hibs.net Messageboard

Page 428 of 428 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428
Results 12,811 to 12,829 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk who are just totally oblivious to others around them. In a single shop today, I experienced:

- standing looking at stock on shelves, guy walks right in front of me, stops, and the stands for a significant period of time completely blocking what I was already looking at, then strolls away

- a woman who stood leaning on the end of the till next to the conveyor belt, watching the queue in front of her consistently move forward, as well as the items on the belt, but didn’t move until her stuff started to be scanned, leaving everyone behind rushing to get their shopping on the belt so they could then start bagging their shopping

- a different woman stops her trolley right in the middle of the sliding doors to exit the store, so she could talk to her kids about why they shouldn’t climb on the displays. Yes it’s important to teach them how to behave, but could have stopped literally anywhere else and it wouldn’t have blocked everyone from leaving
    A few years ago now. The old ASDA in Livingston had a narrow doorway. Two woman walking out stopped in the doorway to stop and chat, not side to side but facing each other standing behind their trolleys blocking folk from getting in or out. As I was right behind them the 'invective' I shouted at them on the need to block the whole doorway felt great. They could not quite work out why some radge was shouting at them until they saw the queue trying to get in.....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Fitbit chargers. My wife has one of the wee Fitbits and trying to charge it is like the Krypton Factor. They've made a bespoke clip-like charger that, even when seemingly perfectly aligned to the contact points on the bloody watch will only charge if it feels like it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Fitbit chargers. My wife has one of the wee Fitbits and trying to charge it is like the Krypton Factor. They've made a bespoke clip-like charger that, even when seemingly perfectly aligned to the contact points on the bloody watch will only charge if it feels like it.
    Most smartwatches/trackers have some kind of bespoke 'flat' charging connection – the port for a normal phone charger would take up too much space in such a small device.

Have you tried cleaning it? The connection on my (Garmin) watch is occasionally a bit unreliable and cleaning both sides of the connection helps. I clean it gently with water and an electric toothbrush. I dry it afterwards to avoid rust – not sure if this is necessary (obviously it has to deal with sweat).

'Look between H and L on your keyboard'.

About as funny as a fire in an orphanage. A trend that can **** right off.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; Yesterday at 10:09 AM.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Most smartwatches/trackers have some kind of bespoke 'flat' charging connection – the port for a normal phone charger would take up too much space in such a small device.

Have you tried cleaning it? The connection on my (Garmin) watch is occasionally a bit unreliable and cleaning both sides of the connection helps. I clean it gently with water and an electric toothbrush. I dry it afterwards to avoid rust – not sure if this is necessary (obviously it has to deal with sweat).
    Yeah it's clean and it should just clip in but it's been like that since she got it, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Double standards regarding lateness with medical appointments. If you are late, you are quite rightly, not seen or threatened to be removed from a practice’s register.

Other way about, not even an apology. Whilst I have sympathy that small delays throughout the day can snowball later on, there’s not excuse when it is the start of the day. My dad is in for an operation today. Said to turn up at 7am for the operations admissions.

Got there early, so sat in the hospital cafe for a bit. Decided to head for the admissions bit at 6.50 to find the door locked. Fair enough it was early. A queue started to form. Door wasn’t unlocked until nearly 7.30. No seats nearby to sit in.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yeah it's clean and it should just clip in but it's been like that since she got it, to be honest.
    Fair enough – one of the problems with bespoke connectors is that inevitably some of them are just a bit crap.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Very annoying, Elon should just ban the idiots.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Double standards regarding lateness with medical appointments. If you are late, you are quite rightly, not seen or threatened to be removed from a practice’s register.

Other way about, not even an apology. Whilst I have sympathy that small delays throughout the day can snowball later on, there’s not excuse when it is the start of the day. My dad is in for an operation today. Said to turn up at 7am for the operations admissions.

Got there early, so sat in the hospital cafe for a bit. Decided to head for the admissions bit at 6.50 to find the door locked. Fair enough it was early. A queue started to form. Door wasn’t unlocked until nearly 7.30. No seats nearby to sit in.
    Was that Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

The doctors surgery that my folks are registered with used to have a scrolling LED information sign in the waiting room, used for a few purposes including making patients aware of doctors running late, would regularly have notifications saying multiple doctors were running late before the first appointments had even happened. Wasn’t unusual to be running an hour late by 9am

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I don’t get it. “JK”, as in joke? Am I missing something or is it as simple as the digital version of the playground “made you look”?

@hibs.net private member
    The “actors” in the Scotto advert, make me ****ing cringe 🫨

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I don’t get it. “JK”, as in joke? Am I missing something or is it as simple as the digital version of the playground “made you look”?
    You are missing nothing, that is the jk.

How many world cups has Ronaldo won? Look between I and P on your keyboard is another classic of the genre.

Rapier wit.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    That is brutal! And the People's Postcode Lottery ad as well. Cringe.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    That is brutal! And the People's Postcode Lottery ad as well. Cringe.
    Or that one with the guy and lassie where you could win a car etc, “you've got to be in it to win it, yeah” **** off 😡

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Was that Livingston.
    The Western

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I'm related to one of them 🙈.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I'm related to one of them 🙈.
    Oops 🫣

Edinburgh bus station is to close. That's a bummer.