hibs.net Messageboard

Page 144 of 428 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 12824

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive already booked Jack and the Beanstalk at the Alahambra in Dunfermline for Christmas Eve. Very back row though

Every year I say I'm going to book the Kings but I forget.
    Been promising the family a box there for years :-)

Pantos are pish anyway, recommend going to the pub instead!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Songs in supermarkets and shops that are performed by ropey cover bands because there are obviously some royalties issues at play.

The version of Fairytale of New York I heard tonight actually in Tesco actually offended me. It offended music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Songs in supermarkets and shops that are performed by ropey cover bands because there are obviously some royalties issues at play.

The version of Fairytale of New York I heard tonight actually in Tesco actually offended me. It offended music.
    It wasn't the Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan version was it?

That should have seen them banned from ever recording music again.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Reminds me of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_of...record_series)

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Ive already booked Jack and the Beanstalk at the Alahambra in Dunfermline for Christmas Eve. Very back row though

Every year I say I'm going to book the Kings but I forget.
    Been promising the family a box there for years :-)
    Np, enjoy. I have to go wig work and am dreading it. Can't think of anything worse TBH.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Christmas Eve boxes and Elf on the Shelf.
    Christmas Trees up in November.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 05-12-2017 at 08:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I recommend going on YouTube and reading the comments section below that version of it.

United we stand here....

Both a peeve and a small victory in one here.

Firstly the peeve: People who moan, comment and tut away when a baby cries in public. Now I don't take my baby anywhere inappropriate. She doesn't go to the cinema or a funeral or anything like that. However I'm not willing to be a hermit for the next few years in case she makes a noise in public. Babies cry; they cry when they are hungry, they cry when they need changed, they cry if they are uncomfortable, they cry if they are in pain and they cry if you move 4cm in the wrong direction when holding them. It's pretty much their main way of communicating what they need and it's generally effective. We were out the other week and I was cold and I could sense baby was getting restless and she was nearing a feed time so we stopped at a coffee shop. Pretty much the second we got in she erupted. I'm becoming quite the expert at sorting things quickly so it was jacket off, bib on, muslin out, bottle ready and in mouth within no more than 90 seconds. That whole time the couple behind me where like something out The Exorcist as they twisted their necks to unnatural angles to see what I was doing all whilst muttering away things like 'terrible' and 'ridiculous'. I'm not totally sure what they thought they were going to achieve other than making a relatively stressful and potentially embarrassing situation even worse.

The small victory followed almost immediately. Whilst they had been so preoccupied with what I was doing the child of about 4 or 5 with them, I assume their Grandson, had decided to flick his soup off his spoon on to the table in front of him. I can only guess he was bored and deprived of attention as the busybodies with him stuck their nose into everyone else's business. He then took it a step further and flicked his soup over his shoulder where it landed on the hair and back of the lady behind him and also splattered her cream coat, when it happened a second time it's fair to say she was none too pleased and told his grandparents in no uncertain terms to pay attention to and be aware of what he was doing. I just about managed to resist the urge to mutter 'terrible' under my breath.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Karma!

Ha ha that was funny, would have loved to have been at a table nearby watching! (Out of soup range obviously )

Firstly the peeve: People who moan, comment and tut away when a baby cries in public. Now I don't take my baby anywhere inappropriate. She doesn't go to the cinema or a funeral or anything like that. However I'm not willing to be a hermit for the next few years in case she makes a noise in public. Babies cry; they cry when they are hungry, they cry when they need changed, they cry if they are uncomfortable, they cry if they are in pain and they cry if you move 4cm in the wrong direction when holding them. It's pretty much their main way of communicating what they need and it's generally effective. We were out the other week and I was cold and I could sense baby was getting restless and she was nearing a feed time so we stopped at a coffee shop. Pretty much the second we got in she erupted. I'm becoming quite the expert at sorting things quickly so it was jacket off, bib on, muslin out, bottle ready and in mouth within no more than 90 seconds. That whole time the couple behind me where like something out The Exorcist as they twisted their necks to unnatural angles to see what I was doing all whilst muttering away things like 'terrible' and 'ridiculous'. I'm not totally sure what they thought they were going to achieve other than making a relatively stressful and potentially embarrassing situation even worse.

The small victory followed almost immediately. Whilst they had been so preoccupied with what I was doing the child of about 4 or 5 with them, I assume their Grandson, had decided to flick his soup off his spoon on to the table in front of him. I can only guess he was bored and deprived of attention as the busybodies with him stuck their nose into everyone else's business. He then took it a step further and flicked his soup over his shoulder where it landed on the hair and back of the lady behind him and also splattered her cream coat, when it happened a second time it's fair to say she was none too pleased and told his grandparents in no uncertain terms to pay attention to and be aware of what he was doing. I just about managed to resist the urge to mutter 'terrible' under my breath.
    😂 Brilliant!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Ronan Keating is barely a poor pub karaoke singer. How he ever made it and is still going is amazing. I doff my hat to him.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I have to go wig work and am dreading it.
    Wig work? Are you in the panto? ;-)

Enjoying parenthood PB?
    Puts a different prospective on so much, I now take my wee girl for a treat to the local pub where she gets to sit up at the big table with me and we share our food, She's 2 and a half. I used to hate seeing kids in a pub, was a pet peeve but now I have joined the ranks of the proud parents. Still no place for them in the evenings in pubs, or me now sadly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Wig work? Are you in the panto? ;-)
    😁 thankfully not!

