hibs.net Messageboard

Page 120 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Idiots who stand right next to the carousel when waiting for their luggage in the airport. If you stand behind the yellow line, everyone can see what cases are coming round. Somebody thought about this when designing the system. How can there be so many morons who can't figure it out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Russians attacking the buffet like it was the Reichstag 1945.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Idiots who stand right next to the carousel when waiting for their luggage in the airport. If you stand behind the yellow line, everyone can see what cases are coming round. Somebody thought about this when designing the system. How can there be so many morons who can't figure it out.
    Always felt the same, families(morons) that crowd out the belt with trolleys etc. Just send one person in and they can hand over cases to someone behind them.
    Experienced it again on Saturday at Edinburgh after flying in from Orlando via Gatwick. Luggage was sent to belt 6 at EDI which is not the biggest and being the last can get a bit crowded between hoardings and the wall. I just took a seat and waited until the luggage started to come around and when we spied ours coming the wife politely (at first) asked to get through but eventually had to elbow folk to the side. I was almost wetting myself at the mentality of some of the other passengers, you'd think they were in a queue for bread during the Soviet era!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk that sit in your seat at an all ticket event then take a moody when you ask the ti move.

Similarly when you get on a plane and find someone in your seat and ask them to move then they start huffing because you had the savvy to book the window seat

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk that ignore "no right turn" signs. There seems to be an ever increasing group of motorists on our roads who choose to completely ignore road layouts and signage and do what ever they want. These same people hate being told by other motorists and often become aggressive. Strange bunch of folk they really are.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Folk that ignore "no right turn" signs. There seems to be an ever increasing group of motorists on our roads who choose to completely ignore road layouts and signage and do what ever they want. These same people hate being told by other motorists and often become aggressive. Strange bunch of folk they really are.
    I agree with you, SH - however, in car parks (like say, the Fort) they have a one-way system set out so that if you are in the first bays you have to drive around all the car park then you end up next to the spot where you'd parked. That drives me absolutely bananas.
    I admit to being a naughty boy once or twice when faced with a long exit detour, I've thought "Foxtrot Oscar, I'm going out the quick way"
    Last edited by snooky; 25-07-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I agree with you, SH - however, in car parks (like say, the Fort) they have a one-way system set out so that if you are in the first bays you have to drive around all the car park then you end up next to the spot where you'd parked. That drives me absolutely bananas.
    I admit to being a naughty boy once or twice when faced with a long exit detour. I thought "Foxtrot Oscar, I'm going out the quick way"
    car parks full stop. often spaces are too tight for modern bigger cars but that aside it's like people just forget the rules of the road and turn into (even more) of a complete idiot.

add in the stupid pedestrians who see you reversing etc and still think its fine to just walk behind you and it's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First time I've parked in an airport carpark last week so don't know if it's the normb. Arlanda airport in sweden and the parking bays are so narrow to the point we had trouble getting my son out the car. Low and behold when we got back on Sunday the car had two nicks in the paint either side😡

Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    First time I've parked in an airport carpark last week so don't know if it's the normb. Arlanda airport in sweden and the parking bays are so narrow to the point we had trouble getting my son out the car. Low and behold when we got back on Sunday the car had two nicks in the paint either side😡
    Side by side car parking bays are nearly always 5m x 2.5m although a few can be shorter say, 4.5m. Longitudinal parking bays are longer (approx 6m). Parking bays for the disabled are obviously wider.
    Other countries may have different specs however, those are the general dimensions used in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    car parks full stop. often spaces are too tight for modern bigger cars but that aside it's like people just forget the rules of the road and turn into (even more) of a complete idiot.

add in the stupid pedestrians who see you reversing etc and still think its fine to just walk behind you and it's ridiculous.
    Plus the idiots that pull into the space next to you just as you try to reverse out.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Costco has the best car park - utilising the American angled system - however, people in this country seem to have an aversion to reversing so they drive across the bay into the next one where they are then faced with an awkward right turn to get out. Or at least they would do if they paid attention to the (now no longer used) one way system.

Costco just need to put a kerb down the middle of the bays and it will work as designed. People would get used to it, find it works, and hopefully other car parks would follow suit.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

I live at the Shore, and it's pretty much all one way between Constitution Street and Henderson Street, right down to Bernard Street, but the amount of people that think these rules don't apply to them and drive through the No Entry signs, is unreal. Must be dozens every day.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    You'd think they only had a couple of seconds to get their case before it disintegrated. I quite like swinging a case into their ribs when they ignore my polite request to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    You'd think they only had a couple of seconds to get their case before it disintegrated. I quite like swinging a case into their ribs when they ignore my polite request to move.
    The case for the defence, M'lud

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post

I live at the Shore, and it's pretty much all one way between Constitution Street and Henderson Street, right down to Bernard Street, but the amount of people that think these rules don't apply to them and drive through the No Entry signs, is unreal. Must be dozens every day.
    Your a grumpy git......

......... I taught you well grasshopper😁

Probably just me but this fascination with Hibs fan when a football match goes to 4-1 and they all stand by their keyboards waiting for a fifth to type "blah blah killed as a club "

Mildly funny first time. Awful now plus the fact I don't need constant reminders of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Probably just me but this fascination with Hibs fan when a football match goes to 4-1 and they all stand by their keyboards waiting for a fifth to type "blah blah killed as a club "

Mildly funny first time. Awful now plus the fact I don't need constant reminders of that game.
    There are many cliches and well-worn phrases used ad nauseam on Hibsnet.
    Some bother me more than others however, because I use a few of them myself, I can't complain.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    People that get away with doing/saying things others wouldn't.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Having to drop down about 3 pages to select your year of birth when completing an online form
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 26-07-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Children who want to be adults too soon that they dress and act totally inappropriately. Bordering on the obscene with the way some school girls are parading about.

Always picking the queue in the supermarket that turns out to be the one where the assistant has to call a supervisor for price check or missing barcode.

Well done admin (fud)! Sorry ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Having to drop down about 3 pages to select your year of birth when completing an online form
    I can relate to that.
    (Though I'd be more peeved if it didn't go that far back ).

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I can relate to that.
    (Though I'd be more peeved if it didn't go that far back ).
    I once had to get travel insurance for my dad and his mate to go on holiday. His mate was born in the 1930s and the website I was using didn't go that far back.

United we stand here....

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People leaving the door open when they enter or leave the bar. Ffs yer letting the heat in.

People who stop dead at the end of an escalator, or walk across the path of the escalator right in front of you. I take a sick pleasure in barging right into them, if at all possible with something blunt and heavy right in the shins.

People who block the escalator at a train/underground station despite all the signs saying "stand to the left" to allow people in a hurry to get past quickly. And they just stand there utterly oblivious.

Hijacked threads that go off in a tangent away from the subject of the thread title.
    Having said that, I'm one of the worst offenders!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    The dettol advert with the woman wiping surfaces with a piece of raw chicken. Minging and makes me feel a bit sick. It's always on during kids tv on C5 too.

People who start every sentence with "so."
    Hopefully it'll go out of fashion again soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    The dettol advert with the woman wiping surfaces with a piece of raw chicken. Minging and makes me feel a bit sick. It's always on during kids tv on C5 too.
    A dirty fowl - definitely a red card