hibs.net Messageboard

Page 171 of 428 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's roadworks outside my work, so a narrow corridor to walk along between temp fencing. This morning, 3 folk walking towards me, side by side by side, spread out and taking up the whole width of the path...aye nae bother I'll just squeeze myself against the fence so yous can keep taking up the whole ****ing pavement. Ignorant *******s.
    It's the same with those slow-walking young mothers pushing a pram with her mum toddling along beside them taking up the whole footway width.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It's the same with those slow-walking young mothers pushing a pram with her mum toddling along beside them taking up the whole footway width.
    Heading for Mimi's Bakehouse no doubt!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That reminds me - cyclists
    In fairness I lived in the Netherlands where everyone does so I'm not the tight shorts ****ers who believes he's Chris Hoy and owns the road.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    There's roadworks outside my work, so a narrow corridor to walk along between temp fencing. This morning, 3 folk walking towards me, side by side by side, spread out and taking up the whole width of the path...aye nae bother I'll just squeeze myself against the fence so yous can keep taking up the whole ****ing pavement. Ignorant *******s.
    This is par for the course in The Netherlands where everyone will expect women with prams, people in wheelchairs, elderly folk etc all to move onto the road as they claim the entire width of the pavement.

I tried to accept it as a part of their culture but it was the type of Dutch patter that was leading me to a nervous breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    In fairness I lived in the Netherlands where everyone does so I'm not the tight shorts ****ers who believes he's Chris Hoy and owns the road.
    And there lies the problem.

The "I can do what the hell I want but all other road users must abide by the rules" Brigade.

Keyboards that switch off the number pad!!!!!!!!!!11111

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Getting a packet of Extra Strong Mints and when you open them the packet opens right down the seam so is practically useless.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People referring to Dunfermline as “Dunfy”.

What’s that all about?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    People referring to Dunfermline as “Dunfy”.

What’s that all about?
    At least it's reducing the number of syllables, unlike the 'abbreviation' dubyadubyadubya which doubles it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Going for an internal job posting and having to go through an interview with HR.

Usually some noddy who has never had a job outside of HR so doesn't have a clue what he's meant to be looking for or asking about, has no idea what the job will actually require, but as he holds the keys to the next stage he has developed some god complex and lords it over everyone.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Those strictly secret adverts on the wireless late at night. Encouraging people to have affairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Those strictly secret adverts on the wireless late at night. Encouraging people to have affairs?
    What station is this? My mate was wondering.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My mate too.😇

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    What station is this? My MATE was wondering.
    Your partner was wondering Ditch her ffs.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    My mate too.😇

Well I listen to 1548 Forth am and absolute radio 1215 am in the car and I hear it on those stations.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Going for an internal job posting and having to go through an interview with HR.

Usually some noddy who has never had a job outside of HR so doesn't have a clue what he's meant to be looking for or asking about, has no idea what the job will actually require, but as he holds the keys to the next stage he has developed some god complex and lords it over everyone.

Colleagues who’ve bitched and complained about our job for years and been lazy *******s putting in the bare minimum and piss poor work, then now that we’ve just been put into collective consultation to reduce our numbers significantly, are now bemoaning that they might lose a job they now suddenly enjoy, and demanding that the company will find a solution that is tailored specifically to ensuring their continued employment.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Colleagues who’ve bitched and complained about our job for years and been lazy *******s putting in the bare minimum and piss poor work, then now that we’ve just been put into collective consultation to reduce our numbers significantly, are now bemoaning that they might lose a job they now suddenly enjoy, and demanding that the company will find a solution that is tailored specifically to ensuring their continued employment.
    I remember regularly going to a local store where the servers would fart around looking busy but actually were doing nothing. Meanwhile customers would be queuing for ages to be served. One day they had a petition pinned up asking customers to sign it as the owners had decided to close the store. Normally my name would be first on the list regarding this type of request however, in this instance, I passed.

