hibs.net Messageboard

Page 146 of 427 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These spare ticket threads that pop up.

I don’t mind them but it’s the fact that people think there is some form of queue, and they can take up multiple spaces by asking for two or three tickets.

If I had two tickets spare I’d give one each to a member of this board who’s satisfied with only one. We are supposed to be a community after all so only really board members should be helped out.

Yeah you get the posts like "long shot I know but looking for 4 derby tickets" can anyone help? Well no actually they cant.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yeah you get the posts like "long shot I know but looking for 4 derby tickets" can anyone help? Well no actually they cant.
    I just don't understand why people would add to a thread like that. I almost get the point of the person starting the thread but if your the 10th person on that thread looking for 4 tickets, you're no getting one from here pal, why bother?

People who share utter pish on social media with no facts.

There's a picture doing the rounds at the moment of a lady who has fallen asleep with a child in a buggy next to her. She's '****', a 'junkie', a 'tramp', should have her child taken off her and 100s of other things.

Firstly if you were so concerned why would you take a picture rather than intervene. Secondly why would you choose to post said picture on Facebook rather than alert the relevant authorities. Finally you don't know that womans story. Maybe she is a single parent who is trying to balance work and raising a child and passed out from sheer exhaustion. Maybe she has had sleepless nights from some stess or worry in her life and nodded off unintentionally. Maybe she is a junkie or an alcoholic but you don't know the reasons why.

Facebook is the dreamland for the 21st century busybody.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who share utter pish on social media with no facts.

There's a picture doing the rounds at the moment of a lady who has fallen asleep with a child in a buggy next to her. She's '****', a 'junkie', a 'tramp', should have her child taken off her and 100s of other things.

Firstly if you were so concerned why would you take a picture rather than intervene. Secondly why would you choose to post said picture on Facebook rather than alert the relevant authorities. Finally you don't know that womans story. Maybe she is a single parent who is trying to balance work and raising a child and passed out from sheer exhaustion. Maybe she has had sleepless nights from some stess or worry in her life and nodded off unintentionally. Maybe she is a junkie or an alcoholic but you don't know the reasons why.

Facebook is the dreamland for the 21st century busybody.
    I absolutely hate this "trial by Facebook" ****. Pictures of people claiming they're thieves, child molesters or similar without any evidence to back up the claim. Most of it is probably fake and just vindictiveness from people that hold a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I absolutely hate this "trial by Facebook" ****. Pictures of people claiming they're thieves, child molesters or similar without any evidence to back up the claim. Most of it is probably fake and just vindictiveness from people that hold a grudge.
    Just had to deal with some staff who named colleagues on FB for laziness which erupted into a whole he said she said. Very nearly disciplinary except everyone calmed down. Nightmare tho as it started when someone replied to all instead of private message.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    It's well overdue for the shecht-stirrers and slanders/libellers to be charged and convicted for their malicious muckraking. Untold grief for the victims of their sick antics.
    Last edited by snooky; 15-12-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It's well overdue for the shecht-stirrers and slanders/libellers to be charged and convicted for their malicious muckraking. Untold damage being done to the victims of their sick antics.
    My 78 year old aunty has just discovered Facebook and is constantly sharing bull**** like this. It's absolutely cringeworthy but sad because otherwise she's a lovely old dear. It seems like the older generation are particularly gullible for fake news and other malicious propaganda.

My 78 year old aunty has just discovered Facebook and is constantly sharing bull**** like this. It's absolutely cringeworthy but sad because otherwise she's a lovely old dear. It seems like the older generation are particularly gullible for fake news and other malicious propaganda.
    My old dear wants to get into it as she doesnae get out the house much these days, I would describe her as very susceptible to similar nonsense.

My old dear posting on FB

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    My old dear posting on FB
    Do what I did, I blocked by Mum on FB for spouting pish

People in pubs that put 20p on the table when you’re playing pool and turn it into a winner stays on contest, inevitably they seem to think they’re at the crucibal (sorry don’t know the pool equivalent) as well.

I see a game of pool as social thing and don’t want to play against the local jakeball, if me and whoever I’m with get to the table first they should just wait their turn, like I’d have to if they got their first.

Hidden add-ons in to quoted prices.
    You know, the Ryan Air type of thing.
    "Fly to Tenerife for 5p" then when you finally book up it cost you £500.
    Likewise, I tried to hire a car for a few days at a quoted 'special offer' but the actual cost doubled when they added their 'strongly recommended' insurance cover.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Social media postings explaining that for environmental reasons and to save paper, people won't be sending Christmas cards and making a donation to charity instead.

