hibs.net Messageboard

Page 158 of 424 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 12699

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Adults in a crowded place who insist on waving to each other and twisting into weird positions and jumping about to try and get each others attention.

I just about get it when kids are involved but adults who are aware each other are in attendance doing it is both weird and annoying. At the game on Saturday a group of guys in front of me spent most of the 1st half depserately trying to wave to their mates in the East. 'I think he's looking', 'they said they were at this end', 'jump up now he's looking this way'. What does is achieve?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Absolutely everything to do with the modern use of the phrase "cultural appropriation".

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely everything to do with the modern use of the phrase "cultural appropriation".
    Living under a rock as I do, I had no idea what you were on about until this news item regarding a recent talent show winner and their recent restyling,,,,
    I'm not sure what's more worrying, the fact that folk aren't allowed to style there hair in such a way as it might offend because they're "not from that cultural background" or the fact that the commentators seemed to have missed the fact that people have been stealing/borrowing/mimicking the fashions from around the globe for millennia.
    Tattoos, piercings, make up, branding,,,,even individual items of clothing, all copied from those that have walked before us.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Living under a rock as I do, I had no idea what you were on about until this news item regarding a recent talent show winner and their recent restyling,,,,I'm not sure what's more worrying, the fact that folk aren't allowed to style there hair in such a way as it might offend because they're "not from that cultural background" or the fact that the commentators seemed to have missed the fact that people have been stealing/borrowing/mimicking the fashions from around the globe for millennia.
    Tattoos, piercings, make up, branding,,,,even individual items of clothing, all copied from those that have walked before us.
    That is astonishing. Is that what it's come to? We might as well ban white soul singers while we're at it.

People at sporting events that recognise themselves on the big screen and proceed to jump about and wave like a mad man/woman. (It can be forgiven if a child does it).

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Living under a rock as I do, I had no idea what you were on about until this news item regarding a recent talent show winner and their recent restyling,,,,
    I'm not sure what's more worrying, the fact that folk aren't allowed to style there hair in such a way as it might offend because they're "not from that cultural background" or the fact that the commentators seemed to have missed the fact that people have been stealing/borrowing/mimicking the fashions from around the globe for millennia.

Crazy. This would have been perfect for the right to offend thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    People at sporting events that recognise themselves on the big screen and proceed to jump about and wave like a mad man/woman. (It can be forgiven if a child does it).
    Rugby fans do that especially. It must be because they are enjoying themselves I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Why do they always wave at the screen rather than in the direction of the camera?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Why have cars got bigger when I thought society had determined itself to become more environmentally friendly? We parked behind a new Mini yesterday which was bigger than our Toyota Yaris!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Why have cars got bigger when I thought society had determined itself to become more environmentally friendly? We parked behind a new Mini yesterday which was bigger than our Toyota Yaris!
    Fiat are taking the piss with the 500 range. I remember when you could change a wheel on one them without a jack. Some of them are the size of a Range Rover now.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People who moan about potholes in the roads and road works. You just can't make some people happy.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    When you’ve got a passenger in the car and they are sort of half singing along/half mumbling the words to the song on the radio.

Shut up and let me listen to the song instead of having to listen to someone that cannae sing drone along out of tune.

Thing that annoys me about that is I inevitably turn out to the the bad guy for being grumpy when either giving dirty looks or tell them to shut up when it’s them that’s being the nippy ones in the first place.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    People that get offended at the new Irn-Bru advert. Proper face palm stuff that. I think its funny and theres too many snowflakes out there.

New IRN-BRU Advert 2018 | Parents

Irn Bru issue apology over controversial new advert
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 21-02-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    People that get offended at the new Irn-Bru advert. Proper face palm stuff that. I think its funny and theres too many snowflakes out there.

The term 'snowflake'
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Desperate advertising, again.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Desperate advertising, again.
    Effective though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

There is an advert with almost the same strapline on every morning when watching Sky Sport News.

I don't remember what it's for but it appears to be "acted" by disabled people striving to be a can rather than a can't.

I'm not aware of any parents taking offence at that one.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    There is an advert with almost the same strapline on every morning when watching Sky Sport News.

I don't remember what it's for but it appears to be "acted" by disabled people striving to be a can rather than a can't.

I'm not aware of any parents taking offence at that one.
    I think it’s Samsung

United we stand here....

People saying the most obvious things during meetings, things I'd be embarrassed to say because they are so obvious. Some bosses seem to absolutely love this utter ***** though!!

Also people that can sit in meetings and talk about the most trivial point ever. Just had a meeting (as you may have guessed) about our new filling line at work and someone was complaining and asking about the colour of the coffee machine in the break room!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    Also people that can sit in meetings and talk about the most trivial point ever. Just had a meeting (as you may have guessed) about our new filling line at work and someone was complaining and asking about the colour of the coffee machine in the break room!!!
    I hate meetings at work in general.

I'd wager about 85% of the ones I have attended have been organised by someone wanting to avoid real work. Most of the content could have been discussed in 2 or 3 emails.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'd wager about 85% of the ones I have attended have been organised by someone wanting to avoid real work. Most of the content could have been discussed in 2 or 3 emails.

Also get the opposite at my work. Why have a 5 minute meeting face to face when 3 weeks of back and forth emails can drag things out for no reason other than it would mean someone having to actually organise themselves
    Last edited by McD; 22-02-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    That awkward silence after the "great to put a face to a name" moment with a colleague you've got f all to talk about with.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Yep, let's have a meeting to allow those people who can't manage their Inbox a chance to turn up late with obligatory Costa in hand, nod their heads a lot, stray off topic several times resulting in absolutely nothing being decided with the next folk knocking on the meeting room door waiting to get in.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That awkward moment when someone walks up to you, addresses you by name, shakes your hand and asks how you are doing and you haven't got a scooby who they are. Happened to me on Sunday, still trying to work out who he was.

Radio stations that announce a 'brand new' song by an artist that they have been playing for weeks if not months. My partner insists on having Forth 1 on in the car and they are particularly bad for this. Not only have they been playing it for weeks they also play the same song about 10 times a day.
    Forth 1 has went downhill rapidly the past 2 years. It used to have a good variety of old and new songs but seems to have slipped into the "24/7 top 40" niche that so many radio stations already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yep, let's have a meeting to allow those people who can't manage their Inbox a chance to turn up late with obligatory Costa in hand, nod their heads a lot, stray off topic several times resulting in absolutely nothing being decided with the next folk knocking on the meeting room door waiting to get in.
    Fed up leaving a meeting and having to ask for confirmation that there are no action points.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Forth 1 has went downhill rapidly the past 2 years. It used to have a good variety of old and new songs but seems to have slipped into the "24/7 top 40" niche that so many radio stations already have.
    That's because "popular" music has gone downhill as well. When you have charts made up from different sources and and artist with 6 songs in the top 40 that all sound the same. It was bad enough for a few years when all they played were talent show winners but when Ed Sheerin releases every song from his album as a single what chance do you have of getting a bit of variety.

Left by mutual consent!
    When someone posts a new chant and doesn't tell you the tune.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    People who moan about potholes in the roads and road works. You just can't make some people happy.
    ... whilst leading a campaign for the introduction of speedbumps.