hibs.net Messageboard

Page 147 of 428 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who are always late for appointments and meetings then give a lame excuse about traffic etc.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    People who dont clean the cough medicine bottle.

the mrs who puts dirty clothes ON TOP of the basket, its not hard to lift the lid!

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I have the same argument with my boss every year

boss: it’s christmas jumper day on Friday/Thursday/whatever, everyone has to wear a Christmas jumper.
    me: I don’t own a Christmas jumper
    boss: that’s ok, just buy one
    me: you want me to spend my money on something I don’t want or need. No, you’re ok
    boss: just make one then, stitch some tinsel and baubles onto a jumper
    me: now you want me to ruin a jumper I already have, for no purpose other than you want me to wear it to suit you. Again, no thanks
    boss: stop being so miserable
    me: it’s not miserable to want to spend my money on what I want/need, and to keep the clothes I already have in reasonable condition.

i have no issue with Christmas jumper day, I enjoy a lot of the run up to Christmas, but being forced into what someone else deems to be fun and being called miserable because you don’t suit their tastes isn’t fun in my book.
    I get so frustrated with the whole charity at work thing. Dress down Friday pay a pound and dress like a tramp. Red Nose day is another. Buy the t-shirt, buy some homemade cake that tastes like ****, buy raffle tickets for a bottle of something that somebody found in the back of a cupboard. Then there are the ones who participate in everything and wonder why their work isn't done. If you want to collect for a charity just ask for a donation and let me get on with my work. Or alternatively put my income tax up to cover the shortfall in the services that charities provide for.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I get so frustrated with the whole charity at work thing. Dress down Friday pay a pound and dress like a tramp. Red Nose day is another. Buy the t-shirt, buy some homemade cake that tastes like ****, buy raffle tickets for a bottle of something that somebody found in the back of a cupboard. Then there are the ones who participate in everything and wonder why their work isn't done. If you want to collect for a charity just ask for a donation and let me get on with my work. Or alternatively put my income tax up to cover the shortfall in the services that charities provide for.
    This is it for me. Why the need to - sometimes quite literally - dress it up in fancy pish?. It's almost like they are too scared/ashamed to just be honest and front up.

If you're raising money for Cancer Research or whatever, then rattle a tin under my nose every so often.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    When every car in the work car park is pointing in the same direction except mine. OK it's not a pet peeve but there's definitely some sort of conspiracy against me.

IMG_20171220_152637.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When every car in the work car park is pointing in the same direction except mine. OK it's not a pet peeve but there's definitely some sort of conspiracy against me.

IMG_20171220_152637.jpg
    It's only a conspiracy if you're in first every morning.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Strong recommendation. Around carnival time it's illegal not to laugh at bad jokes and generally act like a nine year old.
    While living in the Netherlands I'd either lock myself in my house with the curtains closed and shutters down or leave the country altogether at carnival time, it seems to be seen as a license to be a total and utter prick for a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Home baking is the worst and to be avoided at all costs. You have no idea what state their kitchen is in, how many children have ‘helped’ add ingredients or whether they let their pets (cats) wander freely over their worktops. Just not worth the risk.

Left by mutual consent!
    The worst is when you are expected to cook something and bring it in. After 8 hours in an office with people I barely like at best, why the f would I go home knackered and spend hours cooking for said people?

It's the emails in office bull**** language that p me right off also..

"We know we have soooo many amazing cooks in our team so we've decided to have a Christmas buffet together and everyone can volunteer to bring in some delicious homemade delights!"

Translation

"Business isn't going so well so in order to help pay the CEO's 2 million pay package your Christmas night out is cancelled ."

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    The worst is when you are expected to cook something and bring it in. After 8 hours in an office with people I barely like at best, why the f would I go home knackered and spend hours cooking for said people?

It's the emails in office bull**** language that p me right off also..

"We know we have soooo many amazing cooks in our team so we've decided to have a Christmas buffet together and everyone can volunteer to bring in some delicious homemade delights!"

Translation

"Business isn't going so well so in order to help pay the CEO's 2 million pay package your Christmas night out is cancelled ."
    Christmas always brings out the worst in some people in the office.

