hibs.net Messageboard

Page 141 of 427 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    At the automated check out at Tesco and you're struggling to fit things into your bag and stuff is spilling out on to the floor and this bloody stupid voice keeps saying "this can now be placed in your bag"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Unnecessary bureaucracy / paperwork.

As part of a business loan application, I had to fill in a medical questionnaire. I broke my wrist in August so I had a lot more info than usual to give. They have my telephone numbers and email address, but I got home tonight to find this wee pile of paper waiting for me - simply to ask if it was my left or right wrist that was broken.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who won't answer yes or no.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who won't answer yes or no.
    Or people who are too frightened to make a decision

GGTTH

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    Or people who are too frightened to make a decision

GGTTH
    A little unfair to be peeved about people who are frightened, is it not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Maybes aye, maybes no. I can't decide.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Unless they are being paid to make decisions (eg. referees).

Nope. This thread is about the peeves the posters have - if you want to start making judgements on a peeve by peeve basis you'd best start a new thread.

Alternatively, if you actually read the post you commented on, you may realise your response was miles wide of the mark.
    The post was expressing a view on ditherers not frightened people.

*My pet peeve is the stupid comments some people post online.

@hibs.net private member

Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    My pet peeve is the stupid comments some people post online.
    LoL. Me too.

Edit to add: sorry I must have missed the bit in the rules where it says I shouldn't comment on someone else's post on this discussion forum. Apologies.
    Last edited by grunt; 21-11-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Cricket and everything to do with it. The paint-drying observers' sport.

The guy who burned the bails had the right idea.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Folk who don't understand that sports don't need to be finished in 60 to 90 minutes to be exciting!! :-)
    Love the cricket and even more so test matches

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Folk who don't understand that sports don't need to be finished in 60 to 90 minutes to be exciting!! :-)
    Love the cricket and even more so test matches

Fair enough, wch. We're all different.
    I hate cricket (it is a pet peeve thread you know).
    Howzat for you
    Last edited by snooky; 24-11-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Ketwigs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Unnecessary bureaucracy / paperwork.

As part of a business loan application, I had to fill in a medical questionnaire. I broke my wrist in August so I had a lot more info than usual to give. They have my telephone numbers and email address, but I got home tonight to find this wee pile of paper waiting for me - simply to ask if it was my left or right wrist that was broken.
    Ahhhhhhh France. How I don't miss that place sometimes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    At the automated check out at Tesco and you're struggling to fit things into your bag and stuff is spilling out on to the floor and this bloody stupid voice keeps saying "this can now be placed in your bag"
    I despise Tescos automated check-out - huge, multi-million pound organisation with a corner-shop system !. Doing my bit for the planet I always use my ruck-sack rather than plastic-bags but their system always has a problem either recognising the weigh of it/recognising the groceries I've scanned/recognising the groceries are now in my ruck-sack etc, etc ! Every time I'm in I have to get assistance in the automated check-out which kinda defeats their purpose - not just that, it takes *******'n ages for the bloody system to re-set itself after yet anther of it's faults !. Sadly it's the nearest option in my area, I'm an amputee so walking to the other super-markets is a task or I'd definitely be shopping elsewhere !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I despise Tescos automated check-out - huge, multi-million pound organisation with a corner-shop system !. Doing my bit for the planet I always use my ruck-sack rather than plastic-bags but their system always has a problem either recognising the weigh of it/recognising the groceries I've scanned/recognising the groceries are now in my ruck-sack etc, etc ! Every time I'm in I have to get assistance in the automated check-out which kinda defeats their purpose - not just that, it takes *******'n ages for the bloody system to re-set itself after yet anther of it's faults !. Sadly it's the nearest option in my area, I'm an amputee so walking to the other super-markets is a task or I'd definitely be shopping elsewhere !
    Scan all to bagging area then pack in rucksack after transaction completed. Never a problem with the Tesco one for me, don't get me started on the Morrisons one though.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Said it before but the approach road. It's a 40mph from the brewery to the fountain park complex!!!! ffs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Said it before but the approach road. It's a 40mph from the brewery to the fountain park complex!!!! ffs!!!
    Just be grateful that your masters haven't made it 20mph.

Having to go into a bank branch. You just know the 'customer service' system they use was thought up by someone who hasn't spent a day in a branch for about 25 years.

I was in the RBS at Musselburgh today. There was a queue of upwards of 10 people and it was out the door. They had one lady actually serving, one lady standing twiddling her thumbs by the automated pay in machines that no one was using and another lady walking up and down the queue asking what people were in for before answering to every single person she asked 'oh you'll have to wait to go to the counter for that'.

