hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 425 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think straight people get more upset than gay people over gay rights. Surely if everyone is to be treated equally then you have the same right not to like it as other people have the right to like it . one peeve for me is people who are to ready to be offended. Same goes with pussy footing around religion . I must say I had to applaud the Aussie prime ministers statement i read this week .basically telling all incomers that if they want to be in aus they live the aus way. If not they can use the freedom as gives them to move somewhere else in the world
    That will be the same made up statement that Britain First likes to post on facebook every other week then?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That will be the same made up statement that Britain First likes to post on facebook every other week then?
    No idea I'm not on Facebook bud I'll try find a link I read it on.. Either way I agree with it. I'm sure me saying that will touch the nerves of the previous mentioned easily offended people .

Just googled it , it is indeed a hoax.

No idea I'm not on Facebook bud I'll try find a link I read it on.. Either way I agree with it. I'm sure me saying that will touch the nerves of the previous mentioned easily offended people .
    It's made up and spread on the internet by a racist organisation to try and normalise their own views. I guess those of us who don't like extreme right wing groups are easily offended then. We'll all look away.

It's made up and spread on the internet by a racist organisation to try and normalise their own views. I guess those of us who don't like extreme right wing groups are easily offended then. We'll all look away.
    This is about agreeing with the contents of a speech (made up I now accept) I never knew who released it. Its funny how people go on about letting people live as they wish but if your views are that you should be able to live without having these views forced down your neck that is wrong.

This is about agreeing with the contents of a speech (made up I now accept) I never knew who released it. Its funny how people go on about letting people live as they wish but if your views are that you should be able to live without having these views forced down your neck that is wrong.
    I actually think you are trolling here so I'll just ignore anything else you come out with.

I actually think you are trolling here so I'll just ignore anything else you come out with.
    Not trolling . just don't agree with you

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    On the subject of facebook, I hate it when folk share things that are fundamentally wrong or made up (McDonald's chicken nuggets not being made of chicken, for example, or anything by Britain First), or the 'Share this and you will get good luck' posts. Are folk mental? How can a bit of code give them luck? Fannies.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    I think straight people get more upset than gay people over gay rights. Surely if everyone is to be treated equally then you have the same right not to like it as other people have the right to like it . one peeve for me is people who are to ready to be offended. Same goes with pussy footing around religion . I must say I had to applaud the Aussie prime ministers statement i read this week .basically telling all incomers that if they want to be in aus they live the aus way. If not they can use the freedom as gives them to move somewhere else in the world
    I'd say that's nonsense. There may well be some straight people who get more upset about certain gay rights issue than some gay people, but I wouldn't say it's the majority.

I would agree that everybody has the same rights not to like something, but everybody also has the same rights to challenge prejudice and discrimination wherever they see it. Without people willing to stand up and exercise that right, whether it be on their own behalf or on behalf of others who are straight/gay/white/black/brown/male/female/Muslim/Christian etc. we'd be in a very dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I'd say that's nonsense. There may well be some straight people who get more upset about certain gay rights issue than some gay people, but I wouldn't say it's the majority.

I would agree that everybody has the same rights not to like something, but everybody also has the same rights to challenge prejudice and discrimination wherever they see it. Without people willing to stand up and exercise that right, whether it be on their own behalf or on behalf of others who are straight/gay/white/black/brown/male/female/Muslim/Christian etc. we'd be in a very dark place.
    The gay rights thing was personal experience. My friends who are gay get more upset by people getting offended on their behalf than anything else. They like being treated the same in our group of friends as everyone else.. Some of my mates get ripped for being fat, ginger, the girls you pull and them occasionally for being gay, its the way we all like it. No discrimination . all treated equal. But then you get other people saying it is wrong. That is all I meant .

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    The gay rights thing was personal experience. My friends who are gay get more upset by people getting offended on their behalf than anything else. They like being treated the same in our group of friends as everyone else.. Some of my mates get ripped for being fat, ginger, the girls you pull and them occasionally for being gay, its the way we all like it. No discrimination . all treated equal. But then you get other people saying it is wrong. That is all I meant .
    That, I get... you're talking about a circle of friends who know each other.

if I was on a bus and someone was sitting ripping the pish out of someone for being gay or fat or a ginger I'd say something (and I have in the past).... I'd be discriminating against gays if I didn't

Ah right, fair enough. I thought you meant it more in relation to the discrimination chat on here but it's not quite the same thing...although I'm half expecting someone to say that their pet peeve is ginger people kissing in public.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    ...although I'm half expecting someone to say that their pet peeve is ginger people kissing in public.
    You've taken that too far,,,,put me right off my lunch!
    (Before anyone takes offence, I'm allowed,
    The ginger is strong in this one, it's just the same as Graham Norton saying queer or Ice Cube using the 'N' word!)

