hibs.net Messageboard

Page 131 of 425 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 12726

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feminists and feminazis.
    I've no issue with feminism and feminists.

It's the hypocrites who claim they are a feminist when they actually mean they are a misandrist that I have no time for.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    "Close the thread" cries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've no issue with feminism and feminists.

It's the hypocrites who claim they are a feminist when they actually mean they are a misandrist that I have no time for.

Definitely agree

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Different manufacturers of trainers working to different sizes.

I've always been a size 11 shoe for every brand of trainer or shoe.....part from Adidas which I've been a size 12 for.

Recently bought a pair of new balance, never had them before so to play safe I order a 11.5 but they are too small so I assume they work to the same size as adidas. Went to buy a new pair of adidas today and size 12's were too small for me now even though I've got a pair that fit perfectly?!

35 years old and I've no idea what size shoe i am!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I've always been a size 11 shoe for every brand of trainer or shoe.....part from Adidas which I've been a size 12 for.

Recently bought a pair of new balance, never had them before so to play safe I order a 11.5 but they are too small so I assume they work to the same size as adidas. Went to buy a new pair of adidas today and size 12's were too small for me now even though I've got a pair that fit perfectly?!

Adidas trainers vary across the styles I find.

I have about 20 pairs of Adidas and they vary in size between a 10.5 and a 13. Biggest I find are the Stan Smiths and the tightest the Bermudas.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I had to go down a size for the New Balance i bought 2 weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Adidas trainers vary across the styles I find.

I have about 20 pairs of Adidas and they vary in size between a 10.5 and a 13. Biggest I find are the Stan Smiths and the tightest the Bermudas.
    That's interesting, cheers. I've never noticed that before and I normally buy adidas. These were zx something or others and I was stressing a bit after that I've put that much weight on even my feet are getting fat!

Pain in the arse for ordering trainers online where a lot of the best deals are.

That's interesting, cheers. I've never noticed that before and I normally buy adidas. These were zx something or others and I was stressing a bit after that I've put that much weight on even my feet are getting fat!

Pain in the arse for ordering trainers online where a lot of the best deals are.

Generally speaking, Adidas are smaller/narrower than average and Reebok are slightly bigger/wider than average.

As PB has said though, different styles even in the same manufacturer can vary, sometimes significantly.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Kids grow your own crystal sets.
    We've had loads of these over the years and I've never managed to get any crystals any bigger than the original salts that you use for the solution

Also , you sit down with the bairn and set it all out over the kitchen table. Get the protective glasses on and dissolve some of the salts provided.
    Pour some in different Petrie dishes then tell the poor bairn to leave it for 2 days.
    Pain in the erse
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Growing children.

My daughter is just coming up for 4 weeks and there is no way someone that small can possibly be that hungry!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Growing children.

My daughter is just coming up for 4 weeks and there is no way someone that small can possibly be that hungry!
    Congratulations. It will get worse. Remember she's eating little and often. Both mine were on the Hibs.net bus 21/05/16. Unfortunately they were also both on the pitch....
    I hope you suffer the same fate.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Growing children.

My Mrs is due 17th March, life changing to say the least. More importantly its St Johnstone away that day!! She's been informed that its Hibs v Hearts on the 10th so not to drop too early either.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Growing children.

Just wait till she's a teenager

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Kids grow your own crystal sets.
    We've had loads of these over the years and I've never managed to get any crystals any bigger than the original salts that you use for the solution

Also , you sit down with the bairn and set it all out over the kitchen table. Get the protective glasses on and dissolve some of the salts provided.
    Pour some in different Petrie dishes then tell the poor bairn to leave it for 2 days.
    Pain in the erse
    Some folk will blame Rod for anything that goes wrong!!!!

My Mrs is due 17th March, life changing to say the least. More importantly its St Johnstone away that day!! She's been informed that its Hibs v Hearts on the 10th so not to drop too early either.
    Congratulations

Life changing is certainly accurate. I spent about a week in a daze I was just so overwhelmed by it all. Having this little thing just appear that you are charged with nurturing and keeping safe is terrifying and exciting rolled into one.

