hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 425 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    People that can't spell "perceive".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

People who don't understand confirmation bias.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's been my main pet peeve through PP's 1,2 & 3.
    I didn't mention it this time in my OP but the 4 headlights mob really do my head in.
    I hate it too , usually I give them some high beam in return but its getting harder as more manufacturers are outing their compulsorily driving lights in the fogs

Old people or people that dont have any kids in the car that park in the parent and toddler spaces. They have a cheek to look at me when i am taking my 2 kids in and out the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Old people or people that dont have any kids in the car that park in the parent and toddler spaces. They have a cheek to look at me when i am taking my 2 kids in and out the car.
    And people who have blue badges and use disabled spaces who don't need them. A bit controversial but if you can walk all the way around the shops you can walk an extra 50 yards in the carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    And people who have blue badges and use disabled spaces who don't need them. A bit controversial but if you can walk all the way around the shops you can walk an extra 50 yards in the carpark.
    Wow.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Is it not fist bumping? 👊😲
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Wow.
    Issue ? I personally think there should be wheelchair/pushchair spaces at the door . and then wide spaces for older kids/disabled people , I know someone who has a blue badge for athriatus in his finger? Used it for 30 years (alongside never working because thw benifits are so much )It should be mobility issues only.

People that use exclamation marks instead of full stops!

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Oh oh......

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Pet Peeves IV

Issue ? I personally think there should be wheelchair/pushchair spaces at the door . and then wide spaces for older kids/disabled people , I know someone who has a blue badge for athriatus in his finger? Used it for 30 years (alongside never working because thw benifits are so much )It should be mobility issues only.
    I used to feel that as well.... The reality is different though. My wife can "do" the whole of asda etc but is sore after it, so the distance isn't the real Killer, for her it's the fact that she needs the door 100% open to sit down and get her legs into the car, in the past she's had to get a passer by to move her car out a space so she could then get into the car.... Once at the Gyle some ars* "illegally" parked in a disabled space right up beside her (if yer gonna be a f*k wit and steal a disabled space why not at least park in the proper position??) it was an hour before they finally got back, despite tannoy announcements and not even an apology when they finally got back :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    I used to feel that as well.... The reality is different though. My wife can "do" the whole of asda etc but is sore after it, so the distance isn't the real Killer, for her it's the fact that she needs the door 100% open to sit down and get her legs into the car, in the past she's had to get a passer by to move her car out a space so she could then get into the car.... Once at the Gyle some ars* "illegally" parked in a disabled space right up beside her (if yer gonna be a f*k wit and steal a disabled space why not at least park in the proper position??) it was an hour before they finally got back, despite tannoy announcements and not even an apology when they finally got back :-(
    I accept there are genuine cases. As you have said above you require a wide space more than one at the door. I think there should be less disabled spaces and more wide spaces as there is a far greater genuine demand for them. I think its wrong that its illegal to wrongly park in a disabled space but not in a parent and child space. My son broke his leg last year (he's 6) I wasn't allowed to park in a disabled bay , all the parent and child bays were taken and I needed the door fully open to get him in his chair so I had to park miles away, but someone who is fully mobile or worse still slightly overweight can get a blue badge and park in a disabled bay without questions . another good example is pregnant women. They are surely among the most deserving to be able to park next to the shop

Mother one is linesman giving pointless free kicks just because its on their side of the pitch , also standing in front of corner takers

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    1) if you go to McDonalds/KFC and you order food, they always say "is that a large?" If I don't ask for a large, don't assume that I want a large!

2) When you get to the till of a shop and the cashier tries to tempt you to buy a bar of chocolate for a pound. Really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Brown is the new black, dontcha know?
    It's not. It's just some spiv with a job lot of brown leather goods found a gullible market.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Folk who drive around with their front fog lights on when it's not foggy; blinding everyone else cos they think it looks cool 

And its illegal...

Testimonial Due
    People who spell where instead of were. In my experience there are a lot of people who do this. My mrs does it all the time despite me correcting her every time! Does my head in!

