bothered looking for it but someone mentioned walking poles/sticks.
    Maybe they give people confidence.

Left by mutual consent!
    Haha happyhibbie .. That's a Belter of a reason if you've meant it.. Having seen that post.