hibs.net Messageboard

Page 138 of 427 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 12806

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arnold clarke. Just booked in for an mot and got a new bulb before i went. Asked the boy if he could fit it before doing the test and was claiming it was a big job full bumper off etc (its a 12 plate corsa) laughed at him and ssid its a clip matw.he was a being a bit of a arrogant dick. I went out and fitted it myself in 3 minutes. Funny i never seen same guy when i went back in. Any mot failures will be taken elsewhere now!! Pr!k
    That's disgusting .

Can you not report it to trading standards?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

2. Log in to remove the advert

Depends of the model of car - some of them take half an hour or so to change the bulbs. Maybe the guy made a genuine mistake?

Needing fingers like ET and having to break your arm in 3 places to change a bulb in a car

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Depends of the model of car - some of them take half an hour or so to change the bulbs. Maybe the guy made a genuine mistake?
    Oh i know that. I used to be an apprentice mechanic and the old alpha 147 i think was was a half day job. Radiator and half the frontbof car needed tsking off for a bulb. .....i never told them uswd to work for arnold clark and explained it was easy i was just in a bit of a rush to get somewhere. Anyway its been failed on then light alignment and wanted 50 quid to correct it. Told them ill take it elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Oh i know that. I used to be an apprentice mechanic and the old alpha 147 i think was was a half day job. Radiator and half the frontbof car needed tsking off for a bulb. .....i never told them uswd to work for arnold clark and explained it was easy i was just in a bit of a rush to get somewhere. Anyway its been failed on then light alignment and wanted 50 quid to correct it. Told them ill take it elsewhere.
    I can top that. I used to have a mini that had run flat tyres and I had a slow puncture. After getting fed up of constantly blowing the tyre up I nipped into Kwik Fit. Asked for a tyre and the guy quoted me £130. I asked for something cheaper and he told me it had to be run flats. I told him I didn't want run flat and asked again for something cheaper. He told me I'd need to inform my insurers as I was changing to a non OE tyre. I told him he was talking ***** and took it to a local family owned tyre and exhaust place, told the guy there the story and he burst out laughing. 20 mins later I had a £45 tyre fitted to my mini and KF have never had a m penny from me since

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That’s true, but I doubt very much it was a genuine mistake. As far as I’m aware there’s no Vauxhall’s that need a bumper removal to change a bulb and I’m absolutely certain that the Corsa in any form has needed that process to change a bulb.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I can top that. I used to have a mini that had run flat tyres and I had a slow puncture. After getting fed up of constantly blowing the tyre up I nipped into Kwik Fit. Asked for a tyre and the guy quoted me £130. I asked for something cheaper and he told me it had to be run flats. I told him I didn't want run flat and asked again for something cheaper. He told me I'd need to inform my insurers as I was changing to a non OE tyre. I told him he was talking ***** and took it to a local family owned tyre and exhaust place, told the guy there the story and he burst out laughing. 20 mins later I had a £45 tyre fitted to my mini and KF have never had a m penny from me since
    KF would fit a child’s car seat into a Eunich’s car if they could get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That’s true, but I doubt very much it was a genuine mistake. As far as I’m aware there’s no Vauxhall’s that need a bumper removal to change a bulb and I’m absolutely certain that the Corsa in any form has needed that process to change a bulb.
    Totally agree but it could well be a person who is not properly trained in mechanical aspects but had heard of certain models that are a bit of a nightmare to work on.

Which leads me to another pet peeve - having to take your car to KF to get an inner tube fitted and find out that tyre fitters today haven't got a 'kin clue about the basics!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    KF would fit a child’s car seat into a Eunich’s car if they could get away with it
    Spot on! Shameless con men.

Trying to get own the stairs from the FF upper at half time and some cretin decides to stop in the middle of the stairwell and check his phone - walloper!

Trying to get own the stairs from the FF upper at half time and some cretin decides to stop in the middle of the stairwell and check his phone - walloper!
    Annoys me even more when people like this then just look at you as you try to get past them. Not a hint of an apology.

Mainly the workplace.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    People who stand in the middle of footpaths, blocking the way past at bus stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    People who stand in the middle of footpaths, blocking the way past at bus stops.

Or their closely related cousins, those who stand in the middle of a walkway/concourse in a shopping centre, or a shop aisle, airport concourse etc, and blether as a group, rather then ,icing to th side where they’re out the way.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Or their closely related cousins, those who stand in the middle of a walkway/concourse in a shopping centre, or a shop aisle, airport concourse etc, and blether as a group, rather then ,icing to th side where they’re out the way.
    Or the people who have their trolleys parked at 90 degrees to the aisle totally oblivious of any other shoppers in the store.
    Last edited by snooky; 09-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Or the people who have their trolleys parked at 90 degrees to the aisle totally of any other shoppers in the store.
    Or folk who spend an interminable length of time in a busy supermarket blocking access to say, the bacon, because they simply have to compare and contrast multiple identical packs of sausages (or bacon etc)

GET OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Or folk who spend an interminable length of time in a busy supermarket blocking access to say, the bacon, because they simply have to compare and contrast multiple identical packs of sausages (or bacon etc)

GET OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY!!!
    Or when you step aside to let someone past and they stop right in front of you, blocking your view of and access to the shelf you were looking at.

