hibs.net Messageboard

Page 136 of 428 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent!
    I noticed that Sky F1 and now F1 fans in general have started calling qualifying "quali".

A grown man using the word "quali" deserves a boot to the tadgers without hesitation.
    Last edited by IGRIGI; 21-10-2017 at 09:20 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dog sleeps on our bed. She's usually cleaner than me though tbf so I don't think I'm really suffering from her being there to be honest
    My cat sleeps at the bottom of our bed as well.

We tried not allowing it but I couldn't stand seeing his wee face when we locked him out the room at night.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Other people on public transport, there are not many better ways to travel than by train, until other people join your carriage! (This might not go down too well but) Particularly folk from the far east who do not appear to need to take a breath for the entire length of their journey and can blether non stop at an unnecessarily loud level.
    Not sure if it happens in Scotland but in Holland and France the tendency to take one seat on a train and then believe the seat next to it is reserved for the said ****er's bag has my blood pressure through the roof on the morning commute.

My dog sleeps on our bed. She's usually cleaner than me though tbf so I don't think I'm really suffering from her being there to be honest
    Does she carry an Andrex toilet roll around with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    People who let their pets sleep in the bed with them. Have seen pictures on FB of people sharing their bed with their dog and others with cats. An absolutely disgusting habit.
    Agreed. I dont know many folk who wear their shoes and jacket to bed. Manky dog paws and baws all over the bed next to their lamppost sniffing face. Totally rank imo.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Agreed. I dont know many folk who wear their shoes and jacket to bed. Manky dog paws and baws all over the bed next to their lamppost sniffing face. Totally rank imo.

It's even worse that dog/cat owners let their dogs lick their faces and things. Thats after the dog or cat has been licking their own henry halls or chuffs.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Does she carry an Andrex toilet roll around with her?
    No but given she lives in the house with us anyway I'm not sure it makes much difference tbh. We hoover and mop the floors and wash the bedding regularly. Not much more you can do with a dog in the house really whether they're allowed on beds and sofas or not. She is pretty clean as far as dogs go though. She's in the sea most days so the worst she brings home is a bit of sand and that's easily dealt with in the garden or at the front door.
    Last edited by Mr White; 22-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    No but given she lives in the house with us anyway I'm not sure it makes much difference tbh. We hoover and mop the floors and wash the bedding regularly. Not much more you can do with a dog in the house really whether they're allowed on beds and sofas or not. She is pretty clean as far as dogs go though. She's in the sea most days so the worst she brings home is a bit of sand and that's easily dealt with in the garden or at the front door.

I'm sure it was a reference to the wee dug in the Andrew adverts :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    That's not all it was. And he's right there are hygiene implications with having a dog in the house. It's all about how you manage that overall though- a dog sleeping on the bed from time to time doesn't make a huge difference IMO.
    Last edited by Mr White; 22-10-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Having used Linkedin while searching for a job I'm adding LinkedIn ****ers to this page.

You know the ones, the ****ers who think that pretending to be really interested in their bog standard office job and posting any random article about their industry is somehow going to propel them to a Bill Gates directorship somewhere.

The amount of people with a sub standard 9-5 job trying to pass themselves off as a Jesus ressurected because they are "blue belt certified" or know how to do a ****ing pivot table in Excel beggars belief.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Having used Linkedin while searching for a job I'm adding LinkedIn ****ers to this page.

You know the ones, the ****ers who think that pretending to be really interested in their bog standard office job and posting any random article about their industry is somehow going to propel them to a Bill Gates directorship somewhere.

The amount of people with a sub standard 9-5 job trying to pass themselves off as a Jesus ressurected because they are "blue belt certified" or know how to do a ****ing pivot table in Excel beggars belief.
    Thank you thank you thank you.

I’ve been on the job hunt recently so reluctantly thought it might make sense to become more active on LinkedIn.

I can’t deal with the amount of arse licking and corporate speak though. I used to work with a young guy in sales who was daft as a brush but a really nice guy who’s personality was infectious, not spoke to him in years though and when it came up to connect with him on LinkedIn I was more than happy to do so, to see the corporate speak mumbo jumbo and arse kissing coming from him made me feel sick though, I really wonder if he’s been turned and speak that way in real life, if he is then he’s lost his best attribute as a salesperson, and if he’s not speaking like that in real life why the hell is he messaging people he won’t know talking this way?!

It’s a horrible form of social media and I don’t like how it encourages people to speak work outside of business hours and also encourages disloyalty by having employees whoring themselves all over the place in order to benefit recruitment consultants that don’t benefit in any way from loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My cat sleeps at the bottom of our bed as well.

We tried not allowing it but I couldn't stand seeing his wee face when we locked him out the room at night.
    My cat used to sleep on my bed every night when I weret nipper. Never thought anything of it. He was a great pal.

Companies who make claims about their 'charity work' that look great until you see the small print.

Old Mout Cider currently have an advert stating for every bottle bought they will donate to the Kiwi for Kiwis charity. Sounds great. Then the small print: '10p per bottle, maximum donation of £40 000'.