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Enjoying parenthood PB?
    Puts a different prospective on so much, I now take my wee girl for a treat to the local pub where she gets to sit up at the big table with me and we share our food, She's 2 and a half. I used to hate seeing kids in a pub, was a pet peeve but now I have joined the ranks of the proud parents. Still no place for them in the evenings in pubs, or me now sadly.....
    Wee kids in pubs after about 8pm = a total no no IMO. Otherwise, absolutely fine.

Talking of pub peeves, some dobber has just walked into the pub I'm in (in Paris right enough) dressed like Jamie Redknapp (ie 3 piece "going to a funeral" get up) and stood right between my table and the screen with the classic insouciance of someone with no awareness of what's around them.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Wee kids in pubs after about 8pm = a total no no IMO. Otherwise, absolutely fine.

Talking of pub peeves, some dobber has just walked into the pub I'm in (in Paris right enough) dressed like Jamie Redknapp (ie 3 piece "going to a funeral" get up) and stood right between my table and the screen with the classic insouciance of someone with no awareness of what's around them.
    "Every little sleeze seems to whimper Louise" - Maurice Chevalier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew2hbhAeNnc

The amount of bumph that comes through my letterbox and goes straight into the recycling bin. I'm thinking of putting a letterbox on my recyling bin and asking the postie to go straight to the bin.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Media over reaction/saturation re. celebrity deaths.

http://variety.com/2017/music/people...is-1202631646/

This is going to take "Princess Di" proportions across here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Actually, it's the Media's over reaction/saturation to every-bleeding-thing. They squeeze the last drop of interest out of every major event. A flock of vultures on a feeding frenzy with no sense of proportion or respect for anything or anybody.

On that similar topic. I totally loathe those scenes in movies where the character gets swarmed by the press as they come out of courtrooms or the like. It's so nyaff and cliched.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Sitting in an extraordinarily dull meeting with a bunch of Frenchies now. All seemed a bit put out by this news this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Sitting in an extraordinarily dull meeting with a bunch of Frenchies now. All seemed a bit put out by this news this morning.
    Now you know how it'll be in Englandshire when Sir Cliff kicks the bucket.

Left by mutual consent!
    People that take an industrial sized mug to the coffee machine at work and cause a mile long queue at 9am while they select ten times in a ****ing row "coffee" to fill up their ridiculous sized mug.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    People that take an industrial sized mug to the coffee machine at work and cause a mile long queue at 9am while they select ten times in a ****ing row "coffee" to fill up their ridiculous sized mug.
    also when they turn up at the water cooler with a 2L bottle and fill it up.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When you delete all your emails and return to the home screen to find that the wee bubble on the mail icon is still showing 20 emails.

United we stand here....

When Windows (or any other programme) updates and what used to take you one move now takes 10 + the advice of an IT expert. That's what they call progress apparently.
    (e.g. The Control Panel is accessed by having to 'search' for it in Windows 10 instead of it being readily available as previously). I'm sure that very bad Anglo Saxon word was invented solely to describe the designer/developers that create these unwanted complications.

@hibs.net private member
    On that similar topic. I totally loathe those scenes in movies where the character gets swarmed by the press as they come out of courtrooms or the like. It's so nyaff and cliched.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I actually get embarrassed by it. Last nights Holby City a prime example.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Matrix sign on the bypass. Got on at Eskbank last night where the sign said closed at Baberton use diversion. Didn't say Dreghorn closed too and expect queues at Baberton. Mile. long tail back at 11 at night

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Matrix sign on the bypass. Got on at Eskbank last night where the sign said closed at Baberton use diversion. Didn't say Dreghorn closed too and expect queues at Baberton. Mile. long tail back at 11 at night
    Or they'll say B456 closed. Like I've memorised every road no. in the country.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Penguins on Christmas wrapping paper and decorations.

WHat do penguins have to do with Christmas? I almost get polar bears as they live in an area relatively close to Santa Claus but penguins live about as far away from there as it’s possible to get. Is there some connection I have missed besides penguins live in the snow?
    This has never once came into my festive thinking, but since this post I've been seeing penguins jumping out at me from everywhere resulting in arguements with my wife and young daughters.
    Thanks for that - Christmas ruined...

People who live out their lives on facebook. Im on it to keep in touch with friends around the world not to check into every last single place i go or to thank someone for walking my dog! Can't you just say ta? Also the hospital check ins screaming for attention!