hibs.net Messageboard

Page 177 of 428 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 12813

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im a mover, I'm pretty tall and if I have to sit beside someone I don't want to wedge myself in as I'd be on their knee, so I end up doing this half arse on the seat thing so as soon as a seat comes free I'm off
    But this one moved from sitting beside someone to sitting beside someone! He was very tall right enough and im kinda not. Maybe it was a space thing. I may forgive him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    But this one moved from sitting beside someone to sitting beside someone! He was very tall right enough and im kinda not. Maybe it was a space thing. I may forgive him
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned this here before, but I remember sitting on an empty bus at the terminus, when a woman got on and sat right beside me. Odd, I thought, but expected a wee conversation with her. She didn’t say a word and got off ten minutes later without even a glance in my direction. Spooky!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned this here before, but I remember sitting on an empty bus at the terminus, when a woman got on and sat right beside me. Odd, I thought, but expected a wee conversation with her. She didn’t say a word and got off ten minutes later without even a glance in my direction. Spooky!!!
    That happens to me a lot. Dont get why people sit next to me when theres empty seats.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it is an unconscious desire to link with someone on their own.

There was a programme recently about an African country where being on one's own was anathema

and a total stranger would sit close to you and not say anything. Just so you are not on your own.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I think it is an unconscious desire to link with someone on their own.

There was a programme recently about an African country where being on one's own was anathema

and a total stranger would sit close to you and not say anything. Just so you are not on your own.
    Tynecastle - season 2020/21.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    I’m confused about what’s cringe about this, am I missing something?
    Nope, just a personal thing. I’ve an endless list of words and expressions like that. In this case the over used term of “binging” tv programmes.

Even something being “cringe” as opposed to making you cringe is one of them.. ;)

By the way I’m not saying people are in the wrong by using them.. just a “pet peeve” :)

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Another pet peeve of mine...when you're out for the day with your partner and having stopped by a nice wee hostelry for a drink and a smoke in the designated smoking area you receive a volley of unprovoked abuse from a younger person because they don't smoke.

Probably read one of your infamous deadline day threads.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Probably read one of your infamous deadline day threads.
    Those threads have never been the same since Fenlon left.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Nah don't, now I've heard the full story he's just weird haha

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    UFC fans who "whooooo" constantly during a fight.
    I would hate to go over to fight and be stuck beside one of those assholes
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Sitting on the bus and someone moves from sitting beside someone else to sitting in the empty seat beside me! Whats that all about? Stay where you are!!!
    Something funny going on there.

I often have to get up and go downstairs on the bus because of the incessant mobile phone chatter. The oldies on the bottom deck are better behaved.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    DVDs when you can watch on Bluray. Just no.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Something funny going on there.

I often have to get up and go downstairs on the bus because of the incessant mobile phone chatter. The oldies on the bottom deck are better behaved.
    I am.an oldie on the bottom deck!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Ladies day at Musselburgh, most certainly not "ladies" at the end of the day. Horrendous sights

I am.an oldie on the bottom deck!
    In that case, forgive me for plonking myself down beside you. Unlike some mentioned on here, I won't immediately start farting, I promise!

Left by mutual consent!
    Ladies day at Musselburgh, most certainly not "ladies" at the end of the day. Horrendous sights
    One of my guilty pleasures is looking at the Daily Mail articles on "Ladies" days and filling myself with smugness at how far above them I am.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    People that don’t take trolleys back when they’ve put their shopping into their cars at supermarkets.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact that central Florida has turned into a riff raff with a bit of cash version of Benidorm.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    People that don’t take trolleys back when they’ve put their shopping into their cars at supermarkets.
    Massively gets my goat, as do those that do but they can't be bothered to file them properly. Should be shot, lazy ********.

You only have to look at the line up of throbbers in the ironically named 'King of Style' competition to see why Ladies Days are best avoided.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    The fact that central Florida has turned into a riff raff with a bit of cash version of Benidorm.

Ive been to florida several times over the last 25 years, and have had the misfortune of being on the same flight with ********s numerous times, as well as seeing many British morons whilst there.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Ive been to florida several times over the last 25 years, and have had the misfortune of being on the same flight with ********s numerous times, as well as seeing many British morons whilst there.
    Excuse my ignorance but is central Florida basically Orlando?

I go there Wednesday and every chance I’m the sort of rif raf being discussed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    In that case, forgive me for plonking myself down beside you. Unlike some mentioned on here, I won't immediately start farting, I promise!

Under my own rules (currently being reconsidered) i won't be able to move anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but is central Florida basically Orlando?