My work is full of jokers like this.

We had no real policy on phones in the workplace, there was an unwritten rule of fair use but don't take the piss. Some folk tore the erse out it so phones were banned except on breaks and for emergencies. Those who ****ed it up for everyone moaned the loudest.

There was no restrictions on internet use. Some folk spent all day online shopping, reading the Daily Mail celeb pages and checking Facebook so internet use was restricted. Guess who made the biggest fuss.

We get an hour for lunch, some folk go bang on time then stroll back 10-15 minutes late. When there was a meeting about this they were the most offended at actually being expected to work their hours.

The list could go on for pages. Some of them spend so long thinking about ways to skive and work so hard to do it they would be better just doing the job they are paid to do, it would be less effort.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Plumbs who like to take advantage of all the benefits provided by the Union but are too principled to put their hands in their pockets and actually fund the service provided.

My work is full of jokers like this.

We had no real policy on phones in the workplace, there was an unwritten rule of fair use but don't take the piss. Some folk tore the erse out it so phones were banned except on breaks and for emergencies. Those who ****ed it up for everyone moaned the loudest.

There was no restrictions on internet use. Some folk spent all day online shopping, reading the Daily Mail celeb pages and checking Facebook so internet use was restricted. Guess who made the biggest fuss.

We get an hour for lunch, some folk go bang on time then stroll back 10-15 minutes late. When there was a meeting about this they were the most offended at actually being expected to work their hours.

The list could go on for pages. Some of them spend so long thinking about ways to skive and work so hard to do it they would be better just doing the job they are paid to do, it would be less effort.

You could be describing some of the folk I work with, always on the look out for a way to do less, then take offence when they’re asked to actually do their job, and when review time comes around and they get less than they think they should, and accuse the folk who do well (me, amongst others) of either being pally with managers or having been given some kind of mythical ‘opportunities’ that they weren’t and that’s why I’ve unfairly been scored higher than them. Naw, you’re just a lazy selfish ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Plumbs who like to take advantage of all the benefits provided by the Union but are too principled to put their hands in their pockets and actually fund the service provided.
    There's a few. And they even take annual leave when there's a strike too.

Dunno if this has been mentioned but the misuse of the words ‘effect’ and ‘affect’ does my head in...it's really not that difficult.
    And don’t get me started on the ‘loose’/‘lose’ confusion...they’re not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Dunno if this has been mentioned but the misuse of the words ‘effect’ and ‘affect’ does my head in...it's really not that difficult.
    And don’t get me started on the ‘loose’/‘lose’ confusion...they’re not even close
    What about the misuse of their? Not sure if it's they're fault or if there just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What about the misuse of their? Not sure if it's they're fault or if there just stupid.
    Definately/definitely!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Definately/definitely!
    You're forgetting "defiantly",,, seen that A LOT in lieu of definitely on social media,,,, maybe it's autocorrect, maybe it's ignorance!?!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    You're forgetting "defiantly",,, seen that A LOT in lieu of definitely on social media,,,, maybe it's autocorrect, maybe it's ignorance!?!

Or the teeth grinding.... should OF, instead of should HAVE

@hibs.net private member
    Or the teeth grinding.... should OF, instead of should HAVE
    Where vs were is another that’s becoming popular. Not sure how like - they don’t sound a like.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Where vs were is another that’s becoming popular. Not sure how like - they don’t sound a like.
    Lose and Loose does my head, in lost it a few times with this one.

New topic Snooky? “Grammar Police”

The worst of the lot is folk who confuse our and are.

I didn't even realise this was a thing but I've had various emails over the last few weeks from 2 different people each mentioning 'are business', 'are house' and 'are restaurant'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The worst of the lot is folk who confuse our and are.

I didn't even realise this was a thing but I've had various emails over the last few weeks from 2 different people each mentioning 'are business', 'are house' and 'are restaurant'.
    It’s madness ; are house, at the bottom of the street 😄