hibs.net Messageboard

Page 116 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do that
    You utter *******! You'll burn in hell together with those who put toilet roll in the holder backwards.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Or people who pick up every item in one section and give it a thorough examination and generally dilly-dally forcing you to stand & wait to pick up one of the same items.
    On the other hand, folk standing beside you when you're trying to decide what to get or your trolley is in front of where they want to get to, generally tutting or making their presence known. Ever heard of saying "excuse me"? 😊

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    On the other hand, folk standing beside you when you're trying to decide what to get or your trolley is in front of where they want to get to, generally tutting or making their presence known. Ever heard of saying "excuse me"? 😊
    Yes, but in modified form

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Throbbers that applaud on a plane when it lands. Whats that all about? Pilot is just doing their job. Do you applaud the butcher when he hands you your pound of mince, or applaud the postie when he delivers your mail? Naw you don't so pack it in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Combining your last 2 posts.

I was on a flight back from Turkey a few years ago, flying into Glasgow. Sat in front of Jimmy and Senga McHun and their band of billy boys. All in Rangers gear from head to toe. One of the kids was at least a wee bit dressed up because he was wearing the away tap.

Stupid prick kept telling one of his brood to 'kick the seat in front to make the plane go faster'. After about 5 boots to the back I told him to tell his child to stop. 'Stoap wit' Is there a problem big man?' Eventually he had a word until we landed when he said to give the seat an extra hard kick to 'make the breaks work'. This was followed by the whole family celebrating like a last minute winner at Hampden when the plane came to a stop.

Absolute cretins.

Thank you! This is so pathetic (apols to Bingo, he has an excuse).

Its embarrassing that there may be people from other countries thinking we're all morons who feel the need to dress like we've only ever shopped at parkhead/ibrox, drink to paralytic states and applause when the plane lands. Very much a west of Scotland trait.

was once on a plane with a Glaswegian family sitting 2 rows behind, where the mother screeched at the flight staff that 'mah wean needs a slash, ****ing why can't he go to the ****ing bog?!', from within 2 minutes of the plane leaving the gate, for the better part of 20+ minutes, with an occasional 'just pish oan the seat, that'll ****ing teach them to let you go sooner'. This was after the whole family (parents, grandmother, and 2 boys aged approx. 8 and 16) had spent 2+ hours in the bar prior to boarding. It was the 16 year old that needed to go. Another family (from another country) actually asked to and were moved to another part of the plane due to the distress and upset this woman was causing.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Its embarrassing that there may be people from other countries thinking we're all morons who feel the need to dress like we've only ever shopped at parkhead/ibrox, drink to paralytic states and applause when the plane lands. Very much a west of Scotland trait.

was once on a plane with a Glaswegian family sitting 2 rows behind, where the mother screeched at the flight staff that 'mah wean needs a slash, ****ing why can't he go to the ****ing bog?!', from within 2 minutes of the plane leaving the gate, for the better part of 20+ minutes, with an occasional 'just pish oan the seat, that'll ****ing teach them to let you go sooner'. This was after the whole family (parents, grandmother, and 2 boys aged approx. 8 and 16) had spent 2+ hours in the bar prior to boarding. It was the 16 year old that needed to go. Another family (from another country) actually asked to and were moved to another part of the plane due to the distress and upset this woman was causing.
    Class act,eh?
    An embarrassment to our country and tbh, the whole human race.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Trust me it's not just confined to the weegies. I'm currently in Mallorca and I flew from Newcastle. As we sat down on the plain(me the Mrs and my 6 year old daughter) we realised we were seated behind a group of really drunk geordies. They continued to drink really heavily on the flight over, but to be fair, apart from some bad language they weren't that bad. The problem started when we arrived at Mallorca, there was a thunder storm and one of the geordies needed a piss. The plane was just circling around the storm, but the seat belt light was on. This wasn't conducive to extremely drunk men needing the toilet. One of them kept getting up and trying to go to the toilet, but the stewardess wasn't having it. After around 5 attempts she shouted that if he didn't sit down she would have the arrested on arrival. This caused one of the other extremely pissed geordies to tell the guy to sit down and shut up. There was then an awkward silence until the plane landed. We all got off and were directed onto a bus. At this point all them got into a full blown fist fight in front of all the rest of the passengers on the plane, most of which were families. I've genuinely never seen anything like it.

United we stand here....

People who say "Holibobs" or "Holibags" in general conversation.

They need dragged outside and shot. If they're already outside they need dragging back in beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

They need dragged outside and shot. If they're already outside they need dragging back in beforehand.
    I think I've mentioned the Holibags cringe on this thread before. Hangable offence using that horrible hybrid word.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I do that
    You are a monster that should be banned from Supermarkets.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Tv makers trying too hard to be weird as that, specifically David Lynch with the new Twin Peaks. I've enjoyed it in the main but episode 8 is brutal. Genuinely have no idea wtf was happening. Gratuitous, self indulgent pish with a ****ing Nine Inch Nails music video part way through.