Our resident bossy boots made a big announcement this year that she ‘absolutely would not’ be organising our office lunch this year. Someone else took it on and we all agreed we would just chuck in a few pounds and get an Indian. Cue Mrs Bossy Boots face tripping her for a week then an email from the boss saying ‘after consultation with some staff members it is felt a catered buffet is a more suitable festive option’. Coincidentally a ‘catered buffet’ is exactly what Mrs Bossy Boots has organised the last 3 years I’ve been there and for umpteen years before that and she ‘reluctantly’ agreed to organise at short notice so as not to ‘let everyone down’.

I went to the pub for a shandy and a pie.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The more people there are the less enjoyable it becomes. When I started my current job 11 years ago there were 5 of us (between 2 companies - Architects & Developers). Even as we gradually grew, Christmas and other dos were informal sessions and always a hoot. Now there are more than 50 of us and the social side has become a right royal plastic pain in the hoop.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Best thing to do at Christmas nights out is to not drink and take lots of videos.
    When you go back to work tell everybody your videos are hilarious. This will guarantee you a trouble-free year.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    Food lacking in structural integrity. You know, those kebabs and wraps where you take one bite and the whole thing disintegrates all over your hands. Had one from Pita Pit the other day. The sauce was all on one side so the bread was soggy there resulting in said disintegration upon but a single bite!
    Good shout!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The Evening Newspaper has no understanding of the size or location of districts in the city. Events and incidents mostly give a street name only with no indication of which part of the city. (This used to be Glasgow media issue only when reporting on Edinburgh)

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    The Evening Newspaper has no understanding of the size or location of districts in the city. Events and incidents mostly give a street name only with no indication of which part of the city. (This used to be Glasgow media issue only when reporting on Edinburgh)
    Let's be honest, The EEN is an horrendous excuse of a newspaper now.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Best thing to do at Christmas nights out is to not drink and take lots of videos.
    When you go back to work tell everybody your videos are hilarious. This will guarantee you a trouble-free year.
    Or an early grave!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Or an early grave!
    Aye, that too

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Youtube adverts. Site ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I can almost bear the "4 seconds and I'm out" ones but if they are any longer I quit immediately. As with all great ideas and inventions, the money grabbers dip their paws in and completely ruin it for everybody.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Adverts where the normal tone of voice suddenly changes to someone sounding like they are on the phone or talking through a megaphone. Usually at high volume and on local radio.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Even worse are the facebook ones, your half way through a video and a wee thing pops up saying 'advert will start soon' which means im not going to continue watching said video.

Left by mutual consent!
    I seem to always get the new Addidas Predator advert on YouTube which is just a guy screaming "WOAHHHHHH" in a croaky voice.

What infuriates me even more is the fact someone has been paid mega bucks to come up with that crap.

Use Ad blocke,r which seems to cut them out

Players covering their mouths so that lip reading fans cannae see what they're saying, bollocks!

Prima Donna footballers who scream and shout in referees faces, give them dogs abuse, but nothing ever done.

Wrapping xmas presents

Always ends up a mess, crumpled corners, folded ends different sizes one having a pointed end the other a square one. Wasted enough sellotape to wrap the forth bridge and it still doesn't hold together.
    My Mrs gives me my pressie that looks like it has been wrapped by someone with a PhD in present wrapping, whilst my one to her looks like it was done by next doors cat.

Folk who walk through a shop door then stop dead 1 stwp later either causing people to walk into the back of them or blocking everyone from getting through. If you aren't sure where to go then take a few steps and clear the door before stopping.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People leaving lights on unnecessarily. I’ve been off work one day and I’ve spent most of it going round rooms switching lights off in rooms that nobody has been in for ages.

One time last week every light in our house was on and I’m including bedside lamps. 🤬

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    People leaving lights on unnecessarily. I’ve been off work one day and I’ve spent most of it going round rooms switching lights off in rooms that nobody has been in for ages.

One time last week every light in our house was on and I’m including bedside lamps. 🤬
    I hope for your sake you don't live alone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I hope for your sake you don't live alone
    😂 fortunately/unfortunately I don’t.