hibs.net Messageboard

Page 75 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 12722

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Auto correct: biggest pet peeve of them all.
    :greengrocer

2. Log in to remove the advert

People who blame auto correct for their own errors.

'Forth' is a word - as in "Go fourth and multiply".

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Mr W & CG, ewes are awful but I like ewes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post

😂

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    People who think they can read their phones and walk along a busy street at the same time.
    Seems to be a real problem in London.

Neighbours who have no idea of being decent. Probably not a huge issue to folk who have real ******* neightbours but my neighbours are actually ok semi detached house and we get on fine. I work shifts so come and go and we hardly see each other.

I'm not one of these in your face lets all be friends types but I'll do the odd favour and decent act. Prime example whenever i collect my bins in I'll bring theirs in too.

Now as said i work shifts so when they collect theirs its often when im at work. Its literally 10 foot to where i keep mine but they leave it lying in the street. Well tonight its blown over and the lid has come off completely meaning I now need to wait on a new bin.

Maybe i just expect too much but i would have thought "its windy. Ill nip the guy's bin in to stop it blowing all over the road"

Naw. Tossers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    People who think they can read their phones and walk along a busy street at the same time.
    Seems to be a real problem in London.
    Or folks in groups, often punters wi bairns in buggies and/or dugs who walk two, three or more abreast on the pavement slavering pish to one another while a single punter coming towards them has to walk on the road to circumvent said slaverers...am already walking in single file ya ignorant twats - goanny try it yersels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Neighbours who have no idea of being decent. Probably not a huge issue to folk who have real ******* neightbours but my neighbours are actually ok semi detached house and we get on fine. I work shifts so come and go and we hardly see each other.

I'm not one of these in your face lets all be friends types but I'll do the odd favour and decent act. Prime example whenever i collect my bins in I'll bring theirs in too.

Now as said i work shifts so when they collect theirs its often when im at work. Its literally 10 foot to where i keep mine but they leave it lying in the street. Well tonight its blown over and the lid has come off completely meaning I now need to wait on a new bin.

Maybe i just expect too much but i would have thought "its windy. Ill nip the guy's bin in to stop it blowing all over the road"

Naw. Tossers.

I think it's more that they don't see the world from any perspective than their own. I don't think it's done on purpose.
    I've seen me struggle to carry six or more grocery bags into the house while the other half walks past nonchalantly.
    I have to make the point by asking her if she needs a hand to carry her handbag. That's when the light finally gets switched on and she says "Oh, do you want me to take some of those bags".
    She's quick on the uptake.
    Last edited by snooky; 12-01-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Drama queens. Why do some people have to make such a big deal about everything?

Women in my office just now jumped out her seat and ran over to the window "oooh it's snowing, look". Steady, you're in your fifties, and you've lived here all your life, you've seen snow before. It's not exciting.

She's the same about everything though, nothing is ok, everything is brilliant, or amazing, or the worst, or terrible.

****. Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Or folks in groups, often punters wi bairns in buggies and/or dugs who walk two, three or more abreast on the pavement slavering pish to one another while a single punter coming towards them has to walk on the road to circumvent said slaverers...am already walking in single file ya ignorant twats - goanny try it yersels!!!

Totally with you on this

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Drama queens. Why do some people have to make such a big deal about everything?

Women in my office just now jumped out her seat and ran over to the window "oooh it's snowing, look". Steady, you're in your fifties, and you've lived here all your life, you've seen snow before. It's not exciting.

She's the same about everything though, nothing is ok, everything is brilliant, or amazing, or the worst, or terrible.

****. Off.
    I bet you just love American sit-coms

@hibs.net private member
    People - usually women - at a supermarket check out who don't put the next bar after their shopping.

I stand with mock indifference as the operator starts to put my shopping through with hers, and the pleasure of her having to reverse

the items is second to none. It always ends with a scowl at me as if it was my fault!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    People - usually women - at a supermarket check out who don't put the next bar after their shopping.

I stand with mock indifference as the operator starts to put my shopping through with hers, and the pleasure of her having to reverse

the items is second to none. It always ends with a scowl at me as if it was my fault!
    Personally, I don't think the onus is necessarily on the person in front to put the bar out. But I wouldn't fall out with you over it.