Old Mout is owned by Heineken who had an operating income of €19.275bn in 2014 and a profit of €1.758bn.

£40000? How generous.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Companies who make claims about their 'charity work' that look great until you see the small print.

Old Mout Cider currently have an advert stating for every bottle bought they will donate to the Kiwi for Kiwis charity. Sounds great. Then the small print: '10p per bottle, maximum donation of £40 000'.

Old Mout is owned by Heineken who had an operating income of €19.275bn in 2014 and a profit of €1.758bn.

£40000? How generous.
    It's quite disgusting how companies use the charity flag to boost sales.
    It's really as low as it gets when it comes to morals & ethics in business.
    Only bawbags do that - who could steal from charities

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    People who have checked out and bring their luggage into the breakfast hall in hotels.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Not sure if it happens in Scotland but in Holland and France the tendency to take one seat on a train and then believe the seat next to it is reserved for the said ****er's bag has my blood pressure through the roof on the morning commute.
    It certainly does happen here - and I couldn't agree more with you. Just sitting there when it's blatant that people are scrambling for any empty seats/standing throughout the train... takes being asked for them to move their backpack. Ignorance, Rudeness and c***iness of the highest order.

You've got me annoyed just mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It certainly does happen here - and I couldn't agree more with you. Just sitting there when it's blatant that people are scrambling for any empty seats/standing throughout the train... takes being asked for them to move their backpack. Ignorance, Rudeness and c***iness of the highest order.

You've got me annoyed just mentioning it.
    Oh.. and in my experience it's the middle-aged/classed businessmen that are the worst for this, not the young annoying youths

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    When you buy Discos or Squares crisps and the flavour is weak.

Being handed change in a shop using the method of placing the note in your palm and then piling all the coins on top... so much more awkward for transferring into your wallet

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    When you lend someone a book or a tool and they keep it for ages. Worse still is when you ask for it back and they swear they haven't got it. Assholes of the first order.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    When you lend someone a book or a tool and they keep it for ages. Worse still is when you ask for it back and they swear they haven't got it. Assholes of the first order.
    Or they go and die and you can't ask their relatives for it back without seeming mean. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you.

I’ve been on the job hunt recently so reluctantly thought it might make sense to become more active on LinkedIn.

I can’t deal with the amount of arse licking and corporate speak though. I used to work with a young guy in sales who was daft as a brush but a really nice guy who’s personality was infectious, not spoke to him in years though and when it came up to connect with him on LinkedIn I was more than happy to do so, to see the corporate speak mumbo jumbo and arse kissing coming from him made me feel sick though, I really wonder if he’s been turned and speak that way in real life, if he is then he’s lost his best attribute as a salesperson, and if he’s not speaking like that in real life why the hell is he messaging people he won’t know talking this way?!

It’s a horrible form of social media and I don’t like how it encourages people to speak work outside of business hours and also encourages disloyalty by having employees whoring themselves all over the place in order to benefit recruitment consultants that don’t benefit in any way from loyalty.
    I blame the apprentice for the cringworthy content. Also happens in interviews I have been unfortunate enough to be on the panel for.

Social media scare stories that always involve a car park and someone who 'looked possibly Asian' or had 'an Eastern European accent'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Lane drifters. Think if they just start to slowly drift into your lane without indication as they are alongside you that you will brake and give way. Idiots.

Ticket touts. I'm still looking for a couple of Erasure tickets for their gig at the Usher Hall in Feb next year and someone is selling 2 tickets on Gumtree worth at total of £88 (inc booking fee) for £200 each of £350 for the pair. . I have never sold football or concert tickets for more than what I have paid for them!

Social media scare stories that always involve a car park and someone who 'looked possibly Asian' or had 'an Eastern European accent'.
    Similarly, Daily Mail stories that just have to mention that the offender/suspect is Muslim. In fact just the Daily Mail in general. Utter rag.

Drivers who can't get in the correct lane when approaching a roundabout or junction.

Every single morning the heavy traffic on the approach to the roundabout on the A1 at Asda at the Jewel then leading up to the Milton Link is made worse by people not having a clue what lane they should be in. It's really not difficult.

Even worse is the absolute clowns who jump into the faster moving left lane to get round the roundabout then think nothing of sitting still with their indicator on, holding up all the traffic in that lane, whilst they try to force their way back into the right lane 100 yards up the road.

Drivers who can't get in the correct lane when approaching a roundabout or junction.

Every single morning the heavy traffic on the approach to the roundabout on the A1 at Asda at the Jewel then leading up to the Milton Link is made worse by people not having a clue what lane they should be in. It's really not difficult.

Even worse is the absolute clowns who jump into the faster moving left lane to get round the roundabout then think nothing of sitting still with their indicator on, holding up all the traffic in that lane, whilst they try to force their way back into the right lane 100 yards up the road.

These jokers should be made to resit their test!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

I hate the folk that do that with a real passion!

A few weeks ago I was in the (correct!) lane when some stupid person decided to drive all the way down to the front of the left lane before putting on their indicator and trying to get into the right lane.

It took a while before someone let them in!