Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201
Results 6,001 to 6,004 of 6004

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious why?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

In the rare cases where they die on holiday and their families cannot afford repatriation.

It costs several thousands, I believe. Insurance is about £15 per week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Those on overseas holidays who don't have insurance.
    Agreed, the amount of crowd funding, pleas for help from folk sick Iíll or injured without insurance is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 13-10-2018 at 08:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    In the rare cases where they die on holiday and their families cannot afford repatriation.

It costs several thousands, I believe. Insurance is about £15 per week.
    Gotcha ta.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Two from me and they are linked.

Firstly people who don't adhere to rules at an events, organisers who don't enforce the rules and why we leave the rules in place if they aren't enforceable or there's no desire to do so. I was running at the weekend and the rules clearly stated only bone conduction headphones were allowed, breach of this rule was a disqualification. At the start there was the inevitable site of hundreds of runners putting all manner of headphones into their ears and setting of. Do I want to see people disqualified for this considering a lot of people train with music? Probably not but it's annoying. Firstly on tighter stretches of track or road if I want to overtake someone I often can't because they can't hear me coming and carry on blocking people behind them oblivious to anything else going on. Secondly if the rule isn't going to be enforced just get rid of it; state on the entry form that if you can't hear traffic, other runners or marshals then any injury or accident is your responsibility and be done with it.

The second peeve is littering. I ****ing despise littering. It's so pointless and it's just unadulterated laziness. At the same running event a lady in front of me went into her pocket, took out an energy gel, used it then threw the empty wrapper on the ground. Why? If you can carry it full then why can't you carry it empty? I picked it up and handed it to her and said 'I think you dropped this.' She seemed a bit puzzled for some reason. Again it was stated in the rules litter should be disposed of properly, I often find this is a particularly common way of acting amongst active people who really should know better. The number of hillwalkers I see tossing banana peels and the like onto the ground on mountains is scary. When you challenge them you get a 'it will degrade mate'. Maybe at 20 degrees over a few months but at -1 near the summit of a mountain it's going to lie there for years. These lazy barstewards rely on other people cleaning up after them though and they know someone else will pick it up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years