Congratulations

Life changing is certainly accurate. I spent about a week in a daze I was just so overwhelmed by it all. Having this little thing just appear that you are charged with nurturing and keeping safe is terrifying and exciting rolled into one.
    Mine is two now and I Still have that buzz and worry. Think its for life😐 wouldn't change it for the world!

Congratulations

Thanks, I'm quietly *****ing myself, worry about her going out on her own, driving and working while pregnant. Then the real worrying will begin in March.

The increasing difficulty in travelling direct between Easter Road and Leith Walk. Brunswick Road is closed to through traffic, Iona Street likewise and as of this morning Albert Street is the same. The top of ER is obviously busy because of the Leith Street diversions which leaves a lot of traffic trying to use Montgomery Street.

All seems a bit of a disorganised shambles to me.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The increasing difficulty in travelling direct between Easter Road and Leith Walk. Brunswick Road is closed to through traffic, Iona Street likewise and as of this morning Albert Street is the same. The top of ER is obviously busy because of the Leith Street diversions which leaves a lot of traffic trying to use Montgomery Street.

Leith is becoming cut off. I avoid it like the plague these days.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

The worst thing is all of these streets have been closed for a considerable time in the last year to 18 months, some of them i.e Iona street was closed for about 15 months and only recently opened.........why are all the same streets now being re dug up?

The Albert street caught me out this morning and as you said, is becoming a bit of a mare.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Thank heavens for Symology.
    http://www.symology.co.uk/

The crap Wimbledon v Mk Dons threads that appear on the MB every time they play each other and how people won't be attending. ***** patter by the way.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

They're currently relaying the road around Albert St which its been needing. However it will soon be dug up again for the tram line.

This is my pet peeve - the complete lack of co-ordination when it comes to roadworks in the city. Take the top of Montrose terrace for instance. Traffic just settling into it yet the minute Leith St. gets closed Scottish Gas decide to dig up the junction.

Then this morning I read a tweet saying that 3 different sets of temp lights have been set up on Holyrood road/Cowgate and clearly no one was aware it was happening.

Does my nut in
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    They're currently relaying the road around Albert St which its been needing. However it will soon be dug up again for the tram line.

This is my pet peeve - the complete lack of co-ordination when it comes to roadworks in the city. Take the top of Montrose terrace for instance. Traffic just settling into it yet the minute Leith St. gets closed Scottish Gas decide to dig up the junction.

Then this morning I read a tweet saying that 3 different sets of temp lights have been set up on Holyrood road/Cowgate and clearly no one was aware it was happening.

Does my nut in

Saughton Road North is set to shut in stages for 6 months as well. Something to do with Scottish water. One of the streets on Leith Walk is now no entry except for cycles.

The crap Wimbledon v Mk Dons threads that appear on the MB every time they play each other and how people won't be attending. ***** patter by the way.
    Yup, that and pun threads are brutal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Thieves. A guy true to walk into my house after I left for work this morning. Luckily my wife got the chain on and the door closed before he could open it properly. Utter ****bag.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    Yup, that and pun threads are brutal.
    Thats never even dawned on me before.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 19-09-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Thieves. A guy true to walk into my house after I left for work this morning. Luckily my wife got the chain on and the door closed before he could open it properly. Utter ****bag.

We always lock the door, even if we're in. It's a habit I've had since moving into my own place and I refuse to change it, my wife has learned the ways it's partly to do with theft but more so with personal safety.

I'll even lock the door behind me in the morning when I leave even if the wife is leaving 5 minutes behind me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    We always lock the door, even if we're in. It's a habit I've had since moving into my own place and I refuse to change it, my wife has learned the ways it's partly to do with theft but more so with personal safety.

I'll even lock the door behind me in the morning when I leave even if the wife is leaving 5 minutes behind me.
    Same here, I can't believe the number of folk who leave their property and family vulnerable by leaving doors unlocked.....madness.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Same here, I can't believe the number of folk who leave their property and family vulnerable by leaving doors unlocked.....madness.
    My wife was just coming at the back of me to lock the door, which is fortunately how she managed to get to the door before the boy could push it open.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net