When one of the lanes in a dual carriageway is closed for roadworks, there are roadsigns ages in advance warning of this lane closure. However a large number of drivers decide to ignore them and skip the que further up the road. I never let them in and it pisses me off when other drivers do. Most of them wouldn't dream of doing it if it was a normal que at the supermarket or something, but the fact they're protected by their car gives them enough reason.

People who are constantly late. It's not hard to be on time but some people just find this so difficult.

When the road only has room for one lane of traffic. You pull over to let the other car through and they don't acknowledge it when driving past. I usually stick the finger up at anyone who does this to me.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 07-06-2015 at 07:05 PM.

People that order drinks in a bar because they saw it on Mad Men, Sex in the city, or the like, then proceed to not drink it because they dont like it then try to bring it back to the bar and say could they have something else. Also people that stand at the bar and wait till they get served then when the barman serves them they have no idea what they want or their 20 pals! Swedish drinking culture. They all go out drinking to get smashed Friday Saturday but if i go for a drink after work on Tuesday afternoon i'm an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Brown shoes or belt with any suit!!! It's just not done.
    Nowt wrong with it.

Testimonial Due
    When a baby is born and everyone bangs on about how much the baby looks like it's mother or father. It looks like a ****ing baby for gods sake.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    People who write "here here" instead of "hear hear" (which is short for "hear him, hear him")

@hibs.net private member
    When there's roadworks for miles and miles (like on the M6 last summer) and you can count on one hand the number if workies actually working. The rest are in the van sleeping, reading the sun or leaning on a shovel watching the one guy working.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    1) if you go to McDonalds/KFC and you order food, they always say "is that a large?" If I don't ask for a large, don't assume that I want a large!

2) When you get to the till of a shop and the cashier tries to tempt you to buy a bar of chocolate for a pound. Really annoying.
    If they ask "is that a large?" then they're not assuming anything...

Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post

Up selling, trained to do it and bollocked by their bosses if they don't.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    When one of the lanes in a dual carriageway is closed for roadworks, there are roadsigns ages in advance warning of this lane closure. However a large number of drivers decide to ignore them and skip the que further up the road. I never let them in and it pisses me off when other drivers do. Most of them wouldn't dream of doing it if it was a normal que at the supermarket or something, but the fact they're protected by their car gives them enough reason.
    The road does not close until you reach the point where it merges.
    Why queue in a lane when the other lane is free.
    Its all part of the road after all.

I see folk doing what you do on the roads all the time and cant help but think " what a welt"
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

I see folk doing what you do on the roads all the time and cant help but think " what a welt"
    Yup I agree , merge in turn at the end

Testimonial Due

It's just courtesy. People are waiting in a que as they know the other lane is going to close. Why should I let someone in after waiting in a line of traffic for 5 - 10 mins when this prick has just breezed to the front knowing full well that the lane is going to close?

I bet you wouldn't try to skip a que in any other situation, so why in a car? I get your point that technically the road doesn't close until further up, that's why there's no rules against it. But it's really just common courtesy.

The same also applies when drivers use the right hand lane to skip a que of traffic knowing that the right hand lane is for right turns only. Bawbags.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 08-06-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Yup I agree , merge in turn at the end

You're given notice well in advance to give you time to get in the proper lane. People who see the queue in one lane but choose to ignore it force themselves in 100 cars further on are chancing it IMO. I don't let them in either.

@hibs.net private member
    Slip roads not being used properly. Lothianburn junction on the bypass has a slip road that must be close to 1/4 mile yet everyone stops at the start of it or worse cut across the chevrons to get on. Forces everyone already on the road to stop and massive tailbacks - every single day.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You're given notice well in advance to give you time to get in the proper lane. People who see the queue in one lane but choose to ignore it force themselves in 100 cars further on are chancing it IMO. I don't let them in either.
    In the old days of the bypass there were cones at the bit where the road merges at the gyle and a guy in a transit forced a guy into the cones instead of letting him in. It was great to see and just a pity they took the cones away to replace it with paint.