hibs.net Messageboard

Page 214 of 427 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We paid that 15 years ago when ours started nursery so given inflation we probably paid more (relatively).
    Re late fees, if parents are late it's not just one person that has to stay behind, for child protection reasons they have to double up or more if more than one set of parents are running late.
    Whilst most parents will be rarely late (if at all), if they are out would be genuine. However, some parents just take the pi$$.
    My (now 15yo) daughter works at an after-school club every other Friday afternoon and my sister manages a club in the South of Edinburgh, some parents treat the facility as if they were a babysitter on £2.50 an hour, turning up late without the decency of phoning ahead and with no regard to the staff possibly needing to be elsewhere.

Whilst the late charge is not welcomed by many (and in fact waived by some clubs if it's a first offence), there has to be something in place to focus the attention of tardy parents.

Some do take the piss.

my mother is a child minder, and doesn’t do late fees or anything, but has had to mark a few cards, including one parent who would get the train out of Edinburgh, arrive at the station around 6:15, and instead of coming to collect their son (my mum finishes at 6 but didn’t mind keeping the laddie for a little bit longer to accommodate the train times), the parent would go to the supermarket, get in her shopping, sometimes drop the shopping at home then come for their son, often not turning up until close to 7pm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The cushion mound display that the wife insists having on the bed. ******g pointless, fed up moving them off every night.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The cushion mound display that the wife insists having on the bed. ******g pointless, fed up moving them off every night.
    Worse when you have to move the cushions as well.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I had this in a holiday home once, it nearly drove me nuts.

Unoriginal ‘banter’. I do a lot of my running in and around Niddrie and Craigmillar so a bit heckling from the local young team is inevitable. A bit originality wouldn’t go amiss though. Is ‘run Forest run’ really the best they can come up with? Referencing a film that was released about 2 years before most of them were born is a bit disappointing.

I’m running the streets in leggings and a snood; I’m absolutely ripe for a slagging and they are letting the opportunity pass. Wouldn’t have happened in my day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Worse when you have to move the cushions as well.
    :-)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Unoriginal ‘banter’. I do a lot of my running in and around Niddrie and Craigmillar so a bit heckling from the local young team is inevitable. A bit originality wouldn’t go amiss though. Is ‘run Forest run’ really the best they can come up with? Referencing a film that was released about 2 years before most of them were born is a bit disappointing.

I’m running the streets in leggings and a snood; I’m absolutely ripe for a slagging and they are letting the opportunity pass. Wouldn’t have happened in my day.
    I have the same issue.

In my work i'm out taking photos of ***** properties in a very poor condition pretty regularly, a lot and a lot of the time there's workies kicking about. Every single time without fail, one of them makes a joke trying to show off to their pals about getting in the photo and how his good looks will help sell it.

In fairness, they don't know i get it every time but it does my head in. Wasn't funny the first time, every week for over a year it definitely isn't funny now.

While i'm on the subject of workies as well, when they play comedian in Greggs and try to have great 'banter' with the folk working there. C'mon, get your sausage roll and get out, no need for the bantz.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Leggings and a snood! You’d not have survived the Cowan changing room with that attire S! 😀

It's a lifestyle magazine kind of thing.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    David Mundell, David ****ing Mundell, David mother****ing Mundell.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    David Mundell, David ****ing Mundell, David mother****ing Mundell.
    Preach!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The jokers on eBay that think someone is going to pay up to £2000 for Playstation Pro 500 million edition console.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Those bar steward wee flies in your holiday apartment, nippy as.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The upsurge in private cars with drivers who think they can do whatever they f***ing want as long as they give a wee wave to say sorry, just had a barny with one said driver, f***ing earplugs in and smiling away as if nothing was wrong, the passenger didn't look to happy with the driver just pulling out on me, sometimes I wonder if these guys even have driving licences.
    Drivers are frightful generally.

I am one myself.

People who take pictures of their food, whether at home or in a restaurant, and post it on social media.

No one is interested in what you had for your tea.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    People who take pictures of their food, whether at home or in a restaurant, and post it on social media.

I'm more interested in what they had for their tea than what they themselves look like at the time they're having it. Even a shot of the empty plate that's left after they've eaten it would be preferable to the ubiquitous look at me look at me look at me stuff.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

The millions of people following food bloggers would disagree 😉
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

If I'm thinking of going to a particular restaurant I do search for it on Instagram and have a nosy at people's photos of their meals, it's really helpful!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I don't post them on SM, but I take the odd photo and whatsapp if I think it's something my girlfriend would like/I've put effort into making it.

It's something I'd try to do very discreetly if in public though. Nothing worse than an accidental flash (from the camera!) in a restaurant to draw attention to yourself.
    Mon the Hibs.

Buses, particularly single deckers, that swing in to bus stops narrowly missing folk with the big rear view mirror.
    I'm amazed no one has ever been beaned by such a manoeuvre. They miss by inches. I suppose all the drivers are just too professional.
    Aye that'll be it.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Groups of friends in the random checkin seats having conversations on the flight by shouting.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Groups of friends in the random checkin seats having conversations on the flight by shouting.

Also the one person that ends up next to you and they are constantly up and down to the pisher..... Or the really drunk one that tries to engage in conversation.. "how bout them tories eh, pure ruining country n that but..."

On a flight to Santorini last year I was amazed at the amount of wedding parties and the people were dressed as if they were going to tie the knot on the plane. Not so much look at me as Look at us - we're in love. Sickening, projectile vomiting inducing behaviour and most of them were pished and acting accordingly. The things you see when you don't have a gun.

When there's only 3 people at the ski lift, you, your Mrs and some random snowboarder and he gets on the 4er chair with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    When there's only 3 people at the ski lift, you, your Mrs and some random snowboarder and he gets on the 4er chair with you.
    It can only go downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It can only go downhill from there.
    We wanted a private chat and it's snow any of his business.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    TV programme continuity issues where the sounds from the next scene are heard before the scene switches.

TV programme continuity issues where the sounds from the next scene are heard before the scene switches.
    A "J Cut". It's a deliberate technique rather than a continuity issue but it's definitely becoming more prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

I got treated to an Easyjet lead cabin steward who, in his own mind, thought he was the next Kevin Bridges but in fact treated us all to abominable "Scottish" patter. Couldn't wait to get off that plane.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the 214 odd (for me anyway) pages on this thread:

People who do not know when and appropriately to use the "reply all" function on a bloody email.

Yes, we're a large group of people. Yes, we've all been invited to the same event. No, Andrea, I don't ****ing need to know you're going to try your best to make it along. JUST EMAIL THE ****TING ORGANISER!!!!