hibs.net Messageboard

Page 104 of 425 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 12722

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This drives me insane, there's very few times when driving in a city that you need your full beams on yet just about every 2nd driver uses them constantly!
    Could give a new meaning to the phrase 'a Beamer driver'.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Temporary traffic lights when there is absolutely nothing happening. There's a set on Easter Road that at least doubled the time it took me to get to and from work today. They went up yesterday, and when I eventually passed them on my way home today, all there is, is a square of traffic cones where I assume they are going to start work at some point. Over 24 hours of inconvenience for no reason whatsoever.
    The work part is to do with the number of people available. Always need 5 workers. 1 to do the work and the other 4 to stand and watch. Custom and practice I think.

This drives me insane, there's very few times when driving in a city that you need your full beams on yet just about every 2nd driver uses them constantly!
    It's more annoying when they've got dipped headlights but go over a speed bump. Don't know how many times I've been dazzled like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    The work part is to do with the number of people available. Always need 5 workers. 1 to do the work and the other 4 to stand and watch. Custom and practice I think.
    Reminds me of the time I was walking through the Meadows and two council workers were working. One of them was digging holes and the other one then filled them in.

Curious, I asked what they were doing. They said that there's normally three of them but the guy who plants the trees was off sick.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Man Utd bum sookers....

A fly, wasp or bee buzzing in the room drives me bananas.
    Thank God for 'Raid'

Folk that litter when out walking or running. I was out early doors today in the Pentlands and as I was walking had to pick up 3 water bottles and 2 discarded gel packs.

If you can carry it full you can carry it empty. Sheer laziness and a total disregard for others who use the hills.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Not getting a good night's sleep.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When you're on standby duty and the phone rings.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Shop assistants with little or no product knowledge of what they stock. Particularly frustrating in B&Q when the assistant hasn't got a clue about a basic item you can't find.

Coaching Staff
    I'm not sure this is true. Can't say I ever see drivers in town with the full beams on, or any driver anywhere really keeping them on for regular driving.

Are you sure it's not just modern lights you are confusing for high beams? Many are self adjusting and are certainly getting brighter.

Fog lights on the other hand...

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Shop assistants with little or no product knowledge of what they stock. Particularly frustrating in B&Q when the assistant hasn't got a clue about a basic item you can't find.
    Currys are a nightmare. Called their customer service line to query whether a keyboard case I was about to buy for my iPad was going to fit because it was for iPad Air and I have the Pro 9.7. I was told that it would fit no problem. I reserved it at Craigleith so that I knew they had it, then drove along to collect it. Was just pulling up outside when my phone rang, it was Currys telling me that it wasn't in stock. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, but went in to see what they did have in stock. After talking to the assistant, it turns out that the case I'd ordered wouldn't have fit anyway.

Ended up buying the Apple Smart Keyboard which was double the price because I needed it right away.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Receptionist in hotels or car hire firms who start asking where you are going , busy day, long drive etc when you are tying to fill out their forms.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. Can't say I ever see drivers in town with the full beams on, or any driver anywhere really keeping them on for regular driving.

Are you sure it's not just modern lights you are confusing for high beams? Many are self adjusting and are certainly getting brighter.

Fog lights on the other hand...
    I drive at night time as well and I've never noticed it either. Sometimes when my windscreen needs a clean it makes lights appear much brighter. As you say some of these new LED lights do seem a bit bright.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I drive at night time as well and I've never noticed it either. Sometimes when my windscreen needs a clean it makes lights appear much brighter. As you say some of these new LED lights do seem a bit bright.
    You're higher up than the average driver so the lights are not in your line of sight. I'm constantly getting dazzled but I think it's the lights on cars are brighter rather than them being on full beam.

You're higher up than the average driver so the lights are not in your line of sight. I'm constantly getting dazzled but I think it's the lights on cars are brighter rather than them being on full beam.
    Thirty years ago I remember my dad complaining that everyone was driving around with their full beam on when it was obvious to me that they weren't.

Now I think the same thing - maybe it's an age thing

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Folk driving around in the dark using only what used to be called 'parking lights" :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Currys are a nightmare. Called their customer service line to query whether a keyboard case I was about to buy for my iPad was going to fit because it was for iPad Air and I have the Pro 9.7. I was told that it would fit no problem. I reserved it at Craigleith so that I knew they had it, then drove along to collect it. Was just pulling up outside when my phone rang, it was Currys telling me that it wasn't in stock. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, but went in to see what they did have in stock. After talking to the assistant, it turns out that the case I'd ordered wouldn't have fit anyway.