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    The ginger is strong in this one, it's just the same as Graham Norton saying queer or Ice Cube using the 'N' word!)
    Is Graham Norton gay? I'd never have guessed.

Current political discussion

Pulled this from another thread.... thanks gents, you're bang on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Yup. Desperate playground stuff. It wouldn't be so depressing if this wasn't the usual standard of political discourse in Scotland since the referendum.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Absolutely correct.
    The standard of debate and discourse is utterly abysmal. personally I feel that if people are not willing to talk about issues and just lapse into clichéd garbage (using language like RedTory, SNPBad, labourBad, quisling etc) then they're not worth listening to.
    I find it absolutely incredible that my SNP pals are completely unwilling to criticize bad legislation from the Scottish Government like the upcoming Named Person plans which are an atrocious, invasive and unworkable mess.
    "Must not criticize the party and all that" which I find utterly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I'd say you were more auburn...or is your avatar not a recent pic?

People who take more than a reasonable amount of time at a cash machine when there are other people waiting. I reckon the maximum you should be there for is 60 seconds and I'm being generous with that. 99 times out of 100 you know in advance that you're going to the cashline so, when you find yourself there, it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's asking you for your PIN, whether you want to check your balance, how much you want to withdraw and whether you want a receipt slip. What are people doing at these things?

Also, people who ask you for the answer to a question and then don't believe you when you tell them. If you weren't going to believe my answer, why did you waste both our time asking the question and having me answer it?!?

Finally (linked to the above), people (usually partners) who think that their mum or dad know the answer to absolutely everything there has ever been to know. This is particularly annoying when it results in the sentence, "my mum/dad said the same as you". Aye, they did - cos it's the ******* answer!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Shop assistants with zero product knowledge.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Any permutation of genders showing their affection for each other by kissing in public.

The ones that can't walk around a supermarket or sit on a bus in the middle of the day without constantly kissing each other do my head in.

On a similar point, guys wandering along the street with their gf's/wives that feel the need to feel their partners Jimmy Carters!

Testimonial Due
    Customers who think they can say or do whatever they want because they're the customer. The customer is NOT always right.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Customers who think they can say or do whatever they want because they're the customer. The customer is NOT always right.
    Agree totally and have enjoyed telling many a guest exactly that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Customers that threaten to call their lawyer. Guess what Einstein, you can't afford your forty quid bill so we all know you've not got a ****ing lawyer.

Also , the "you can't have a contract/direct debit over the phone brigade". Yes you can you ****wit.

And, the clowns who tell you they're going to do you for theft for taking a direct debit, when you've billed them exactly what they're due, on the right date, with the right notice. Good luck with that one, I can see Plod dropping everything to deal with your case.

People who take more than a reasonable amount of time at a cash machine when there are other people waiting. I reckon the maximum you should be there for is 60 seconds and I'm being generous with that. 99 times out of 100 you know in advance that you're going to the cashline so, when you find yourself there, it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's asking you for your PIN, whether you want to check your balance, how much you want to withdraw and whether you want a receipt slip. What are people doing at these things?

Also, people who ask you for the answer to a question and then don't believe you when you tell them. If you weren't going to believe my answer, why did you waste both our time asking the question and having me answer it?!?

Finally (linked to the above), people (usually partners) who think that their mum or dad know the answer to absolutely everything there has ever been to know. This is particularly annoying when it results in the sentence, "my mum/dad said the same as you". Aye, they did - cos it's the ******* answer!
    I think a lot of folk trust someone else with their Pin and card. You get a whole flat nominating one of their number to do an ATM run. Likewise home helps and care staff with their elderly clients cards. It all serves to hold up the queue.

The current McDonalds advert, vomit inducing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The current McDonalds advert, vomit inducing stuff!
    McDonalds bacon roll, had one today for the 1st time in years.... If I didn't have brown sauce on it I would have fired it in the bin. Do none of their senior management ever consider tasting their own produce?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Folk who are relentlessly 'glass half-empty', or always look at why things can't change or happen. I don't know how these folk get themselves through life.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Folk who are relentlessly 'glass half-empty', or always look at why things can't change or happen. I don't know how these folk get themselves through life.
    The chance to vote NO every couple of decades keeps them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The chance to vote NO every couple of decades keeps them going.

Aw Naw !😊

Testimonial Due
    People on social media who have the snp logo or 'the 45' as part as their profile picture. Give it a rest, seriously.