hibs.net Messageboard

Page 165 of 428 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The wifes friend religious?
    No and the card features a pair of little fluffy tailed bunnies rather than a cross or a big boulder!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    People who don't put the divider on the belt at supermarkets after loading their things on.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    No and the card features a pair of little fluffy tailed bunnies rather than a cross or a big boulder!

Roaster!!

Masterchef

'Mark from Yorkshire is going to be cooking duck with a bramble sauce, nutmeg mash potatoes, cailiflower puree and roast carrots'

'It sounds ok but it's a bit safe'

'Narong, originally fron Bangkok but now living in London will be making a classic Phad Thai'

'Oh it's so vibrant and exciting, a real risk if he doesn't get it right.'

Any dish that comes from outside the UK is hailed as super exciting, even a casual street food Thai staple for example. It's like we are still in the 60s and we are all living on bread and dripping and wowed by exotic new flavours. I'd wager a hell of a lot of people have eaten Phad Thai or a variant of it in their lives. It's really not all that exciting.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Masterchef

'Mark from Yorkshire is going to be cooking duck with a bramble sauce, nutmeg mash potatoes, cailiflower puree and roast carrots'

'Narong, originally fron Bangkok but now living in London will be making a classic Phad Thai'

Any dish that comes from outside the UK is hailed as super exciting, even a casual street food Thai staple for example. It's like we are still in the 60s and we are all living on bread and dripping and wowed by exotic new flavours. I'd wager a hell of a lot of people have eaten Phad Thai or a variant of it in their lives. It's really not all that exciting.
    Also they flog to death the thing about Greg liking puddings 'oo I like me pud', 'oo that's sweet, even for me' 'did I mention I've got a sweet tooth'? . Aye you did ya baldy twat. Also each episode the contestants will be reminded that they need to take their cooking to the next level'. Someone will be described as needing to come 'out of their comfort zone and be a bit more adventurous'. The women in my family never miss an episode, even though it's the same thing every ****ing week.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Cyclists on paths who won't use their bell. Me and the dog just about got decapitated by some ersehole yesterday who suddenly swerves round us from nowhere. I'm sure he must have noticed the lack of eyes in the back of my head...

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Masterchef

I don’t like Masterchef but I love Masterchef Australia.

For starters (no pun intended), it doesn’t open with that cruddy ‘Spooks’ meets ‘Mastermind’ theme music. No, Masterchef Australia goes with a hi-nrg cheese house disco theme tune that sets the tone from the start - this isn’t about ponciness, this is about enjoyment!

There’s no ****y Sean Pertwee ‘heritage carrots braised in a port and thyme reduction’ commentary either, in fact no commentary at all.

The three judges are two chefs and a food writer, they’ve been doing it for years now. They go round the contestants and ask them what they’re making, then they eat it, then they judge it.

Typical scene:

Gary (judge): What you making there Shane?

Shane (contestant): Aw mate, it was a tough mystery box but I’m gonna try and combine the rhubarb, the clams and the carrots and hopefully it will all come together!

George (other judge): Good on ya mate, look forward to tasting it. Have you given yourself enough time though?

Shane: Jeez mate, I dunno. I’m under the pump but l’ll give it my best shot.

That’s pretty much how each episode and series goes but it is fantastically watchable and infinitely preferable to the UK version.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Masterchef

I also hate when they ask the contestants if they’ve cooked the dish before, and they say no. They’ve had the choice of any ingredients and they’ve chosen to cook something they’ve never done before! Surprise surprise they usually nail it.

United we stand here....

Hospital Parking charges.

****ing daylight robbery.

Taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Hospital Parking charges.

****ing daylight robbery.

Taking advantage of the vulnerable.

The parking charges are bad enough but the price of stuff in the shops there is nothing short of a disgrace.

My Mrs was in hospital for 12 weeks before my son was born, i naively assumes that if anything the shops and parking would be subsidised. How wrong I was.

Think I must have spent at least £700-£800 in that place between parking, the shop and the cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The parking charges are bad enough but the price of stuff in the shops there is nothing short of a disgrace.

My Mrs was in hospital for 12 weeks before my son was born, i naively assumes that if anything the shops and parking would be subsidised. How wrong I was.

Think I must have spent at least £700-£800 in that place between parking, the shop and the cafe.
    Absolutely. Mine is in just now. Staff have been amazing. She came in late Friday night and is looking at getting home tomorrow maybe. However parking and food is mental. Never mind I had to take leave from work to be there for her. Obviously the first concern is her but it's nothing short of criminal.

