hibs.net Messageboard

Page 427 of 427 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427
Results 12,781 to 12,789 of 12789

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Admittedly irrational and potentially a sign of me getting old (pet peeves often apply to both of these).

But whenever I hear Chris Cadden referred to as ‘Chrissy Cadden’ or ‘Cads’. But most strongly the former.

And I almost want to add ‘particularly when it’s Kevin Harper’

Sorry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Admittedly irrational and potentially a sign of me getting old (pet peeves often apply to both of these).

But whenever I hear Chris Cadden referred to as ‘Chrissy Cadden’ or ‘Cads’. But most strongly the former.

And I almost want to add ‘particularly when it’s Kevin Harper’

Sorry.
    The use of nicknames on Hibs social media has always irrationally irked me.

It's not quite as bad this season but last season we had 'Ginto', 'Geeds', 'Cadds', 'Nizzy', 'Millsy' etc etc all the time. I couldn't/can't stand it.

It's the same with fans who talk about players as if they are their mates.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It's not quite as bad this season but last season we had 'Ginto', 'Geeds', 'Cadds', 'Nizzy', 'Millsy' etc etc all the time. I couldn't/can't stand it.

That's what does my head in.

People have nicknames. I really haven't a scooby how anyone could get annoyed at someone calling Chris Cadden "Chrissy".

Another one that gets me is folk that won't leave players alone at events like the POTY night.

It's like some people forget it's a night out for the player as well. Grown men pawing at them asking for photos, wanting videos for their mates sisters nephew, begging for them sign a napkin and whatever.

I've been lucky enough to attend a few such nights and the players are generally pretty affable and approachable. A wee snippet or conversation and you move on though, some folk just harass them all night.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Another one that gets me is folk that won't leave players alone at events like the POTY night.

It's like some people forget it's a night out for the player as well. Grown men pawing at them asking for photos, wanting videos for their mates sisters nephew, begging for them sign a napkin and whatever.

I've been lucky enough to attend a few such nights and the players are generally pretty affable and approachable. A wee snippet or conversation and you move on though, some folk just harass them all night.
    Disagree. Its a club event and I see nights like this as part of their job. If someone asks for a photo then no problem. Different if their on a night out in town with their mates or their Mrs, then yeah I would agree they should be left to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Disagree. Its a club event and I see nights like this as part of their job. If someone asks for a photo then no problem. Different if their on a night out in town with their mates or their Mrs, then yeah I would agree they should be left to get on with it.
    A photo or whatever is fine and they should be expected to meet their obligations to sponsors and attendees.

Plenty people go far too far though. I remember a few years back a story grew arms and legs about Lennon telling a fan to **** off unprovoked. I witnessed the events and the story that was told was nonsense. A guy was at NL for about 5 minutes 'Neil, Neil, Neil'. Lennon politely asked if he could finish his conversation then he would have a photo, guy kept pawing at him 'come on Neil, just a photo mate'. Lennon again asked a bit more firmly to be allowed to finish his conversation. The guy kept at him grabbing his arm, trying to pull him away from his group and going on and on and Lennon did then tell him to '**** off'. Justifiably so. That's just rude. Same night a guy went into the toilet and tried to kiss David Gray when he was standing having a pee. Last year I was speaking to Joe Newell, I see him most days walking his dog and we always say hello and he recognised me. We could barely get two words out without the same 2 or 3 guys trying to drag him away for a photo. Again that is just rude, he's entitled to a private conversation for a couple of minutes.

A huge difference between a photo or a wee chat and that kind of oddball behaviour or the guys going back again and again for 'just another photo' or 'just a wee video'.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 14-04-2024 at 10:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    "Love that"
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Absolutely agree.

Millsy is the most baw-itching one.
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 14-04-2024 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    That's what does my head in.

People have nicknames. I really haven't a scooby how anyone could get annoyed at someone calling Chris Cadden "Chrissy".
    Me neither. That’s why I said it was irrational.

Most of my pet peeves are.

And it’s not just “Chrissy”… it’s hearing “Chrissy Cadden” over and over on hibs tv.