Constant bloody re-makes and re-boots at the movies and on TV. The original Twin Peaks was brilliant, leave it be. Same goes for Total Recall. Have the studios completely run out of idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    People who park their shopping trolley so that it blocks the whole aisle and bimble off somewhere else.
    Bimble off hmm always thought that was a family word?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    Constant bloody re-makes and re-boots at the movies and on TV. The original Twin Peaks was brilliant, leave it be. Same goes for Total Recall. Have the studios completely run out of idea's?
    This drives me nuts as well, some of my favourite films have been destroyed by this I make a point of avoiding where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    Bimble off hmm always thought that was a family word?
    Think it might be from my big family.

Recently caught the remake of Total Recall and lost interest after 20 minutes. It's very slick but brings nothing new. Colin Farrell just doesn't have the presence of Arnie and doesn't convince me as an action hero. Kate Beckinsale was nice to look at but she's not a patch on a young Sharon Stone. I just hope they don't touch my favourite, The Running Man.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Tv makers trying too hard to be weird as that, specifically David Lynch with the new Twin Peaks. I've enjoyed it in the main but episode 8 is brutal. Genuinely have no idea wtf was happening. Gratuitous, self indulgent pish with a ****ing Nine Inch Nails music video part way through.
    You could say that about the first Twin Peaks. Weird as.

The use of 'shirley' instead of 'surely' by .netters.

This has clearly come about as a joke by someone ("don't call me Shirley, etc) but there are so many people using it on these threads that it clearly means that people believe that 'shirley' is correct!

Does my nut in!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Ditto for Gary Jules style cover versions of classic songs. Slowed down, piano accompaniment, etc. - just gonnae no eh!

Being forced to have a hair cut. What age am I, 12? If I want to look like 1965 Paul McCartney then I bloody well will.

I'm writing this as I'm walking to the hairdressers :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    The use of 'shirley' instead of 'surely' by .netters.

This has clearly come about as a joke by someone ("don't call me Shirley, etc) but there are so many people using it on these threads that it clearly means that people believe that 'shirley' is correct!

Does my nut in!
    You seriously need to watch the film "Airplane". All will be explained.

I know the joke, it's the poor grammar I'm peeved at.

And "Surely Valentine"

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I think I've mentioned the Holibags cringe on this thread before. Hangable offence using that horrible hybrid word.

You gents are ok by me.

And "Surely Valentine"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    ****ers that throw cups of lager/piss/unknown liquids at gigs. Probably said it already on the thread but it's ****ing horrendous patter to chuck stuff at folk at a gig. Saw an older woman get hit at Radiohead last night. Totally needless.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    ****ers that throw cups of lager/piss/unknown liquids at gigs. Probably said it already on the thread but it's ****ing horrendous patter to chuck stuff at folk at a gig. Saw an older woman get hit at Radiohead last night. Totally needless.
    I saw the View at the Bongo club at Moray House about 6 or 7 years ago and they walked off after 6 tunes when someone chucked a plastic pint tumbler at Kyle Falconer showering him in piss. He was understandably raging. They hadn't batted an eyelid at getting showered in water and beer etc despite that being bad enough but what sort of cretin pisses in a tumbler and chucks it at the lead singer of the band on stage? Ruined everyone's night.

On the other side of it I did chuckle when Brandon Flowers stormed off stage during the Killers set at the academy in glasgow on the NME shockewaves tour in 05 after whining "stop throwing beer, you're ruining my keyboard". Shouldn't have laughed but I couldn't help it
    Last edited by Mr White; 08-07-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I saw the View at the Bongo club at Moray House about 6 or 7 years ago and they walked off after 6 tunes when someone chucked a plastic pint tumbler at Kyle Falconer showering him in piss. He was understandably raging. They hadn't batted an eyelid at getting showered in water and beer etc despite that being bad enough but what sort of cretin pisses in a tumbler and chucks it at the lead singer of the band on stage? Ruined everyone's night.

On the other side of it I did chuckle when Brandon Flowers stormed off stage during the Killers set at the academy in glasgow on the NME shockewaves tour in 05 after whining "stop throwing beer, you're ruining my keyboard". Shouldn't have laughed but I couldn't help it

I was at that gig, pretty exclusive and very small capacity, that person screwed it for everyone. Twat

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I was at that gig, pretty exclusive and very small capacity, that person screwed it for everyone. Twat

That tv show, Nightmare neighbours next door. How overly dramatic is that

Probably gonna get someone disagreeing on this one, but for me at the moment, I am sick to death of English rugby fans. There are bloody thousands of them in Auckland just now for the Lions tour and I've yet to meet one that isn't a smug self-righteous over-privileged loud mouthed arrogant boorish w*****.