Now I'm no hot shot banker but I can see a pretty obvious way in which people could have been served significantly quicker. As it was I had to wait for 45 minutes to be served and by the time I left the queue was even longer than when I joined it. The only good thing is I'm so rarely in a bank that it doesn't effect me regularly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People putting sweetcorn in tuna mayo and selling it as tuna mayo.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Having to go into a bank branch. You just know the 'customer service' system they use was thought up by someone who hasn't spent a day in a branch for about 25 years.

I was in the RBS at Musselburgh today. There was a queue of upwards of 10 people and it was out the door. They had one lady actually serving, one lady standing twiddling her thumbs by the automated pay in machines that no one was using and another lady walking up and down the queue asking what people were in for before answering to every single person she asked 'oh you'll have to wait to go to the counter for that'.

Now I'm no hot shot banker but I can see a pretty obvious way in which people could have been served significantly quicker. As it was I had to wait for 45 minutes to be served and by the time I left the queue was even longer than when I joined it. The only good thing is I'm so rarely in a bank that it doesn't effect me regularly.
    That branch is shocking. RBS have closed so many branches in the that area that everyone has to go to that branch. There used to be one at Portobello and at Craigentinney, but they’re both gone. It’s either Musselburgh or Leith now.

United we stand here....

Alas, the RBS's mantra for closing branches is that less people are using them. That excuse is absolute bollocks. They told me walk-in customer nos. were down 11%. Okay, but why close the branch and piss off 89% of the customers? Unfortunately most other banks are doing the same. I've heard reports of 1 hour queues at the Musselburgh branch and I suspect the frustration will be similar at other branches. The distance to my 'local' branch has substancially increased twice in the past few years due to unwarranted closures.

The first bank that bucks the trend and opens a branch near me will get my full custom.
    Last edited by snooky; 24-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Idiots who overtake approaching blind summits in the dazzling early morning winter sunshine. Couldn't quite believe what I was seeing on the A68 this morning.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Like you, I put much of my shopping in my rucksack. For a long time, I just used to put the scanned items in the bagging area, then loaded my rucksack when I was done. One day I thought; why don't I just put my rucksack on, and load it directly... So I did. Then I took lifted out my bank card and loyalty card to pay. "An item has been removed from the bagging area...An item has been removed from the bagging area...."
    I wasn't going to be beaten. So i tried putting the bank card back. It wasn't having it. Swapped it for the loyalty card, to see if it was heavier. Nope.
    Nobody was coming to help and nobody was waiting, so I started substituting various items in my pockets for the cards. After about 10 minutes, it gave up (it might even have given a theatrical sigh) and let me buy my shopping. So I won. Sort of. In a 'not really' kind of way.
    I'm back to loading the rucksack after I've paid. I realise that's probably no use to you...just saying I know where you're coming from.
    Last edited by s.a.m; 24-11-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Like you, I put much of my shopping in my rucksack. For a long time, I just used to put the scanned items in the bagging area, then loaded my rucksack when I was done. One day I thought; why don't I just put my rucksack on, and load it directly... So I did. Then I took lifted out my bank card and loyalty card to pay. "An item has been removed from the bagging area...An item has been removed from the bagging area...."
    I wasn't going to be beaten. So i tried putting the bank card back. It wasn't having it. Swapped it for the loyalty card, to see if it was heavier. Nope.
    Nobody was coming to help and nobody was waiting, so I started substituting various items in my pockets for the cards. After about 10 minutes, it gave up (it might even have given a theatrical sigh) and let me buy my shopping. So I won. Sort of. In a 'not really' kind of way.
    I'm back to loading the rucksack after I've paid. I realise that's probably no use to you...just saying I know where you're coming from.
    Can't wait till the Telsas start competing for road space. Automation is definitely the way to go.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

I was in the Bank of Scotland today in Musselburgh. Similar situation.

All I wanted to do was open a new account. The guy at the front told me I'd have to make an appointment to open a new account, where I'll be given a briefing on banking including a 45 minute video. Getting out the army was easier, I went to the Clydesdale instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post

All I wanted to do was open a new account. The guy at the front told me I'd have to make an appointment to open a new account, where I'll be given a briefing on banking including a 45 minute video. Getting out the army was easier, I went to the Clydesdale instead.
    Haha, that is mental. We welcome your custom.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Tui and their pish advert.

Opening an account with the Bank of Scotland is a farce. I've had an account with them for a few years but had to go in and see them in relation to the account for .net and it was all a bit silly. Between missed appointments, they guy forgetting about us and watching a video (admittedly less than 45 minutes) it was like they didn't want to deal with us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

A few years ago I tried to open an account with the Clydesdale Bank and they wanted to know everything short of my inside leg measurement. I ended up walking out in disgust. I'm not sure if it was the bank or the regulations but, like Hibrandenburg, I felt that they didn't want me to deal with me.