I go there Wednesday and every chance I’m the sort of rif raf being discussed.
    Yes.

Inclusion within the riff raff grouping depends on whether you went pre 2003ish or if you previously visited riff raff venues in Europe and now have a bit of spare cash to hit International Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Yes.

Inclusion within the riff raff grouping depends on whether you went pre 2003ish or if you previously visited riff raff venues in Europe and now have a bit of spare cash to hit International Drive.
    Unfortunately I meet the latter criteria although the spare cash bit is up for debate, my wife’s been in charge of saving for it and it’s been a diet of bread and water for about 6 months.

FWIW I’m seeing this as a very different holiday to my usual jaunts to Spain and I’ve no intention of getting pished in British bars or the hotel every day.

Well I say that now, I’m not committing to anything......,

Holiday snobs.

We had a baby last year and have started sticking a wee bit aside every month for a trip to Florida in a few years when she’s old enough to appreciate it. Unfortunately I don’t own a time machine so I’m unable to transport my family planning back to 2002 nor am I infinitely wealthy so dropping a few grand at the drop of a hat to do what we want to do isn’t an option.

If my presence annoys those ‘we’ve been here before don’t you know’ types then all the better as far as I’m concerned.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Holiday snobs.

We had a baby last year and have started sticking a wee bit aside every month for a trip to Florida in a few years when she’s old enough to appreciate it. Unfortunately I don’t own a time machine so I’m unable to transport my family planning back to 2002 nor am I infinitely wealthy so dropping a few grand at the drop of a hat to do what we want to do isn’t an option.

If my presence annoys those ‘we’ve been here before don’t you know’ types then all the better as far as I’m concerned.
    Ironically, I was going to reply to a post of yours on another thread re Musselburgh Races and inferring some of the clientele may or may not be "numpties" and for a split second felt the same way you seem to be coming across now.
    Fact of the matter is I only go to the races for what was the Edinburgh Cup with a good group of mates, I don't gamble any other time of year and I budget to lose money, not to win. Screw them all, I enjoy my day out.
    As for Florida/Orlando, I don't get the Benidorm with money attitude. Having been to both more than once, Orlando is NOTHING like Benidorm and for what it's worth if people pay however much it is and enjoy themselves with their loved ones,,,, does it really matter?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Whilst I'm here, the irresponsible use of ECV's, Electric Conveyance Vehicles.
    I was in the Gyle shopping centre today and one guy was in an ECV and was belting out up an down, weaving in and out all the the other shoppers.
    Whilst the availability of mobility scooters can only be a good thing for those that require them, it levels their disability and grants them a semblance of independence, but there surely must be rules on how they're used.
    When in busy areas they must be limited to "walking" speed, the guy today was careering around faster than I can run and appeared to think he was on the dodgems at the fair and was holding no quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Ironically, I was going to reply to a post of yours on another thread re Musselburgh Races and inferring some of the clientele may or may not be "numpties" and for a split second felt the same way you seem to be coming across now.
    Fact of the matter is I only go to the races for what was the Edinburgh Cup with a good group of mates, I don't gamble any other time of year and I budget to lose money, not to win. Screw them all, I enjoy my day out.
    As for Florida/Orlando, I don't get the Benidorm with money attitude. Having been to both more than once, Orlando is NOTHING like Benidorm and for what it's worth if people pay however much it is and enjoy themselves with their loved ones,,,, does it really matter?
    Nothing wrong with enjoying a day at the races and a bet and drink with your mates, it’s a big part of the day out.

It’s the no self control, sick in the handbag, offering a square go to anything that moves minority that are, in my opinion, numpties. Ladies Day seems to bring more of them out than any other day, including the other big Saturday meetings. It’s nothing to do with ‘class’ either. Royal Ascot is a sight to behold, guys blowing more than I earn in a month on Champagne then going boxin with each other whilst their designer clad girlfriends stumble about on the sidelines.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Nothing wrong with enjoying a day at the races and a bet and drink with your mates, it’s a big part of the day out.

It’s the no self control, sick in the handbag, offering a square go to anything that moves minority that are, in my opinion, numpties. Ladies Day seems to bring more of them out than any other day, including the other big Saturday meetings. It’s nothing to do with ‘class’ either. Royal Ascot is a sight to behold, guys blowing more than I earn in a month on Champagne then going boxin with each other whilst their designer clad girlfriends stumble about on the sidelines.
    I once broke up 2 guys in top hats who were fighting each other at Royal Ascot.

It really is mental.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!