hibs.net Messageboard

Page 103 of 425 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 12728

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its just more Americanised pish along the same lines as "my bad".
    "Bants" does my head in

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    "Bants" does my head in
    Bants is pants.
    Right up there with "nae probs" (a phrase I have unfortunately used myself in a moment of slackness )

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Bants is pants.
    Right up there with "nae probs" (a phrase I have unfortunately used myself in a moment of slackness )
    "nae probs" has been around for years and years though - don't beat yourself up too much about it. :)

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People who finish what they say with a laugh like it's now your cue to laugh.

Someone sniffling. Just blow your nose ffs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Calling a company and being connected to their automated service to direct your call more efficiently.
    You type in the account number , 6 digit DOB and select your required department only to have to repeat that information to the human when you eventually get through.

Another one , calling a company and having to listen to the pre recorded message asking if you would rather use their website and proceed to give you the web address as slowly as possible .
    I'm phoning to speak to someone ffs. Fo they think I've never heard of the Internet ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Shouty social media videos mainly consisting of some tube in his car wearing sunglasses and ranting about one thing or another.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Attention seeking twats on Facebook that just post something like Feeling Annoyed.... purely to get the whats up hun?, you ok babe reactions? Bollocks!!

The saying that is "lush". More american pish creeping into our phrasebooks.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Attention seeking twats on Facebook that just post something like Feeling Annoyed.... purely to get the whats up hun?, you ok babe reactions? Bollocks!!
    You missed "Don't want to say here, PM you"

Birds crapping on my car.

I'm sure they're holding it in until I wash it.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I do hope you're taking about the avian type!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    The saying that is "lush". More american pish creeping into our phrasebooks.
    Always thought "lush" was Welsh,,,,

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Temporary traffic lights when there is absolutely nothing happening. There's a set on Easter Road that at least doubled the time it took me to get to and from work today. They went up yesterday, and when I eventually passed them on my way home today, all there is, is a square of traffic cones where I assume they are going to start work at some point. Over 24 hours of inconvenience for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Temporary traffic lights when there is absolutely nothing happening. There's a set on Easter Road that at least doubled the time it took me to get to and from work today. They went up yesterday, and when I eventually passed them on my way home today, all there is, is a square of traffic cones where I assume they are going to start work at some point. Over 24 hours of inconvenience for no reason whatsoever.
    This has been peeved on here before and it is a big issue with me. Work should commence and continue day by day until it is completed. None of this peeing off to another job. If that has to happen then temp fill what's been done and remove the traffic lights - simples. Another peeve is when temporary signs are left by the roadside long after the work has been completed. Contractors complain that motorists don't abide by their signs. Well boys that's part of the reason why. You leave them up when your work is long done. Get your act together.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This has been peeved on here before and it is a big issue with me. Work should commence and continue day by day until it is completed. None of this peeing off to another job. If that has to happen then temp fill what's been done and remove the traffic lights - simples. Another peeve is when temporary signs are left by the roadside long after the work has been completed. Contractors complain that motorists don't abide by their signs. Well boys that's part of the reason why. You leave them up when your work is long done. Get your act together.
    Report them and it's possible that the company can be fined.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'd like to know what the gulls up my way are eating. They are ****ting up and down the street and it's like kids have been having a mud fight.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Doesnt help that every side street just about to get to Leith walk is also blocked, then, if you do get onto leith walk form one of the streets open, the rest of leith walk is a building zone as well!

Been caught in this a few times this week, absolute nightmare and as you say there's literally no activity whatsoever. I saw 2 workies there the other day sitting on the kerbside on their phones doing eff all while there was about a mile of traffic going back towards Seafield.

The worst roadworks at the moment are at Duddingston crossroads. There's a random hole dug right at the lights and it's down to one lane. I've yet to see any work being done on it and the traffic in the morning is backed all the way back along Milton Road to Milton Link when it's at it's worst.

Of course it could be partially resolved if they actually bothered to put a merge in ahead sign or something advising it is down to one lane more than 20 yards away from the actual roadworks. Coming round the corner from where Duddingston Row is the lights are still hidden from view so you don't actually realise there is a merge in before them (as it's usually 2 lanes) until it's on top of you. As soon as it gets busy this leads to an inevitable build up of traffic. and delays.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The worst roadworks at the moment are at Duddingston crossroads. There's a random hole dug right at the lights and it's down to one lane. I've yet to see any work being done on it and the traffic in the morning is backed all the way back along Milton Road to Milton Link when it's at it's worst.

Of course it could be partially resolved if they actually bothered to put a merge in ahead sign or something advising it is down to one lane more than 20 yards away from the actual roadworks. Coming round the corner from where Duddingston Row is the lights are still hidden from view so you don't actually realise there is a merge in before them (as it's usually 2 lanes) until it's on top of you. As soon as it gets busy this leads to an inevitable build up of traffic. and delays.
    The junction at holyrood road being shut off is arguably a bigger pain in the tits than that one or the Easter Road one, Especially since they've closed possible other diversion routes as well.

While this work is going on they should open the park imo.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk who ask you a question and if they don't like the answer they ask someone else instead. Does my head in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The junction at holyrood road being shut off is arguably a bigger pain in the tits than that one or the Easter Road one, Especially since they've closed possible other diversion routes as well.

While this work is going on they should open the park imo.
    The ones on Easter Road are not the worst in comparison, it's more the fact that they were there for almost 2 days when there was no work being done. Surely they could wait until the work starts before they put the temporary lights on.

What made it worse was that the lights at Albion Road were working as normal so when the temp lights did change, if the other lights were at red, only about 4 cars got through.

Coming home yesterday, the traffic was backed up to Holyrood.

Folk walking towards you on a narrow pavement where its only wide enough for 2 folk, yet they expect you to walk into the road so they can still walk side by side to continue their conversation? GTF! 😠

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Folk walking towards you on a narrow pavement where its only wide enough for 2 folk, yet they expect you to walk into the road so they can still walk side by side to continue their conversation? GTF! 😠
    Think I mentioned it at the start of this thread. Happened to me today in London, three guys marching down the pavement three abreast with the one on the right taking a sharpish 180 degree turn when we collided at ramming speed.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    The ones on Easter Road are not the worst in comparison, it's more the fact that they were there for almost 2 days when there was no work being done. Surely they could wait until the work starts before they put the temporary lights on.

What made it worse was that the lights at Albion Road were working as normal so when the temp lights did change, if the other lights were at red, only about 4 cars got through.

Coming home yesterday, the traffic was backed up to Holyrood.
    Im finding leith walk is quicker, especially if queen street is busy (assuming your coming feom that direction) i cut of left down dundas then right along northumberland just head for annandale street and onto leith walk. Lights and traffic seem to flow a bit better, at least around 5:30 it does

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Leith is an absolute nightmare just now. Today there was 4 way temporary at Bernard st, up the road there was more temporary lights on constitution st, Leith Walk is a shambles and Easter Road has got temporary lights as well. The rest of the town isn't much better with Calton Road and St Mary's St being closed. I can't ever remember a time when things were such a mess.

United we stand here....

Folk that drive about with one or both headlights out then the have to use full beam and blind everyone......

They should have to do this like in china.China full-beam drivers punished by dazzling - BBC News

Folk that drive about with one or both headlights out then the have to use full beam and blind everyone......

They should have to do this like in china.China full-beam drivers punished by dazzling - BBC News
    Just makes you wonder what happens to you in China if you get caught peeing in the street.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

This drives me insane, there's very few times when driving in a city that you need your full beams on yet just about every 2nd driver uses them constantly!