People who don't know how to queue properly, especially at the bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Personally, I don't think the onus is necessarily on the person in front to put the bar out. But I wouldn't fall out with you over it.
    Aha, I agree with you both. If I have loaded all of my shopping and nobody is directly behind me ready to then I don't put one up. If someone is standing waiting on me finishing putting my stuff up the that is my signal to them I am finished.

Pisses me off when the guy behind starts putting stuff up before I'm finished, doesn't happen often to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I think it's more that they don't see the world from any perspective than their own. I don't think it's done on purpose.
    I've seen me struggle to carry six or more grocery bags into the house while the other half walks past nonchalantly.
    I have to make the point by asking her if she needs a hand to carry her handbag. That's when the light finally gets switched on and she says "Oh, do you want me to take some of those bags".
    She's quick on the uptake.
    Yeah. It's probably a petty thing to care about but it's just how I was brought up. Do small things to help that are no effort to you.

Anyway. Some absolute prick scuffed my car today and didn't leave a note. Now i have new pet hate...not peeve, hate.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Aha, I agree with you both. If I have loaded all of my shopping and nobody is directly behind me ready to then I don't put one up. If someone is standing waiting on me finishing putting my stuff up the that is my signal to them I am finished.

Pisses me off when the guy behind starts putting stuff up before I'm finished, doesn't happen often to be fair.
    You're as well doing it anyway, as if nobody is behind you then the checkout operator will normally put one in place to stop the conveyor belt moving once all your shopping has gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post

This is getting done tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I agree. If I come up to the checkout and there's someone in front of me I put one of the plastic bars down and put my shopping on the belt. The person behind is the next customer and the divider is for them. It's got their role in this particular act clearly defined by the wording on the plastic divider.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Neighbours who have no idea of being decent.
    Aye, you're preaching to the choir there! I also work shifts so can also bring the bins in, or even take them out as necessary but it's very rarely reciprocated.
    Even this morning, we didn't have snow but there was black ice around the communal parking area. There are 30 houses and 2 grit boxes, did any of the neighbors spend 2 minutes firing the salt down as they waited for their windscreens to defrost, nope! I was walking to & from work today but still managed to salt the road and paths. Mentioned it to a neighbour that made a sarcastic remark (in that I'm always in as I work shifts), aye don't worry, I'll work when you sleep then come home and salt your paths so you can get to work!!
    Last edited by speedy_gonzales; 12-01-2017 at 08:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Old people at a bus stop. Old women specifically.

Stood there all ageing with their dodgy hips and a handkerchief over their heid looking all dottery yet when the bus turns up and despite the fact they were the last to stand at the bus stop, they morph into Usain f*****g Bolt and steam right to the front of the queue in a self-entitled manner and hop on first. Slags.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Old people at a bus stop. Old women specifically.

Stood there all ageing with their dodgy hips and a handkerchief over their heid looking all dottery yet when the bus turns up and despite the fact they were the last to stand at the bus stop, they morph into Usain f*****g Bolt and steam right to the front of the queue in a self-entitled manner and hop on first. Slags.
    Absolutely this.

I'm a decent person. If I see someone who looks a bit infirm at the bus stop I'll let them get on ahead of me no problem. If they're struggling I'll even give them a hand. I can't stand what you've just described though. That self entitled march right to the front of the queue with not a word, bus pass out and a look of 'don't you dare say a ****ing thing' plastered on their face.

For a generation that goes on about manners all the time I often find a hell of a lot of people 70+ don't seem to have any.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The older I get, the less worked up about all these "peeves" I get but there are some absolute crackers on here. I honestly used to think I got really annoyed about some trivial things but this thread takes it to new levels!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    The older I get, the less worked up about all these "peeves" I get but there are some absolute crackers on here. I honestly used to think I got really annoyed about some trivial things but this thread takes it to new levels!!
    2245 of them now .... and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

Think I'm going the other way, my tolerance levels continue to drop

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Think I'm going the other way, my tolerance levels continue to drop
    Graham bloody Norton!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Auto correct: biggest pet peeve of them all.
    Aye, autocorrect is my worst enema.

@hibs.net private member
    When folk disagree with someone/something and claim the other party has an "agenda", e.g. BBC reporting Kris Commons isn't likely to sign when their source is his agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    When folk disagree with someone/something and claim the other party has an "agenda", e.g. BBC reporting Kris Commons isn't likely to sign when their source is his agent.
    It's ridiculous.

Did I mention teenage sons?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net