hibs.net Messageboard

Page 140 of 424 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 12698

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Muppets, travelling at reasonable speed, giving you time to safely come out at a junction, who suddenly put the foot down till they’re up your erchie, flashing like lunatics.
    Had the very same at a roundabout today. Germans don't do roundabouts well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Christmas decorations and the total and utter fannies who have them up from early November. Christmas is now becoming a three month "religious festival". There are a few houses in my wee town who have had theirs up for more than a week now. This is nothing to do with Christmas, Christianity or even religion but just a big look at me. Knobheeds.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The little *******s who unsuccessfully tried to bump their taxi fare down at drylaw tonight. When they finally paid up they through a brick at the window as I was driving off. Luckily it hit the top of tge door or I would have ended up seriously injured. Still faced with the bill to get the damage fixed. That’s the last straw for me, no one should have to deal with that **** at work.
    Feeling pretty low right now.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The little *******s who unsuccessfully tried to bump their taxi fare down at drylaw tonight. When they finally paid up they through a brick at the window as I was driving off. Luckily it hit the top of tge door or I would have ended up seriously injured. Still faced with the bill to get the damage fixed. That’s the last straw for me, no one should have to deal with that **** at work.
    Sorry to hear that P, hope you're able to put it behind you and enjoy the weekend. There's some absolute ****bags out there right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Sorry to hear that P, hope you're able to put it behind you and enjoy the weekend. There's some absolute ****bags out there right enough.
    Cheers b. I’m thinking of selling up and moving on to something different. I don’t normally let this kind of thing bother me, but when I got out and seen how close the brick came to my window, it hit home how lucky I was.
    Im having a few beers tonight, and I’m looking forward to the game tomorrow. These idiots aren’t worth ruining my weekend over.
    Hope your well mate.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    As a bar owner I once knew said "People are sc*m."
    (He was referring to the ones that violated the toilets - although that's open to expansion).
    Nil Illegitimus Carborundum, LB.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    As a bar owner I once knew said "People are sc*m."
    (He was referring to the ones that violated the toilets - although that's open to expansion).
    Nil Illegitimus Carborundum, LB.
    Do you know what annoys me the most is that the first 2 taxi drivers refused to take them. I hate judging people on how they look. Some of the nicest people I’ve met at work have looked a wee bit dodgy. I can guarantee that most of the young guys from down that way are decent honest people. It’s ****s like the 3 I had today that spoil it for everyone.

United we stand here....

Do you know what annoys me the most is that the first 2 taxi drivers refused to take them. I hate judging people on how they look. Some of the nicest people I’ve met at work have looked a wee bit dodgy. I can guarantee that most of the young guys from down that way are decent honest people. It’s ****s like the 3 I had today that spoil it for everyone.

Could you install cameras or something, to put off/help identify, w4nkers of this type in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Could you install cameras or something, to put off/help identify, w4nkers of this type in the future?
    The youngsters don’t care mate. They had already got out and (eventually) paid me, so I have got no come backs unless the camera catches them in the act.

United we stand here....

You know what annoys me. Incidents like these could kick off a campaign that says no taxis will go to that area of town. This means that a few erchies cause pain and tribulation for everyone. You can apply that to the new alcohol law, the 20mph speed limits, the list is endless. We all are forced to take the punishment due solely to the dregs.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Maybe worth going to the papers with that, or the taxi drivers union if there is one. Get it out there that the area needs better policing to make it safer for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Maybe worth going to the papers with that, or the taxi drivers union if there is one. Get it out there that the area needs better policing to make it safer for all.
    I remember there being a thread on here about the young guys down there. I think it was silverhibee that started it. They don’t care, and they know that there’s pretty much no comeback for whatever they do.
    It’s probably the final straw for me, but I still believe that most people in that area are decent people.

United we stand here....

Jakey *******s. It’s crap when something like that happens but is it really the final straw?

Coincidentally, I had my side window put in a few days ago by kids throwing rocks. No repair bills for me and I was getting paid while I was sitting about waiting for back-up to arrive. Food for thought brer.

