hibs.net Messageboard

Page 112 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have thought the fact that they're doing the cleaning would be something to be admired
    They certainly clean up, I'll grant you that - in the financial sense.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Grammar police posts.

Gay entertainers who's act seems to consist of nothing more than them being gay. Watched the Crystal Maze last night and Louis Spence made about 10 'jokes' about closets and tight squeezes in the 1st 10 minutes.

Worst of the lot is Julian Clary. Maybe making innuendos and suggestive comments to straight men and simialr jokes to the above was hillarious and edgy in the lates 80s or whenever he appeared on the scene but the world has moved on and it's just tired and ridiculous now.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Gay entertainers who's act seems to consist of nothing more than them being gay. Watched the Crystal Maze last night and Louis Spence made about 10 'jokes' about closets and tight squeezes in the 1st 10 minutes.

Worst of the lot is Julian Clary. Maybe making innuendos and suggestive comments to straight men and simialr jokes to the above was hillarious and edgy in the lates 80s or whenever he appeared on the scene but the world has moved on and it's just tired and ridiculous now.
    There's a dude like that at my work, comes out with absolute shocking statements about fellow workmates but gets away with it as you are allowed to be "catty" when you are outlandishly gay, I pulled him up about it and he tried the homophobe card on me

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

That seems to be the way comedy seems to be these days. Black comedians act are based around being black, female comedians, Scottish, Welsh, the list is endless. I suppose it's all down to taste, but I find it can be a bit repetitive and dull at times.

United we stand here....

That seems to be the way comedy seems to be these days. Black comedians act are based around being black, female comedians, Scottish, Welsh, the list is endless. I suppose it's all down to taste, but I find it can be a bit repetitive and dull at times.
    I just used gay as an example as it was fresh in my mind.

I don't mind comedians talking about what they know or observe, some great comedians have worked on such a basis. I just don't find exaggerating your own accent, playing up to being posh or a woman or whatever else all that funny unless there is substance behind it. As you say it's just dull and, quite frankly, lazy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    There's a dude like that at my work, comes out with absolute shocking statements about fellow workmates but gets away with it as you are allowed to be "catty" when you are outlandishly gay, I pulled him up about it and he tried the homophobe card on me

Ive met a few who come out with OTT sexually overt comments, then when called it about it, take offence.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Ive met a few who come out with OTT sexually overt comments, then when called it about it, take offence.
    Guy at my work does that. Not so sure it would be tolerated if I was so sexually suggestive in front of my female co-workers.

Sarah Millican springs to mind.

Clary was on some Countryside-type prog on TV recently and his voice-over was full of innuendo. It was just pathetic and tired stuff. I suppose he feels it's expected of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    VIPOO advert
    My sister in law does the voice over for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    My sister in law does the voice over for that!!
    Never mind, it could be worse she could actually have starred in the advert! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Never mind, it could be worse she could actually have starred in the advert! ;-)
    As Winnie the Poo?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post

You can be rest assured that if it was you speaking like that your feet wouldn't touch the on your way out the door. The gay card gets brandished whenever someone calls them out over comments and its out of order as it can cause one serious trouble for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You can be rest assured that if it was you speaking like that your feet wouldn't touch the on your way out the door. The gay card gets brandished whenever someone calls them out over comments and its out of order as it can cause one serious trouble for people.
    The "minority" card is the favourite one in the pack and it's used by all groups that have been or feel persecuted. Unfortunately, they don't realise it does more harm to their cause if it's used unfairly or without justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He was trying the victim card clearly and thinking I'd back down, just told him to grow the **** up and to stop trying to use a get out of jail free card when he'd been caught out

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The "minority" card is the favourite one in the pack and it's used by all groups that have been or feel persecuted. Unfortunately, they don't realise it does more harm to their cause if it's used unfairly or without justification.
    Scary thing is I never even mentioned sexuality in any context to him whatsoever, he actually said about a friend of mine who is leaving to be a nurse "why would she want to do such a demeaning job and all she'd be doing is cleaning up people's ***** all day"

I asked him who he thought he was talking about and that it was bang out of order on so many levels, everyone else there was doing the whole oh thats him being him, he's such a bitch, I said that doesn't excuse the fact he was being a ****

Hey presto the homophobe card came out to play

[QUOTE=Mon Dieu4;5080796]Scary thing is I never even mentioned sexuality in any context to him whatsoever, he actually said about a friend of mine who is leaving to be a nurse "why would she want to do such a demeaning job and all she'd be doing is cleaning up people's ***** all day"

I asked him who he thought he was talking about and that it was bang out of order on so many levels, everyone else there was doing the whole oh thats him being him, he's such a bitch, I said that doesn't excuse the fact he was being a ****

Hey presto the homophobe card came out to play[/QUOTE]

Thats desperation mate, caught out so trying to save face and turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post

Absolutely mate, especially when they are in some sort of trouble at work in a disciplinary or the like.

