hibs.net Messageboard

Page 142 of 428 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few years ago I tried to open an account with the Clydesdale Bank and they wanted to know everything short of my inside leg measurement. I ended up walking out in disgust. I'm not sure if it was the bank or the regulations but, like Hibrandenburg, I felt that they didn't want me to deal with me.
    Its simply not cricket dear fellow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Its simply not cricket dear fellow.

Aye, just as well they didn't ask me to stump up.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    A few years ago I tried to open an account with the Clydesdale Bank and they wanted to know everything short of my inside leg measurement. I ended up walking out in disgust. I'm not sure if it was the bank or the regulations but, like Hibrandenburg, I felt that they didn't want me to deal with me.
    The Clydesdale were brilliant today. Once I told them I wanted to close my HSBC account the boy at the counter put me in a office where his colleague sat me down and went through the paperwork with me (10 minutes max). They even offered to close my HSBC account for me.

Left by mutual consent!

Nice one.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Motorbikes with no centre stand! WTF is that all about

I worked briefly for a major banking group. There is a deliberate strategy - which is openly admitted - to deprioritise in-branch service in order to force people online.

If there's one thing guaranteed to get on my wick its that sort of thing! :-)

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Just been out shovelling some grit on the road and pavements in my estate in somewhat chilly conditions and about 10 folk drove past. Only one gave me a thumbs up. No form of thanks or cheers from any others, just ignored and almost expected that someone else than them will do it - aye cheers right back at ye - suppose ite really more of a not getting thank for your work really

Quote Originally Posted by weedgiehibbie View Post
    Just been out shovelling some grit on the road and pavements in my estate in somewhat chilly conditions and about 10 folk drove past. Only one gave me a thumbs up. No form of thanks or cheers from any others, just ignored and almost expected that someone else than them will do it - aye cheers right back at ye - suppose ite really more of a not getting thank for your work really
    My old dear used to say, "If you do something more than twice, it becomes your duty."
    Let the selfish bleeders slide next time, I say.
    Last edited by snooky; 24-11-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Folk who drive like absolute lunatics in car parks. There's really no need to be driving at 25mph in a tight space with lots of pedestrians and other cars about. Some would do well to remember that give ways and other basic road rules still apply. Always seems worse at this time of year when the 'joy of Christmas' turns some people into selfish morons.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Modern jeans where the zip is only half as long as it should be. It takes ages to get my plumbing out and has caused a few near misses.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I know I’ll be in the minority here but I can’t be doing with the over the top rainbow laces campaign this weekend, everywhere I look I’m seeing these rainbow colours.

I personally don’t give a monkeys what sexuality any footballer is and I object to the assumption that football fans are all Neanderthals and therefore wouldn’t accept them ‘coming out’ so need to go to such over the top measures to prove something that I think should be obvious.

If there’s any gay footballers worried about coming out I think they’d do well not to jump to assumptions about how the average football fan will react, Imo the vast majority won’t care.

Rant over.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    That bearded weedgie twat in the cap that BT sport insist on wheeling out either side of an ad break in coverage of Scottish football. I'm not a violent man but I would happily punch that guy in the face.
    Last edited by Mr White; 26-11-2017 at 04:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When your long awaited Indian takeaway gets delivered and you find the order is wrong by a long way then having to phone them back up to get them to deliver the correct meal. Of course you eat the one that's already been delivered as a starter though!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I know I’ll be in the minority here but I can’t be doing with the over the top rainbow laces campaign this weekend, everywhere I look I’m seeing these rainbow colours.

I personally don’t give a monkeys what sexuality any footballer is and I object to the assumption that football fans are all Neanderthals and therefore wouldn’t accept them ‘coming out’ so need to go to such over the top measures to prove something that I think should be obvious.

If there’s any gay footballers worried about coming out I think they’d do well not to jump to assumptions about how the average football fan will react, Imo the vast majority won’t care.

Rant over.
    I agree, and they can shove Movember and dry January and any other gimmick they come up with.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I worked briefly for a major banking group. There is a deliberate strategy - which is openly admitted - to deprioritise in-branch service in order to force people online.
    Same when you phone companies , press all the required options to get to the required department to be met with a long detailed recorded message about how much easier it is to contact them online. They even spell out the web address.

Drives me nuts. It's like they think I've never heard of the Internet .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I worked briefly for a major banking group. There is a deliberate strategy - which is openly admitted - to deprioritise in-branch service in order to force peopleonline.
    There's where the problem lies. It's not about the customers needs, it's all about the companies wants. Great way to run a business.
    As I said before, as soon as some smart bank opens a branch near me, it will get all my business.

There's where the problem lies. It's not about the customers needs, it's all about the companies wants. Great way to run a business.
    As I said before, as soon as some smart bank opens a branch near me, it will get all my business.
    I wholeheartedly agree with the first part, but consumer behaviour drives business behaviour and efficient branch service is a lower priority for most customers than the financial bottom line.

Add in the cartel element of the financial services industry and people (rather than profit) matter less and less these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Modern jeans where the zip is only half as long as it should be. It takes ages to get my plumbing out and has caused a few near misses.
    I'm howling.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    If there's one thing guaranteed to get on my wick its that sort of thing! :-)
    The puns on this place really do bowl me over at times.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    The puns on this place really do bowl me over at times.
    I was quite proud of that one, I'm glad someone spotted it! I thought my delivery had deceived everyone! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I was quite proud of that one, I'm glad someone spotted it! I thought my delivery had deceived everyone! :-)
    Not at all, HH. I was creasing myself too.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk that take dives at work and shaft you!

@hibs.net private member
    Folk that are “fans of gin” and go to lengths to explain that different gins taste different. No they don’t - sticking a cucumber in it doesn’t alter it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People that can't recognise the different tastes of gins and don't understand how to compliment that taste with different mixers and fruits etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    People that can't recognise the different tastes of gins and don't understand how to compliment that taste with different mixers and fruits etc.

We are now entering the realm of upper middle class 1st World problems. That said, I agree. Once you move past the Gordons, the range of gins and what goes with what type of gin is vast and rather bewildering.

"Hendricks with cucumber and black pepper please" barman is the cry from yours truly.

Grannies walking 4 abreast in confined spaces like airports and tut tutting about folks being in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    We are now entering the realm of upper middle class 1st World problems. That said, I agree. Once you move past the Gordons, the range of gins and what goes with what type of gin is vast and rather bewildering.

"Hendricks with cucumber and black pepper please" barman is the cry from yours truly.
    "Beat it ya fanny" is the cry from the barman.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    "Beat it ya fanny" is the cry from the barman.

Hahaha, depending on the establishment in question the answer would either be that or "yes Sir, that'll be ££££££££££ please"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

I bet it still tastes like gin though.

My mate got an expensive bottle for his 40th - I don’t mind a gin now and again so we cracked it open thinking this’ll be special.

Just tasted like gin though.