Ended up buying the Apple Smart Keyboard which was double the price because I needed it right away.

curries are a pain in the arse.

i went in and paid for a tablet/laptop a while back, at about 12:30 on a Saturday, to then be told 'the display one is the last one, we need our 'Know How' guys to remove the demo mode. It'll be done within an hour, we'll call you when it's done.'

No phone call by 3pm, so I phoned them, to be told it's not done yet, but will be by close of business, we'll phone you. Close of business, no phone call. Following day I gave them even more time, went in at about 1pm, went to the till and asked to collect it. Know How staff are called over, lots of blank looks at each other, before taking me over to their area where lo and behold, my tablet is sitting on a far desk with used wrappers, discarded packaging and boxes lying on top of it. They weren't pleased when I told them I wanted a refund as I wasn't prepared to wait any longer and given how it had been handled I wasn't confident it was still in the condition I'd inspected it.

the follow up is, I went to a different branch to buy it (again), only to have the plukey 14 year old school kid of a staff member try to upsell me as the one I wanted 'only has about 3 gig left on it after windows has been installed' (from an initial 32GB) - I point out that there's no chance that either Lenovo or Microsoft would sell a product that allows use of less than 10% of the advertised capacity, followed by me googling reviews on my phone that have lots of people singing the praises of the memory capacity. Cue said shop assistant disappearing sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    curries are a pain in the arse.

i went in and paid for a tablet/laptop a while back, at about 12:30 on a Saturday, to then be told 'the display one is the last one, we need our 'Know How' guys to remove the demo mode. It'll be done within an hour, we'll call you when it's done.'

No phone call by 3pm, so I phoned them, to be told it's not done yet, but will be by close of business, we'll phone you. Close of business, no phone call. Following day I gave them even more time, went in at about 1pm, went to the till and asked to collect it. Know How staff are called over, lots of blank looks at each other, before taking me over to their area where lo and behold, my tablet is sitting on a far desk with used wrappers, discarded packaging and boxes lying on top of it. They weren't pleased when I told them I wanted a refund as I wasn't prepared to wait any longer and given how it had been handled I wasn't confident it was still in the condition I'd inspected it.

the follow up is, I went to a different branch to buy it (again), only to have the plukey 14 year old school kid of a staff member try to upsell me as the one I wanted 'only has about 3 gig left on it after windows has been installed' (from an initial 32GB) - I point out that there's no chance that either Lenovo or Microsoft would sell a product that allows use of less than 10% of the advertised capacity, followed by me googling reviews on my phone that have lots of people singing the praises of the memory capacity. Cue said shop assistant disappearing sharpish.
    I asked an assistant if I could borrow a measuring tape t measure a fridge. He said there was none in the shop.
    Thanks for the help, bud.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Folk that litter when out walking or running. I was out early doors today in the Pentlands and as I was walking had to pick up 3 water bottles and 2 discarded gel packs.

If you can carry it full you can carry it empty. Sheer laziness and a total disregard for others who use the hills.
    Scottish ski areas are badly affected by that. I think some people assume that because they've paid for a lift pass there will be a team of cleaners doing a sweep of the mountain as they head back to the car park. Unbelievably ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I asked an assistant if I could borrow a measuring tape t measure a fridge. He said there was none in the shop.
    Thanks for the help, bud.
    People from Yorkshire posting on Hibs Net.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    People that are up way to early on a Sunday morning and flood the forum with their rants and piffle.

(6 posts already this morning and it's not even half seven)

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Folk who call the year 2017 for example , "two thousand and seventeen". No its "twenty seventeen". I know it all obviously started at 2000 and twenty zero zero doesnt sound right but its just wrong. I mean "ram your one thousand nine hundred and two" is nonsense isnt it !!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Restaurant staff that wait until you've deliberated over the menu, and are ready to give your order before telling you that a certain dish or even more than one are not available.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Coasters that stick to your cup and fall in your weetabix.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Scottish ski areas are badly affected by that. I think some people assume that because they've paid for a lift pass there will be a team of cleaners doing a sweep of the mountain as they head back to the car park. Unbelievably ignorant.
    To quote a bar owner I once knew, "People are pigs"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    People from Yorkshire posting on Hibs Net.
    Underappreciated jokes.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    People who smash your car window and don't even try and steal anything, at least have a wee raid ya ****my prick

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Underappreciated jokes.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    What is with folk doing their weekly shop or strolling around shop ps in gym gear?? It's not cool.