Just be honest - you can't be arsed writing cards and there won't be any charitable donations.
    Such cynicism! 🙁

I haven't sent cards this year: I made a donation to a dog rescue instead. I put it on Facebook, not for attention or to proclaim my concern for the environment, but to merely give friends and relatives the heads up not to expect a card, and to share the plight of a wee rescue dog with a spinal problem that needs surgery.

The upshot of that is that two pals from work and my sister-in-law have all given me money for the same cause, and the rescue is now £100 better off thanks to a Facebook post.

I'll probably still send a few cards to some older relatives who don't use social media, but will probably never again spend £30/£40/£50 on stamps when the money could be put to much better use. (imho 😉)

To be honest, a good few of my friends have also made similar posts and I don't doubt for one second that any of them haven't donated as they have claimed. They've all picked charities I know are very close to their hearts.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The current Paddy Power advert. The most annoying ad ever.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    The current Paddy Power advert. The most annoying ad ever.

Bookies adverts in general. So many of them and most of them are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post

Bookies adverts in general. So many of them and most of them are awful.
    I like the nod to Gamble Aware at the end. "When the fun stops,stop...." said in a barely audible slur.

So genuinely meant! ****bags.

Blog Entries
    Winstone and Bet365 advocating ‘responsible gambling’ is a sick joke. If taken seriously they would be bankrupt in a few months.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The Christmas jumper. Wife had to buy one for work last Friday and daughter needed one for school yesterday. At one time they were favoured by the office clown or a trying too hard to be funny uncle, but now the Christmas jumper movement is at an epidemic level.

@hibs.net private member
    Forced fun. I like a laugh as much as anyone but hate it if someone tells me I should be having fun, e.g. Christmas jumper day or themed events in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Forced fun. I like a laugh as much as anyone but hate it if someone tells me I should be having fun, e.g. Christmas jumper day or themed events in the office.
    Never move to Cologne.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Never move to Cologne.
    Is that a recommendation or an order?

Artists on TV at New Year after the bells who sing their new single release or some other obscure song. Whatever happened to "A Guid New Year" and "A Wee Cock Sparra"?

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Artists on TV at New Year after the bells who sing their new single release or some other obscure song. Whatever happened to "A Guid New Year" and "A Wee Cock Sparra"?
    The TV at new year can have no complaints at finding itself on this thread.

I stay in at New Year now and have a few beers in the house, last couple of years though it's been a struggle making it to the bells. Why don't they show what's going on in Edinburgh? It's normally a ceilidh in some Glasgow bar and the reaction from the town square in Shetland or somewhere like that.

Surely to get the fun of a ceilidh you have to actually be there? Watching people you don't know doing it should never make national Tele, especially at the bells.

Hogmanay in general.Pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Is that a recommendation or an order?
    Strong recommendation. Around carnival time it's illegal not to laugh at bad jokes and generally act like a nine year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The Christmas jumper. Wife had to buy one for work last Friday and daughter needed one for school yesterday. At one time they were favoured by the office clown or a trying too hard to be funny uncle, but now the Christmas jumper movement is at an epidemic level.

I have the same argument with my boss every year

boss: it’s christmas jumper day on Friday/Thursday/whatever, everyone has to wear a Christmas jumper.
    me: I don’t own a Christmas jumper
    boss: that’s ok, just buy one
    me: you want me to spend my money on something I don’t want or need. No, you’re ok
    boss: just make one then, stitch some tinsel and baubles onto a jumper
    me: now you want me to ruin a jumper I already have, for no purpose other than you want me to wear it to suit you. Again, no thanks
    boss: stop being so miserable
    me: it’s not miserable to want to spend my money on what I want/need, and to keep the clothes I already have in reasonable condition.

i have no issue with Christmas jumper day, I enjoy a lot of the run up to Christmas, but being forced into what someone else deems to be fun and being called miserable because you don’t suit their tastes isn’t fun in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Hogmanay in general.Pile of crap.
    I could not agree more - I’ve always hated Hogmanay and more often than not I’m asleep at the bells. New Year’s Day is not much better and I’m happy when normality kicks in around the 3rd or 4th.

Hogmanay is the worst night of the year, New Years Day on the other hand is a great sporting/drinking day, only bettered by Boxing Day.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Hogmanay is the worst night of the year, New Years Day on the other hand is a great sporting/drinking day, only bettered by Boxing Day.
    Oh to be a dormouse and hibernate through all this Christmas & New Year crap.

Food lacking in structural integrity. You know, those kebabs and wraps where you take one bite and the whole thing disintegrates all over your hands. Had one from Pita Pit the other day. The sauce was all on one side so the bread was soggy there resulting in said disintegration upon but a single bite!