Women and your DIY.

I've just put up a towel rail and there isn't praise, there's "why couldn't you have done that earlier?"

And whenever you do a certain amount, you don't get brownie points, it just turns into the minimum expectation next time and they'll expect you to do even more.

People who travel on trains with more luggage than they can actually cope with without holding everyone up, bashing people with bags and dragging a ****** enormous case up the aisle taking out anyone and everything in it's path.

People who batter their shopping trolley into my pram without saying anything. Ok maybe I'm a bit big for a pram but anyway!

People who seem to have no hobbies or interests of their own but dismiss everything anyone else does. I met a guy I used to play football with the other day. He's not playing football anymore because it's all politics and *****, doesn't go to ER anymore because it's *****, doesn't go to the pub we used to drink in anymore because it's *****, doesn't see anyone we used to play with because they are all ****ers, I told him what I'd been up to that day and he 'couldn't be bothered with that *****', told him I was going out for dinner and that was 'overpriced and *****', told him I was meeting a mutual friend and was told that would be 'a load of *****' because his girlfriend was 'boring'.

I left wondering what this guy does with his time. Everything was '*****' according to him. It seemed the only thing he got moderate enjoyment from was sitting on his erse drinking cans of lager.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People who seem to have no hobbies or interests of their own but dismiss everything anyone else does. I met a guy I used to play football with the other day. He's not playing football anymore because it's all politics and *****, doesn't go to ER anymore because it's *****, doesn't go to the pub we used to drink in anymore because it's *****, doesn't see anyone we used to play with because they are all ****ers, I told him what I'd been up to that day and he 'couldn't be bothered with that *****', told him I was going out for dinner and that was 'overpriced and *****', told him I was meeting a mutual friend and was told that would be 'a load of *****' because his girlfriend was 'boring'.

I left wondering what this guy does with his time. Everything was '*****' according to him. It seemed the only thing he got moderate enjoyment from was sitting on his erse drinking cans of lager.
    Sounds like he's depressed but doesn't know how to express that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sounds like he's depressed but doesn't know how to express that to you.
    The thought did cross my mind but it seems to be quite a common thing. A lot of people I know seem to be 'not into that *****' despite never having tried it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

The same with folk that can't see a Twitter or Facebook post go without slating whatever it was about. It's like they feel because they can voice an opinion about everything, they should.

It's like they can't stand to see folk enjoy something.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Are you talking about me PB? I tick all the boxes however, I put it down to being a grumpy old man.
    Last edited by snooky; 26-06-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Dont know if I would class this as a peeve but it does make me angry when you try to have a genuine discussion about it/them.

Im talking about the word 'Obsessed' when discussing certain football teams, we all know the 2 main culprits. It seems to me when you ask some valid points or queries, especially on social media, your met with a response of obsessed as if this is a valid argument of not answering your valid questions. And if you press them to answer they extend it to why do you care so much, stop being obsessed.

The thought did cross my mind but it seems to be quite a common thing. A lot of people I know seem to be 'not into that *****' despite never having tried it.
    I mention it because I had a mate I shared a flat with, he was a constant cynic about everything and everyone, all his enthusiasms were about stuff so niche that nobody could possibly have a counter opinion about because they were so obscure (Brazilian techno dub for music, Korean flute music, nonleague kabbadi for sports or suchlike). Permanent sneer on his face about anything me and my mates got into. Met him recently after 20 years and he revealed that he was clinically depressed during that whole time and always wondered how we never noticed. I just thought he was a miserable **** by inclination, but he was just using it as a defence mechanism, I felt quite bad about it to be honest.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    When you just miss a call from someone and you call them back seconds later and they don't answer. That annoys me far more than it probably should.

Surely if you call someone and they don't answer it makes sense to keep an eye on your phone for a few minutes at least?!