Cheers b. I’m thinking of selling up and moving on to something different. I don’t normally let this kind of thing bother me, but when I got out and seen how close the brick came to my window, it hit home how lucky I was.
    Im having a few beers tonight, and I’m looking forward to the game tomorrow. These idiots aren’t worth ruining my weekend over.
    Hope your well mate.
    Packed it in over 3 years ago and don't miss it at all. Far too many incidents in my last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Jakey *******s. It’s crap when something like that happens but is it really the final straw?

Coincidentally, I had my side window put in a few days ago by kids throwing rocks. No repair bills for me and I was getting paid while I was sitting about waiting for back-up to arrive. Food for thought brer.
    I was looking at jobs last night mate.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Packed it in over 3 years ago and don't miss it at all. Far too many incidents in my last couple of years.
    I don’t blame you mate.

United we stand here....

I was looking at jobs last night mate.
    You’re in a good position. You can always rent the cab out so if you decide the new job isn’t for you, there’s something to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You’re in a good position. You can always rent the cab out so if you decide the new job isn’t for you, there’s something to go back to.
    That’s what I would probably do.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

R

Washing machine door lock delay.

You hear the washing machine beeping to say it has finished and nip through thinking I'll quickly empty this.
    You try the door but it doesn't open. You wait 2 seconds and try again but it still doesn't open.
    You try again 5 seconds later thinking it will open now , but no.
    This time you decide to stay bent over , wait 2 seconds and nearly go radge when it still doesn't open.

Then you hear a click. Try again and it opens but now I can't be arsed emptying it so I'll just shut the door and pretend i didn't hear it

******* machine
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Washing machine door lock delay.

You hear the washing machine beeping to say it has finished and nip through thinking I'll quickly empty this.
    You try the door but it doesn't open. You wait 2 seconds and try again but it still doesn't open.
    You try again 5 seconds later thinking it will open now , but no.
    This time you decide to stay bent over , wait 2 seconds and nearly go radge when it still doesn't open.

Then you hear a click. Try again and it opens but now I can't be arsed emptying it so I'll just shut the door and pretend i didn't hear it

******* machine
    Agreed, SG it's a PITA.
    Do any other netters have to dunt their washing machine to get it to start?
    I've had to do that with my last two.
    Last edited by snooky; 19-11-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Folk who say things like 'there's nothing but football, football, football on TV' or 'it's all just reality rubbish'.

Most people have at least 15-20 channels these days. Add to that the various streaming services and other media platforms available and I'd suggest if you can't find anything other than football and reality shows then you aren't looking very hard
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Folk who sit in the outside of a motorway at 60 mile an hour. Nowhere near overtaking anyone and won't move in. Oh but there's a car a mile ahead doing 59 mph so I'd better stay in the outside lane.

The twats in McDonalds who canny get orders right, ask for a Beef feast and get a chicken burger, ask for an additional large fries and they forget that too. Ask for no ice in my juice (its cold enough) and it comes rammed full of the stuff!

Ticketmasters really poor website, its overcomplicated when trying to buy tickets. The See Tickets site is so much better.

People not pronouncing their T’s, especially on the TV.

There are a couple of adverts right now that make my blood boil. One is on the radio for KFC and the other is on telly for something where it sounds like young girls speaking like the “yoof” but they just sound ignorant and uneducated. It’s actually off-putting as far as the product is concerned

Unemployed people, particularly of the long term variety who insist on calling it "pay day" when they get their money.

You don't work, so how can it be pay day?

Morrissey.

Undoubtedly a supremely talented man in his day. Now he's just an ignorant, sad old man
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Morrissey.

Undoubtedly a supremely talented man in his day. Now he's just an ignorant, sad old man
    Hes still making good, occasionally great music. But he's clearly decided to make increasingly inflammatory statements to provoke reactions. I kind of like it that he doesn't give a **** what people think of him, even if supporting UKIP and the Israeli apartheid state puts me and him on opposite sides politically.

Morrissey.

I've detested that plonker intensely since the first time I saw him. He really makes me squirm.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Morrissey.

It's great entertainment watching and listening to him make an utter **** of himself every time he appears in public though.