She's doing fine now btw. It was a worrying weekend. I didn't even know hibs had played never mind won on Saturday til about midnight Sunday.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Where does all that money go I wonder?

Left by mutual consent!
    People who shout on the phone in an office.

Marginally beaten by the people who start off at a normal tone and THEN START SHOUTING LIKE THIS AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE. They then start the next sentence at low volume AND THEN START SCREAMING HALFWAY THROUGH A WORD MID SENTENCE.

It's like Chinese torture.

Folk who are always full of big ideas and talk a great game but actually seem to do very little. Worse when people actually buy into their bull**** and hold them up as a big success story.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Grey's Anatomy

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk who claim to have experience of every single thing that is discussed. No matter what, they have been there/done it/know all about it/owned one/seen it before/are an expert on it. If you tell them you have been to the moon, tbey have been twice.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Folk who claim to have experience of every single thing that is discussed. No matter what, they have been there/done it/know all about it/owned one/seen it before/are an expert on it. If you tell them you have been to the moon, tbey have been twice.
    Oh, I know all about that, let me tell you.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Oh, I know all about that, let me tell you.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

You've been to tenerife and they've been to elevenerife type people, I know these daftys.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    You've been to tenerife and they've been to elevenerife type people, I know these daftys.
    I got there cheaper, I went to Fiverife

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I also hate when they ask the contestants if they’ve cooked the dish before, and they say no. They’ve had the choice of any ingredients and they’ve chosen to cook something they’ve never done before! Surprise surprise they usually nail it.
    I don't understand the interest in watching amateurs cooking something. If I was interested in cooking I'd buy a recipe book and try it myself, not watch somebody I don't know try to follow a recipe and then have their efforts denigrated by somebody who cooks or eats for a living. And as for the celebrity versions, if you were that famous you'd be too busy doing something to be available for 6 months filming with the BBC.

"These holidays go up to eleven" - Final Crap

A guy I work with has a cousin/uncle/aunt in every industry known to man - which apparently means that not only does he insert himself in every conversation by using the ‘my cousin is a dentist/recording executive/film producer/bin man/forensic examiner/head chef’ line, it also means that he is also an expert in all of these areas as well you can set your watch by him chiming in

The lack of manners from non brits. I normally take these things in my stride, but I’ve been taken aback by the ignorance and lack of manners by some people. I guess it’s just a British thing, but it bugs the hell out of me.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    The lack of manners from non brits. I normally take these things in my stride, but I’ve been taken aback by the ignorance and lack of manners by some people. I guess it’s just a British thing, but it bugs the hell out of me.
    It's been the hardest part for me living abroad, I used to think manners were a human thing but they seem to be restricted to the British Isles, I'm now at the point of tears if someone does anything that resembles decent manners.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    It's not just a British thing it's a cultural thing. There's a whole list of things that Brits do that other cultures find disgusting and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Grey's Anatomy
    A guilty pleasure of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    It's not just a British thing it's a cultural thing. There's a whole list of things that Brits do that other cultures find disgusting and rude.
    I know, but as someone that considers good manners to be important, I find it difficult to accept. I remember being in Munich a few years ago and the people there were unbelievably rude, but I had been told that would be the case so I was prepared for it. By the time we left I was getting right into the swing of things.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    It's been the hardest part for me living abroad, I used to think manners were a human thing but they seem to be restricted to the British Isles, I'm now at the point of tears if someone does anything that resembles decent manners.
    I was sitting at the pool bar with the family yesterday and my daughter went to the toilet. Some people arrived and sat at the next table, there wasn’t enough seats for them, so one of them walked over and took my daughters seat without asking. I asked for it back and there was no apology.

United we stand here....

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I know, but as someone that considers good manners to be important, I find it difficult to accept. I remember being in Munich a few years ago and the people there were unbelievably rude, but I had been told that would be the case so I was prepared for it. By the time we left I was getting right into the swing of things.
    I think the best recent example of cultural differences is the first McDonald's that was opened in Moscow. Russians avoided the place like the plague because they thought the smiling friendly staff were crazy because smiling and friendly isn't how normal people are in Moscow.

I did a weeks course on cultural differences in the business world and you'd be surprised at how many deals get blown out because British reps were considered to be extremely rude for doing something we consider to be polite.