hibs.net Messageboard

Page 113 of 427 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 12792

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    People in supermarkets who decide they don't want something they've picked up and dump it on a random shelf. Quite it's often frozen food which will have to be thrown out because they couldn't be ar**ed to take it back to the chiller cabinet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    When they close sections of the Edinburgh by-pass (at Lothianburn for instance) and tell you to use a diversion which has traffic signal timings unable to cope with the additional volume of traffic causing major tailbacks.

<- Bypass traffic management planners at work
    Last edited by snooky; 26-06-2017 at 12:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who turn right too early and completely cut the corner. Happens a lot on side streets when as you approach the junction you have to brake sharp to avoid the front end of your car being smashed.
    In the same vein people driving a car who before turning left do a big swing out to the right as if they're driving a long vehicle.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who turn right too early and completely cut the corner. Happens a lot on side streets when as you approach the junction you have to brake sharp to avoid the front end of your car being smashed.
    In the same vein people driving a car who before turning left do a big swing out to the right as if they're driving a long vehicle.
    This 10000000% happens at the top of St Clair just at the back of the Famous 5 stand on a daily basis, i see it all the time and the arse who cuts the corner normally are the first to go mental at the other driver as if they are the ones in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This 10000000% happens at the top of St Clair just at the back of the Famous 5 stand on a daily basis, i see it all the time and the arse who cuts the corner normally are the first to go mental at the other driver as if they are the ones in the wrong.
    A lot of the streets in Leith are bad for it, probably because they're narrow and it can be difficult to see if anything is coming along the side street.

I've noticed it's particularly bad at the turn from Easter Road onto Montgomery Street, mainly when traffic is backed up from the lights at the top of Easter Road and folk shoot up the wrong side of the road to take the turn.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    A lot of the streets in Leith are bad for it, probably because they're narrow and it can be difficult to see if anything is coming along the side street.

I've noticed it's particularly bad at the turn from Easter Road onto Montgomery Street, mainly when traffic is backed up from the lights at the top of Easter Road and folk shoot up the wrong side of the road to take the turn.
    Agreed, it happens on pretty much any street off of Easter Road, but I realise they are a bit narrow where as my example is a wide street and no excuse to cut that corner.

As for the Mont street, I am guilty of cutting onto the wrong side and nipping along(I do realise my irony here haha) but its also another peeve of mine the reasoning as to why.........Normally its in the morning and there is a Iceland lorry blocking the road. It says no Loading between xxx time, which to be fair the lorry is not normally loading, but the fact its sat there taking up half the road and forcing cars, but mainly the busses, onto the wrong side. Its a nightmare as cars are coming down from abbeyhill at the same time usually means 1 or 2 cars/a bus can only get through the lights each turn of green, hence why people loose patience and cut along Montgomery street

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    People in supermarkets who decide they don't want something they've picked up and dump it on a random shelf. Quite it's often frozen food which will have to be thrown out because they couldn't be ar**ed to take it back to the chiller cabinet.

I do that all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I do that all the time

I bet you drink milk out of the carton as well. And then put it back in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who seem to have no hobbies or interests of their own but dismiss everything anyone else does. I met a guy I used to play football with the other day. He's not playing football anymore because it's all politics and *****, doesn't go to ER anymore because it's *****, doesn't go to the pub we used to drink in anymore because it's *****, doesn't see anyone we used to play with because they are all ****ers, I told him what I'd been up to that day and he 'couldn't be bothered with that *****', told him I was going out for dinner and that was 'overpriced and *****', told him I was meeting a mutual friend and was told that would be 'a load of *****' because his girlfriend was 'boring'.

I left wondering what this guy does with his time. Everything was '*****' according to him. It seemed the only thing he got moderate enjoyment from was sitting on his erse drinking cans of lager.
    Didn't even realise I knew you let alone bumped into you recently.

Lazy barstewards in my work who nick the milk i had just bought and put in the basement kitchen fridge and take it up to the 3rd floor kitchen coz they're too lazy to walk across road to buy milk from the shop! 😡

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    When you just miss a call from someone and you call them back seconds later and they don't answer. That annoys me far more than it probably should.

Surely if you call someone and they don't answer it makes sense to keep an eye on your phone for a few minutes at least?!
    I never understand the dynamics of this. If I've missed a call I wait a few seconds for them to leave the voicemail I'll never check then call back. No answer, even though the phone rings as normal.

How?!? Typically my​ wife and mum are the worst at it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I never understand the dynamics of this. If I've missed a call I wait a few seconds for them to leave the voicemail I'll never check then call back. No answer, even though the phone rings as normal.

