hibs.net Messageboard

Page 157 of 206 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 6151

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #4681
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,918
    People who don't listen to a specific instruction because they think they know it all. They then go away and mess up the task you have given them because they never listened to you.

    These are the same people who read the first line of an email and totally miss the vital content of the rest of it.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 10-02-2018 at 07:55 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #4682
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,513
    Indian food that goes through you and comes straight out in the space of half an hour.

    Waste of money...and Iím hungry again.

  4. #4683
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who make no effort to work something out for themselves and then make no effort to retain the information when you show them how to do it. Woman in my work is always at it.

    'What formula do I use on Excel for this?'
    'How do I edit a PDF?'
    'How do I work out a margin from cost price?'
    'What supplier does that range come from?'

    Every single ****ing day. She's been in the job almost twice as long as me but seems to enjoy playing the class clown and having allowances made for her because of that.
    Christ don't get me started. I'm viewed as some sort of ******g Excel and Outlook expert because I'm the only one in our office with the savvy to just use Google to find the answer to the simplest questions of the exact genre you mention.

  5. #4684
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    196
    My wife cleaning the house on a Sunday.

    Bar staff polishing the bar around me long before closing time.

  6. #4685
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,694
    PowerPoint presentations that have been slung together at the last minute in an effort to disguise someone's total lack of preparation for a meeting. If you haven't done the work just call me to postpone, just don't waste my time with that pish!

  7. #4686
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,228
    Local newspapers predicting travel chaos for the area due to extreme weather when the forecast is saying something completely different.

    I understand it when national papers say this as thereíll probably be really bad weather somewhere but local papers getting it wrong is just lazy and probably down to them copying the story form the national papers.

  8. #4687
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,035
    People who are ungrateful and selfish pricks.

    im fortunate to work for a company who give their staff some really great perks. Having worked for a really **** company in the past who treated their staff like crap, Iím really grateful and aware of how lucky we are. It drives me up the wall when I hear colleagues and other staff bitching about how hard done by they are, how **** it is that another great benefit has been provided to us but the exact layout doesnít suit their face. Some examples:

    - we the business have arranged for all/any of you to be able to get this new piece of technology for you and your family to enjoy (not a work related bit of kit in any way), you can pay for it over 4 months rather than having to pay it all out in one go - cue multiple people bitching that itís shocking and disgusting that itís having to be paid over 4 months rather than 12/24/any other time frame they deem fit.

    - People complaining that although the company gives money per person towards a Xmas night out for teams/depts to organise, itís not enough and should be more.

    - ďI wouldnít pay for this perk if we didnít get it given to usĒ. - my response is usually to tell them to give up the perk then, since you wouldnít have it under other circumstances. Which is usually met with the righteous indignation of the perpetually complaining brigade.

    - why do we only get 50% discount on this, why do we have to pay anything at all? Iím staff, I shouldnít have to pay anything.


    absolutely selfish ********s

  9. #4688
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    people who tap their keyboards too loud.
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  10. #4689
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,694
    People (normally the secretaries at my work, and normally a Monday morning after the cleaner has been) who proclaim that their pc isn't working when, in fact, the power cable that plugs into the underside of their screen has simply slipped down a couple of millimetres.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-02-2018 at 10:49 AM.

  11. #4690
    When newspapers/BBC post "fact check" articles that are in reality just their opinions masquerading as independent fact with a nice side of smugness.

  12. #4691
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,918
    People who seem unable to judge the width of their own vehicle. They hold up everyone because they won't drive through a gap big enough for an even a bigger car/van.

  13. #4692
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,228
    Lurpak Ďspreadableí butter.

  14. #4693
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who seem unable to judge the width of their own vehicle. They hold up everyone because they won't drive through a gap big enough for an even a bigger car/van.
    I'm the one doing that. Sorry!

  15. #4694
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,255
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    People who are completely incapable of figuring anything out for themselves.

  16. #4695
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,694
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who are completely incapable of figuring anything out for themselves.
    How do you mean?

  17. #4696
    Radio stations that announce a 'brand new' song by an artist that they have been playing for weeks if not months. My partner insists on having Forth 1 on in the car and they are particularly bad for this. Not only have they been playing it for weeks they also play the same song about 10 times a day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  18. #4697
    Testimonial Due jabis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    old newhaven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,833
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you mean?
    What you on about ?

    The FACT that any irony emoji looks like sarcasm :agree

  19. #4698
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,313
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Radio stations that announce a 'brand new' song by an artist that they have been playing for weeks if not months. My partner insists on having Forth 1 on in the car and they are particularly bad for this. Not only have they been playing it for weeks they also play the same song about 10 times a day.
    Try absolute radio as a compromise, she always inists the radio is on and forth1 music is largley terrible on a loop tunes. Its on digital or mw. Hosts can be a bit iffy, but good tunes.

  20. #4699
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try absolute radio as a compromise, she always inists the radio is on and forth1 music is largley terrible on a loop tunes. Its on digital or mw. Hosts can be a bit iffy, but good tunes.
    I listen to absolute radio 90s in the car, but thatís cause Iím an old *******

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  21. #4700
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,255
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    When you need the toilet every time you're in a situation where getting to a toilet is going to be problematic.

  22. #4701
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,255
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk rushing to criticise Hibs and take some sort of moral high ground when there's a thread ripping Hearts. Just piss off, we know we're not perfect but the while point of petty point scoring is that it's ok to be unreasonable.

    Just stop taking the fun out of trolling the Hearts.

  23. #4702
    Scottish folk who move abroad and then love running down Scotland at every opportunity.

    I've a mate who lives in the south of France and he talks often about things he likes about where he lives now. He has a good job, decent weather for a large chunk of the year, decent football on his doorstep, big cities like Marseille and Barcelona less than 2 hours away etc etc. He's also honest that he misses things about Scotland. Local pubs and the pub culture being a big one.

    I've also got a friend in Australia and he loves to tell me how 'this is the best thing I ever did', 'I miss nothing about Scotland', 'everyone is so uptight there', 'anyone who doesn't do what I've done is small minded' etc etc.

    Funnily enough when speaking to a group of mutual friends the other week we all agreed that only one of them genuinely seems happy with the choice they made.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  24. #4703
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fife
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish folk who move abroad and then love running down Scotland at every opportunity.

    I've a mate who lives in the south of France and he talks often about things he likes about where he lives now. He has a good job, decent weather for a large chunk of the year, decent football on his doorstep, big cities like Marseille and Barcelona less than 2 hours away etc etc. He's also honest that he misses things about Scotland. Local pubs and the pub culture being a big one.

    I've also got a friend in Australia and he loves to tell me how 'this is the best thing I ever did', 'I miss nothing about Scotland', 'everyone is so uptight there', 'anyone who doesn't do what I've done is small minded' etc etc.

    Funnily enough when speaking to a group of mutual friends the other week we all agreed that only one of them genuinely seems happy with the choice they made.
    That's true.

    I live in Manchester now. Almost a year now and I love it. So does my partner. Manchester is a brilliant city and I have 2 of the biggest football clubs in the world in my door step and go regularly to both. We've just bought our first house together alongside her being in her dream job and I've just landed the job I've always wanted. It's worked out pretty damn amazing if I'm honest.

    Yet I miss home, not enough to come home and my life quality would likely be worse at this moment in time if we did, but I do.

    I miss family, especially my nephew and niece. My grandparents are older so they can't come down to visit and it's not the same on the phone. I miss my mates too who all have their own lives now too. Most of all I miss Hibs. None of these are enough to bring me home.

    I love Scotland and I miss it but I just have made a choice which is the right choice for my partner and I, which improves my life quality.

    I am however, sick of meeting Scots here who say "oh I've not been home in years, I left cos it's ****, I would never go back".

    I usually shut them up by just saying "I ****ing love Scotland mate. I moved for work". Watch their face drop when you say that.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  25. #4704
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true.

    I live in Manchester now. Almost a year now and I love it. So does my partner. Manchester is a brilliant city and I have 2 of the biggest football clubs in the world in my door step and go regularly to both. We've just bought our first house together alongside her being in her dream job and I've just landed the job I've always wanted. It's worked out pretty damn amazing if I'm honest.

    Yet I miss home, not enough to come home and my life quality would likely be worse at this moment in time if we did, but I do.

    I miss family, especially my nephew and niece. My grandparents are older so they can't come down to visit and it's not the same on the phone. I miss my mates too who all have their own lives now too. Most of all I miss Hibs. None of these are enough to bring me home.

    I love Scotland and I miss it but I just have made a choice which is the right choice for my partner and I, which improves my life quality.

    I am however, sick of meeting Scots here who say "oh I've not been home in years, I left cos it's ****, I would never go back".

    I usually shut them up by just saying "I ****ing love Scotland mate. I moved for work". Watch their face drop when you say that.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Similar to you, though I have lived here in Edinburgh now for 25 years (half my life), I love my life here and all that goes with it. Whenever I return to Liverpool (which is currently every couple of weeks due to family illness) I still refer to it as going home and absolutely love my time there.l made the choice to move because of my scottish wife, but anyone that tells me "you done tbe right thing geting out" gets told straight I stil love Liverpool the city.

  26. #4705
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,089
    Not being able to have a long lie at the weekend anymore.
    Always up for a slash before half 8 and can never get back to sleep.

  27. #4706
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,243
    When all the trolleys at the supermarket are full of other people's **** like receipts, brochures, vegetable leaves and endless amounts of other rubbish the previous user was too lazy to put in the bin.

  28. #4707
    @hibs.net private member TRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smedjebacken (Sweden)
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish folk who move abroad and then love running down Scotland at every opportunity.

    I've a mate who lives in the south of France and he talks often about things he likes about where he lives now. He has a good job, decent weather for a large chunk of the year, decent football on his doorstep, big cities like Marseille and Barcelona less than 2 hours away etc etc. He's also honest that he misses things about Scotland. Local pubs and the pub culture being a big one.

    I've also got a friend in Australia and he loves to tell me how 'this is the best thing I ever did', 'I miss nothing about Scotland', 'everyone is so uptight there', 'anyone who doesn't do what I've done is small minded' etc etc.

    Funnily enough when speaking to a group of mutual friends the other week we all agreed that only one of them genuinely seems happy with the choice they made.
    Sounds to me the boy in Australia is trying to convince himself rather than anyone else.

  29. #4708
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I went to get rolls yesterday morning and was met with people manhandling them to see if they were fresh then putting them back.
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  30. #4709
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    196
    That is foul behaviour! I understand your peeve.

    Similar to the old women who rush to the bread aisle as if there is another seventies style shortage.

  31. #4710
    When large minority positions are ignored.

    "Scotland voted no"
    "Scotland voted to stay in the EU"
    "France rejected the far right"

    It ticks me off when around a 3rd (or 45%) of votes are just ignored depending on the position of the speaker.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved