hibs.net Messageboard

Page 101 of 424 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 12698

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

I've ranted about them before but Edinburgh ****ing council.

I moved house about 4 weeks ago. About 8 weeks ago I filled out the relevant form re council tax. Received an acknowledgement within 10 days (super efficient by council standards) and was informed my new home wasn't yet banded but I would be informed as soon as it was. Lo and behold 6 and a bit weeks later it still isn't banded (not a surprise tbf) but they have also sent me a letter informing me I missed a payment last week on my old home (I have set up mail forwarding). I tried to phone them to explain I haven't lived there for a month, had filled out their relevant forms and my payments are up to date but of course you can't do something as simple as speak to a person, you have to leave a message and will be called back within 48 hours (we are at over 96 working hourse and counting now).

Don't even get me started on chasing them for the refund on my returned parking permit which I was assured would be with me within 5 working days (3 weeks and 2 days currently).

I always hear how they are short staffed and so on but their basic systems are so flawed they could have 1000s of extra staff and would still be a million miles short of incompetent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Hermes parcel couriers who visit your house on 3 consecutive days when everyone is at work and then return your parcel to sender. This despite you leaving notes and offering some alternatives that every other courier has been happy to oblige.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Folding plans when the roll of paper is coming to an end (drawing office people know what I'm on about).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hermes parcel couriers who visit your house on 3 consecutive days when everyone is at work and then return your parcel to sender. This despite you leaving notes and offering some alternatives that every other courier has been happy to oblige.
    Hermes are the worst, DPD or the Royal mail seems to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've ranted about them before but Edinburgh ****ing council.

I moved house about 4 weeks ago. About 8 weeks ago I filled out the relevant form re council tax. Received an acknowledgement within 10 days (super efficient by council standards) and was informed my new home wasn't yet banded but I would be informed as soon as it was. Lo and behold 6 and a bit weeks later it still isn't banded (not a surprise tbf) but they have also sent me a letter informing me I missed a payment last week on my old home (I have set up mail forwarding). I tried to phone them to explain I haven't lived there for a month, had filled out their relevant forms and my payments are up to date but of course you can't do something as simple as speak to a person, you have to leave a message and will be called back within 48 hours (we are at over 96 working hourse and counting now).

Don't even get me started on chasing them for the refund on my returned parking permit which I was assured would be with me within 5 working days (3 weeks and 2 days currently).

I always hear how they are short staffed and so on but their basic systems are so flawed they could have 1000s of extra staff and would still be a million miles short of incompetent.
    Exact same boat with Fife Council/Manchester City Council.

New flat is unbanded. Despite all the the other flats in the block already being listed with a band.

Fife still haven't returned my over payment.

Shambles.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Must be a new driver who doesn't know the ropes yet or a right jobsworth or maybe a parcel or 2 have went missing on his run. If he doesn't deliver parcel he doesn't get any money so a neighbour or your suggested safe place would certainly receive the parcel if it was me delivering it

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    My favourite Hermes story was when I got sent to collect a parcel and deliver a replacement. It seems a new guy had started for Hermes and the parcel was dumped 3 weeks before in a derelict barn about 3/4 of a mile from nearest house. The woman only got her soaking wet dress because her neighbour collected her parcel from the same barn.
    Satnavs are useless for rural postcodes

@hibs.net private member
    Put a foul smelling food recycling bin out side your front door, and add some rotting fish to make it really rancid: Hermes drivers absolutely love to leave parcels in there.
    My neighbour also retrieved one of my (Hermes delivered) parcels from her garden waste bin - she heard the lorry and ran out with some more grass clippings to catch them before uplift, and saw my parcel nestling in a pile of weeds and clippings.
    Get recycling and get your parcels - everyone's a winner
    Last edited by s.a.m; 03-05-2017 at 02:45 PM.

When the voice recognition on your phone, 90% of the time totally dormant and, as far as I'm aware, not even activated, randomly chirps up from your pocket "If you said something, I didn't hear it".

Usually from your pocket or another room or similar.

Cyclists who don't use the dedicated cycle and pedestrian way at Seafield and instead puff up the hill right in the middle of the road holding everything up behind them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    No. Yodel are the worst. They don't even ring the bell. They just stand in the street and go: Yodelaydeeeeee!

Blog Entries
    Cyclists who don't use the dedicated cycle and pedestrian way at Seafield and instead puff up the hill right in the middle of the road holding everything up behind them.
    ...... I read that as 'the defecated cycle and pedestrian way at Seafield'. Quite appropriate for that part of Edinburgh I suppose.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ...... I read that as 'the defecated cycle and pedestrian way at Seafield'. Quite appropriate for that part of Edinburgh I suppose.
    and the cycl..... naw, I better stay shtoom.

Not to hijack the thread but I work for hermes.I do believe some are being a bit harsh for sure so couriers will be numptys but there are a lot of good ones.
    In my experience dpd and the amazon logistics companies are horrific.

I'm good at my job though 😉

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but I work for hermes.I do believe some are being a bit harsh for sure so couriers will be numptys but there are a lot of good ones.
    In my experience dpd and the amazon logistics companies are horrific.

I'm good at my job though 😉
    If you failed to deliver 3 times to Corstorphine Hill Avenue you're not :-)

If you failed to deliver 3 times to Corstorphine Hill Avenue you're not :-)
    Haha i'd be a bit lost if I was trying to deliver there bud.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Days when - the person before you at breakfast ate the last slice of bread - every traffic light turns to red when you approach it - you park miles from your work only to see someone pull out of a parking spot at the front door when you get there - the photocopier runs out of paper after the second last page you are printing and that was the last pack - it rains heavy when you leave the office and goes off when you get into your car - you choose the wrong queue in the supermarket and bank - you get home and someone has parked in front of your driveway - etc, etc....
    Now try and tell me there's not someone up there having lots of fun playing with each of us, one by one, day by day.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Days when - the person before you at breakfast ate the last slice of bread - every traffic light turns to red when you approach it - you park miles from your work only to see someone pull out of a parking spot at the front door when you get there - the photocopier runs out of paper after the second last page you are printing and that was the last pack - it rains heavy when you leave the office and goes off when you get into your car - you choose the wrong queue in the supermarket and bank - you get home and someone has parked in front of your driveway - etc, etc....
    Now try and tell me there's not someone up there having lots of fun playing with each of us, one by one, day by day.
    Then you switch on your telly and see that the Tories have taken control of councils in the most working class of areas due to the "no surrender" vote.

People who squeeze toothpaste from the top of the tube. Who does that? Push from the bottom, anyone who does otherwise is a monster.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Folk in your office who put their coffee spoon in the sugar bowl and leave coffee granules in the sugar!!! 😡😡😡

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Folk in your office who put their coffee spoon in the sugar bowl and leave coffee granules in the sugar!!! ������
    Mouses sheite! Does ma heid in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Mouses sheite! Does ma heid in!!
    I'm seriously considering buying sugar cubes and keeping them on my desk - gives me the boak!! 🤢

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Fidget spinners!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Fidget spinners!
    I saw something about these on the news the other day. WTF?

I saw something about these on the news the other day. WTF?
    Latest playground craze. The noise it makes when it's spinning does my head in

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Latest playground craze. The noise it makes when it's spinning does my head in
    Ive just ordered one from amazon. The bairn has been going on and on about them all week, I've still not got a clue what it is though

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Ive just ordered one from amazon. The bairn has been going on and on about them all week, I've still not got a clue what it is though
    It's not even that exciting a thing, in my opinion anyway

My boy has got one but apparently he NEEDS more so we're off to the shops soon. Can't wait!

It's not even that exciting a thing, in my opinion anyway

My boy has got one but apparently he NEEDS more so we're off to the shops soon. Can't wait!
    What shops sell them? I was told I had to get them online.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    What shops sell them? I was told I had to get them online.
    I don't think any of the big shops have any left but I was told a shop in Leith has them so we're off to investigate further.

I got one for him at Clown Around soft play this week though, they had quite a few different ones.

I don't think any of the big shops have any left but I was told a shop in Leith has them so we're off to investigate further.

I got one for him at Clown Around soft play this week though, they had quite a few different ones.
    I wish I'd known that. I will have to face the Spanish Inquisition everyday until hers arrives, starting from tomorrow morning

United we stand here....