People who exercise in totally inappropriate public places.

I was driving up the Bridges on Saturday and a guy was jogging up the road. As I stopped at the lights outside Byron this guy dropped on to his front and started doing press ups as bemused pedestrians dodged around him. I came out the car park on New Street about 15 minutes later and drove down the Royal Mile, outside the Kilderkin I spotted the same guy doing burpees as a woman with a pram had to bump on the road to get past him.

It's not the 1st time I've seen people behaving like this lately, just screams of 'look at me, look at me' behaviour. There's not a shortage of parks in Edinburgh to run and exercise in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    When a team with most possession and in control of the game that's tied then gets a soft undeserved penalty and the commentators go on to suggest that the team in control of the game deserved to lead anyway, despite the penalty being totally unjustifiable.

No they didn't deserve to lead because they hadn't yet scored a deserved merited goal . Just because they were the team pressurising doesn't mean a soft penalty is justified and deserved.

It can be really annoying when commentators utter complete nonsense.

Last edited by Tornadoes70; 10-11-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    When a team with most possession and in control of the game that's tied then gets a soft undeserved penalty and the commentators go on to suggest that the team in control of the game deserved to lead anyway, despite the penalty being totally unjustifiable.

No they didn't deserve to lead because they hadn't yet scored a legitimate goal . Just because they were the team pressurising doesn't mean a soft penalty is justified and deserved.

It can be really annoying when commentators utter complete nonsense.

According to my punting account it was a legitimate goal. :-)

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I was driving up the Bridges on Saturday and a guy was jogging up the road. As I stopped at the lights outside Byron this guy dropped on to his front and started doing press ups as bemused pedestrians dodged around him. I came out the car park on New Street about 15 minutes later and drove down the Royal Mile, outside the Kilderkin I spotted the same guy doing burpees as a woman with a pram had to bump on the road to get past him.

It's not the 1st time I've seen people behaving like this lately, just screams of 'look at me, look at me' behaviour. There's not a shortage of parks in Edinburgh to run and exercise in.
    I totally understand your irritation, but I am pissing myself laughing at this story.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Have you seen the stupid road design atthe end of Albert street joinign to Leith walk?
    The new 'cycle path' has right of way so any cars have to stop. First thought I had is its a bit of a busy corner with pedestrains at the bus stop etc its only a matter of time before someone is knocked over.
    However in the last week I have had 3 joggers who for some reason were in the cycle lane and as I slowed to make sure there was no bikes assumed this meant they could continue their run and basically ran infront of my moving car. One guy even made a hand gesture at me as though I was in the wrong

I was at our local park with my wee girl a couple of weekends ago, there was a dad leapfrogging the picnic tables and another doing pull ups on a climbing frame, they started to try and outdo each other without making it look like it using all the children's play equipment. It was hilarious and pathetic at the same time, a few other parents were also laughing, it was like a Will Ferrell movie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    According to my punting account it was a legitimate goal. :-)
    Fixed that.

Last edited by Tornadoes70; 10-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Fixed that.

Haha, well done! I had Holland in the same bet, that goal probably shouldnae have stood either, oh well!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Haha, well done! I had Holland in the same bet, that goal probably shouldnae have stood either, oh well!

I'm always glad to hear folk have been collecting money from the bookies, especially fellow Hibby's.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Oh yes, the craze of jogging on the road, whats all that about??

Cyclists that don't use the cycle lanes in Holyrood parkas insist on cycling on the road.....

@hibs.net private member

Estate Agents

That insist on using the address Edinburgh, Midlothian.

Edinburgh has not been in Midlothian for 40 odd years. Update your local knowledge!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    That insist on using the address Edinburgh, Midlothian.

Edinburgh has not been in Midlothian for 40 odd years. Update your local knowledge!
    So many websites insist on a county as well, but never has the correct option for Edinburgh, leaving you with no choice but to put in Midlothian. The correct option should be Edinburgh City.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Cyclists that don't use the cycle lanes in Holyrood parkas insist on cycling on the road.....
    I'll hold my hands up to this, in the past I commuted from Corstorphine to Portobello, heading East I'd stick to the road as it was awkward and time consuming to cross over on to the cycle path then off again at the other end, heading west I'd jump on to the cycle path but it wasn't worth it due to the pedestrians ignorant of it being a (clearly marked) cycle path and I'm not the type to barrel through,,,,
    Nowadays it matters not a jot as the limit is 20mph so as long as I keep my feet spinning I'm not getting in anybodys way!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Like people who wear inappropriate clothing just so they can show of their tatts.