How?!? Typically my​ wife and mum are the worst at it.
    We hardly use the landline now but still pay an outrageous amount for it.

I bet you drink milk out of the carton as well. And then put it back in the fridge.

Naw. See, now you're just stereotyping me

Naw. See, now you're just stereotyping me

Which stereotype exactly? E.g. do you eat baked beans straight out of the tin?

I think we should be told.

Which stereotype exactly? E.g. do you eat baked beans straight out of the tin?

I think we should be told.

In all seriousness, this morning in my local Sainsbury's I selected a crisp multipack from the main shelves, then saw walkers were doing a better deal on the offer aisle and just abandoned the original pack with the walkers, thereby ruining the effectiveness of the display.

That's the kind of badass you're dealing with.

In all seriousness, this morning in my local Sainsbury's I selected a crisp multipack from the main shelves, then saw walkers were doing a better deal on the offer aisle and just abandoned the original pack with the walkers, thereby ruining the effectiveness of the display.

That's the kind of badass you're dealing with.

Respect.

New parents who think Mr & Mrs Joe Public enjoy listening to their screaming infant in theatres, churches & halls.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    When they close sections of the Edinburgh by-pass (at Lothianburn for instance) and tell you to use a diversion which has traffic signal timings unable to cope with the additional volume of traffic causing major tailbacks.

<- Bypass traffic management planners at work
    Or when the low road to Duddingston is closed but they don't tell you until you're in the park going round the roundabout. Why can't they put a sign at the lights on Dalkeith Road then I wouldn't waste my time and petrol?

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Or when the low road to Duddingston is closed but they don't tell you until you're in the park going round the roundabout. Why can't they put a sign at the lights on Dalkeith Road then I wouldn't waste my time and petrol?
    See five ostriches above.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When person in front of you takes what you were after in the chippy, especially near closing time when they have stopped frying.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Pictures advertising food, burgers etc that look nothing like the actual food you purchase. Not a big McDonald's fan but tried the new tennesse stack burger recently, hahaha not even close to the fantastic looking burger on the picture advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    New parents who think Mr & Mrs Joe Public enjoy listening to their screaming infant in theatres, churches & halls.
    And the fact if you say something about it, you are the one in the wrong!!

My 2 pet peeves are facebook related:

- When someone posts "Happy anniversary to my amazing hubby, hope you have had a good day" blah blah blah even though there are most likely sitting next to each other. Has to be made public apparently...

- Also when there is, for example, thunder and as loads of people post about it, you get the snidey statuses like "yes we know there is thunder, deal with it", those posts annoy me far more than the ones annoying them.

The first one is way too common for my liking, and some people on here probably (in fact definitely) participate in it, but it just frustrates me.

Security guards eyeballing you the minute you walk into a place.

Are they trying to intimidate me into not stealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Security guards eyeballing you the minute you walk into a place.

Are they trying to intimidate me into not stealing?
    Ditto ******** shop assistants in fancy shops that wear posh clothes to work and assume this elevates them above their actual customers whereas, in fact, they're shop assistants and I'm the one with the actual money to spend in here.

The "I don't think you can afford to shop in here" attitude rips my knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Ditto ******** shop assistants in fancy shops that wear posh clothes to work and assume this elevates them above their actual customers whereas, in fact, they're shop assistants and I'm the one with the actual money to spend in here.

The "I don't think you can afford to shop in here" attitude rips my knitting.
    On a slightly similar note women, it's always women, who post a picture of the view from their balcony/sun lounger/terrace etc on social media whilst on holiday with a caption like 'how's your Monday?'

**** off. You work in the same job as me, that isn't your lifestyle. You're on holiday you ****ing vain idiot.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    On a slightly similar note women, it's always women, who post a picture of the view from their balcony/sun lounger/terrace etc on social media whilst on holiday with a caption like 'how's your Monday?'

**** off. You work in the same job as me, that isn't your lifestyle. You're on holiday you ****ing vain idiot.

. You're on holiday, get the f*** off Facebook, plus no c*** cares.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Folk who put up an umbrella and, for absolutely no reason, believe that they now rule the world, and anybody who dares to be walking on the same pavement as them better be ready to jump out the way or get an umbrella in the face.

Nah don't bother looking where you're going, it's not necessary.

Folk that repeatedly and loudly tap feet in the office. Folk that put the phone on speaker in the office.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk walking down the street with their phone on speaker and them talking into the bottom of the phone.