hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 5,551 to 5,577 of 5577

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #5551
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quit while it's just 4 figures!!
    Admin prick


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #5552
    Men that describe themselves as feminists.

    Guaranteed to have the typical student ****er look, thick glasses and unkempt beard, favourite drink will be a mocha latte from Starbucks, and all of this with the belief that they can get a sympathy ride from women if they appear on side.

  4. #5553
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,436
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Men that describe themselves as feminists.

    Guaranteed to have the typical student ****er look, thick glasses and unkempt beard, favourite drink will be a mocha latte from Starbucks, and all of this with the belief that they can get a sympathy ride from women if they appear on side.
    People who pigeon-hole others based on their political and moral views.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.

  5. #5554
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who pigeon-hole others based on their political and moral views.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    .. or their fashion sense :)

  6. #5555
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,081
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Men that describe themselves as feminists.

    Guaranteed to have the typical student ****er look, thick glasses and unkempt beard, favourite drink will be a mocha latte from Starbucks, and all of this with the belief that they can get a sympathy ride from women if they appear on side.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  7. #5556
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,872
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who pigeon-hole others based on their political and moral views.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Even worse if you're a chaste pigeon.

  8. #5557
    Folk who wear glasses that don't actually need them. You know the people who have the thick rimmed frames but with no prescripton lenses, just bits of glass. Why?

  9. #5558
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,116
    Folk that write the way they talk. Ken whit ah mean?

  10. #5559
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,580
    Inconsiderate parking by neighbours, if we all park properly we can fit four cars outside of our two houses, this works well until the neighbours seemingly long term lodger arrives and leaves just under a car length between the two cars, resulting in space for only three cars.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  11. #5560
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    122
    Ice cream lollies that make you more thirsty than you were before you ate it!

  12. #5561
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,872
    Blog Entries
    4
    Products that are packaged in large boxes but are only 2/3 full.
    Washing powders, corn flakes,, for example.

  13. #5562
    @hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,879
    Folk who go to golf tournaments to watch and dress as though they are playing,complete with golf shoes. What's that all about.

  14. #5563
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,872
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk who go to golf tournaments to watch and dress as though they are playing,complete with golf shoes. What's that all about.
    I suppose you could add folks that go to fitba games with their team tops on but that would be just daft

  15. #5564
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,694
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose you could add folks that go to fitba games with their team tops on but that would be just daft

    Speaking of which. Full kit w*nkers. Just no!

  16. #5565
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,580
    People who watch any type of sporting event or concert whilst holding their phone up.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  17. #5566
    @hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose you could add folks that go to fitba games with their team tops on but that would be just daft
    That's a bit different....unless these folk are also wearing their football boots !! I mean, golf shoes...really....it's just walking on grass you're doing !!

  18. #5567
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a bit different....unless these folk are also wearing their football boots !! I mean, golf shoes...really....it's just walking on grass you're doing !!
    Hmmm I think one of the main points of golf shoes are they keep your feet dry when walking through the rough etc, which spectators do a lot of. If they’re designed for golf courses it kind of makes sense to me that people would wear them when walking around a course watching golf.

  19. #5568
    @hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm I think one of the main points of golf shoes are they keep your feet dry when walking through the rough etc, which spectators do a lot of. If they’re designed for golf courses it kind of makes sense to me that people would wear them when walking around a course watching golf.
    Watching golf tournaments doesn't generally require the spectators to traipse through the rough...there are paths all over the place. Golf shoes are basically for players and to help them grip when swinging. Anyhoo it's no big deal and I take your point re waterproofness. I was at the Scottish Open on Fri and bumped into a few folk and they had the full golf gear on as if they'd just had a round. I just find it v odd.

  20. #5569
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,872
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a bit different....unless these folk are also wearing their football boots !! I mean, golf shoes...really....it's just walking on grass you're doing !!
    I know it's somewhat different.
    I was on the wind up.

  21. #5570
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,761
    The bint that lives somewhere behind me who has woken me up at this time 5 nights out of the last 7 (ironically Friday and Saturday were the exceptions) with banging what I think is a spoon on a bowl and calling out for what I assume is her cat. This gets repeated over again for about an hour. Me going out to the garden and telling her to shut the F up seems to have done no good.

  22. #5571
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Products that are packaged in large boxes but are only 2/3 full.
    Washing powders, corn flakes,, for example.
    Is it not because these products settle in storage?

  23. #5572
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching golf tournaments doesn't generally require the spectators to traipse through the rough...there are paths all over the place. Golf shoes are basically for players and to help them grip when swinging. Anyhoo it's no big deal and I take your point re waterproofness. I was at the Scottish Open on Fri and bumped into a few folk and they had the full golf gear on as if they'd just had a round. I just find it v odd.
    I don't even wear golf shoes when I play so it definitely wasnae me

  24. #5573
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Golf shoes are sensible for water-tightness, grip on slippy undulating ground and generally avoiding getting good ordinary shoes dirty with mud or dry dust. You have more of a point with wearing ‘all the other gear’ but even then, some folk will find casual golf gear more comfortable traipsing around a golf course.

  25. #5574
    @hibs.net private member Greentinted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golf shoes are sensible for water-tightness, grip on slippy undulating ground and generally avoiding getting good ordinary shoes dirty with mud or dry dust. You have more of a point with wearing ‘all the other gear’ but even then, some folk will find casual golf gear more comfortable traipsing around a golf course.
    Perhaps there are some golf fans who, knowing how up themselves some clubs can be in terms of dress codes, take the safe option and go full-on ice-cream vendor!

  26. #5575
    Hibs.net main forum

  27. #5576
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs.net main forum


    They’ve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency won’t be tolerated. It’s not acceptable for a club of this standard..” - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  28. #5577
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,872
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not because these products settle in storage? :hmm:
    By 30,%.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved